You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdamasWrath

Line Riding CV's - I guess I'm one of them now.

44 comments in this topic

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Alpha Tester
319 posts
17,965 battles

It's been around since pre-Alpha. 

I don't like it, but to be competitive with other CV Captains at high tiers, I no longer have a choice but to use it as well since it makes surviving considerably easier.  

What's the problem you say?  Well, if you haven't played CV's and tried to hit an opposing ship or CV that rides the line, then you don't have input. 

Because of the line, you have to drop your torpedoes far far away, giving ships plenty of time to turn.  If they are on the line, then half of their ship is unhittable already, a simple pivot and they give you a narrow hit zone as soon as you drop.  And please don't say you can just reposition your planes, because at high tiers, that just gets your planes chewed up. 

I don't like line riding.  I do not for the life of me understand why WG has never really addressed the problem.

But I am going to do it, just like everyone else because I'm not going to be easier to kill on purpose.  I'll do what all of you do. 

I am officially now a line rider.  I sure hope WG does something to stop it once and for all. 

• Cool 6

Members
302 posts
3,882 battles

I have not gotten into the high tiers quite yet, but i have already noticed many issues from the border of the map. I cant say i look forward to experiencing this one. :(

Members
1,817 posts
9,035 battles

It's just ridiculous and hilarious that WG said they fixed aiming system for wall riding but didn't actually fix for CVs

TBs still cant torp close to line without going out of map

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,610 posts
7,430 battles

I'll add you to the list of known offenders then :(

Alpha Tester
1,178 posts
4,895 battles

You werent around in alpha when it made your ship move faster.That got fixed really quick.

[MFED]
Beta Testers
25 posts
7,033 battles

Easy fix would be add a timer for time spent on the line.  Grace period of X seconds/hour.

After a certain amount of time spent on there, incoming damage recieved is 2X, 3X, 5X, 10X, 20X.

Thatl stop it cold.  

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Alpha Tester
319 posts
17,965 battles

Add it in bold letters please.  Sorry, I refuse to play at a disadvantage.

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Alpha Tester
319 posts
17,965 battles

And since it doesn't seem to be illegal or even frowned upon by WG....go ahead and add me multiple times over.
  • Cool 1

Members
701 posts
3,457 battles

Easy fix would be add a timer for time spent on the line.  Grace period of X seconds/hour.

After a certain amount of time spent on there, incoming damage recieved is 2X, 3X, 5X, 10X, 20X.

Thatl stop it cold.  

thats not a good fix.... ive been in a situation where i was in a dd vs another dd... one on one fight close to the edge... i hit him with torps he exploded soon after firing his guns... taking out my rudder, repair already being used i had choice but to wall ride until i came to a full stop and could reverse.... your fix would have killed me

[MFED]
Beta Testers
25 posts
7,033 battles

thats not a good fix.... ive been in a situation where i was in a dd vs another dd... one on one fight close to the edge... i hit him with torps he exploded soon after firing his guns... taking out my rudder, repair already being used i had choice but to wall ride until i came to a full stop and could reverse.... your fix would have killed me

Who said the grace period had to be less than 1 repair cool-down in an hour?

Also anecdote is worthless, things happen on occasion, doesn't mean they happen to any frequency worth balancing about ;D

We're talking about folks who pull this stuff deliberately for extended periods of time.  Its easy to find a point which doesn't penalize incidental happenings, and makes it so habitual abusers feel some pain.  

Beta Testers
611 posts
2,887 battles

Ships have had disastrous consequences for loosing their steering before, why not now? 

Beta Testers
612 posts

I don't like it, but to be competitive with other CV Captains at high tiers, I no longer have a choice but to use it as well since it makes surviving considerably easier.

What's the problem you say?  Well, if you haven't played CV's and tried to hit an opposing ship or CV that rides the line, then you don't have input.

Because of the line, you have to drop your torpedoes far far away, giving ships plenty of time to turn.  If they are on the line, then half of their ship is unhittable already, a simple pivot and they give you a narrow hit zone as soon as you drop.  And please don't say you can just reposition your planes, because at high tiers, that just gets your planes chewed up.

I don't like line riding.  I do not for the life of me understand why WG has never really addressed the problem.

But I am going to do it, just like everyone else because I'm not going to be easier to kill on purpose.  I'll do what all of you do.

I am officially now a line rider.  I sure hope WG does something to stop it once and for all.

then ur 1 more easy kill if I find you. so many little ones QQn over this line thing when all they have to do is take a little time and learn where to aim. I did and I love catching any one on that line. its a cha ching time for me

[-WTP-]
Alpha Tester
834 posts
9,228 battles

then ur 1 more easy kill if I find you. so many little ones QQn over this line thing when all they have to do is take a little time and learn where to aim. I did and I love catching any one on that line. its a cha ching time for me

You are thinking with shell fire. For a CV v CV it's a huge advantage because-

1- You can pivot on the line, allowing much faster turns to move your whale of a ship out of a TB's path

2- It is very difficult to drop torps from TBs outside of the boundary

So yea, when playing CV v CV, line riding is a definite advantage.

• Cool 2

[BS]
Alpha Tester
586 posts
1,053 battles

You don't even play CVs :izmena: A total of 13 games between tiers 4 and 5 USN CVs.
  • Cool 1

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,478 battles

Team said to hold the line.

This is not what they meant!

[BS]
Alpha Tester
586 posts
1,053 battles

Team said to hold the line.

This is not what they meant!

He who owns the line owns the game.

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
511 posts
5,048 battles

Thanks for admitting that you are bad and need a crutch just like all the other " tactical elite line riders" that think this is a proper tactic and that there's nothing wrong with doing it...

Sorry, but if you ride the border, you are bad. It's as simple as that. And for everyone trying to justify line riding AS A TACTIC, you are even worse. When line riding is fixed, you guys will probably complain saying that IT'S A NERF! Can't wait until that day comes around to see all the QQs.

Beta Testers
659 posts
3,518 battles

Thanks for admitting that you are bad and need a crutch just like all the other " tactical elite line riders" that think this is a proper tactic and that there's nothing wrong with doing it...

Sorry, but if you ride the border, you are bad. It's as simple as that. And for everyone trying to justify line riding AS A TACTIC, you are even worse. When line riding is fixed, you guys will probably complain saying that IT'S A NERF! Can't wait until that day comes around to see all the QQs.

He is not saying he is bad, he just doesn't want to be in a disadvantage, but I guess you are too retarded too comprehend what he writes 

• Cool 4

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Alpha Tester
319 posts
17,965 battles

I am still trying to find a logical argument in your post.  Line riding is utter crap, we both agree on that.  However, since a CV is basically untouchable by another CV, choosing to play in the open sea makes no sense at all.  I mean, why would anyone do that?  Honor?  Lack of skill? 

If you define "lack of skill" as "knowing a feature (can't call it an exploit because it continues to exist.) that enables you to live longer and remain nearly invincible to other CV Captains, and choosing to do something different." 

Yes, I am very unskilled Myers.  Thanks for your input.  Hope we play against each other soon :-)  Pssst...I'll be on the line. 

Edited by AdamasWrath

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
511 posts
5,048 battles

You guys clearly lack brain cells if you can't understand my post. My point is if you, or ANYONE ELSE has to line ride to win or survive, you severely lack skill. Playing at a disadvantage? You already play the easiest to play, hardest to engage ship. What more buffers do you need? Why don't you just enable god mode or something, then maybe things will be even in your eyes.

The people you are referring to in your OP are just as bad, I'm not ignoring them. My post refers to them as well. It's simple, if you line ride, you are a bad player. Enough said, there's no argument against it. Border scumming is the worst thing you can do currently in this game, and anyone who uses this "tactic" deserves to be shamed.

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Alpha Tester
319 posts
17,965 battles

You have zero battles in a CV.  Enough said. 

• Cool 2

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,293 posts
12,478 battles

Maybe he rode the line so hard that he broke through and exited the game itself. :child:

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

This is still a thing? People have been complaining about border abuse for ages :/ 

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
511 posts
5,048 battles

*Sigh* I've already went over this several times with people making that accusation. You see the beta tags next to my name? That means I had access to CBT. I had plenty of CV experience during beta, and I found it so simplistically boring and easy, that I have no intentions on wasting my time grinding CVs in release. If that is your only argument, then, *yawn* NEXT!

Beta Testers
197 posts
2,021 battles

You always have a choice.