You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Umikaze - It is wicked good

15 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,142 posts
14,160 battles

During OBT I was sailing a South Carolina in an Islands map tier 3 match. I was giving suggestions to teams mates in how to play the map. One of my team mates ask if I was an Alpha, and I told him I was. He then responded I was seal clubbing the enemy. I then told him if I wanted to seal club at this tier I would do so in a DD.

Then I saw Red_Raven_168 thread here on the Umikaze and I begin to wonder how I can do in really playing the ship and not just grind through it.

So I went back to the ship with a new crew and played it. For this match I fired 64 torpedoes. Not all hit of course.The enemy ignored me for the most part and kept on shooting at my team mate's cruisers. I was about to get the six'th kill, however my torpedeos were not fast enough.

This is what I got from the match.

Personal Score

Umikaze_shot-15.09.25_20.52.16-0246.jpg

Team Score

Umikaze_shot-15.09.25_20.52.24-0366.jpg

Detail Reports - Credits

Umikaze_shot-15.09.25_20.52.44-0692.jpg

This is a very deadly ship. And the great part about this is that everyone can drive this ship in matches. You can make credits and glory with this ship.

Edit: Forgot to add Red_Raven's thread link.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,947 posts
4,287 battles

I tend to use one to knock out the "Get x torpedo hits in one game" missions

Alpha Tester
5,501 posts
2,625 battles

During OBT I was sailing a South Carolina in an Islands map tier 3 match. I was giving suggestions to teams mates in how to play the map. One of my team mates ask if I was an Alpha, and I told him I was. He then responded I was seal clubbing the enemy. I then told him if I wanted to seal club at this tier I would do so in a DD.

Then I saw Red_Raven_168 thread here on the Umikaze and I begin to wonder how I can do in really playing the ship and not just grind through it.

So I went back to the ship with a new crew and played it. For this match I fired 64 torpedoes. Not all hit of course.The enemy ignored me for the most part and kept on shooting at my team mate's cruisers. I was about to get the six'th kill, however my torpedeos were not fast enough.

This is what I got from the match.

Personal Score

Umikaze_shot-15.09.25_20.52.16-0246.jpg

Team Score

Umikaze_shot-15.09.25_20.52.24-0366.jpg

Detail Reports - Credits

Umikaze_shot-15.09.25_20.52.44-0692.jpg

This is a very deadly ship. And the great part about this is that everyone can drive this ship in matches. You can make credits and glory with this ship.

Edit: Forgot to add Red_Raven's thread link.

Best torpedus this side of the Minekaze.

[INTEL]
Members
9,266 posts
26,933 battles

Umikaze is a blast, but one thing I noticed is that you don't have any shell hits. You might think about shooting more, because it kills ships too. 

WVfDFaJ.png

Note the incapacitations and fires, both of which annoyed and meaningfully harmed my opponents. Those six base defenses were all shell hits, not torps, and they give good XP too. That's an unusually good day, but I often have over 20 hits and several fires, with attendant damage and annoyance. You can kill BBs with your guns, easily, with fire and shell damage.

Remember that when you're reloading torps, you have guns. Use'em. Other DDs will ignore their guns too -- you'll watch increduously as you land shell after shell while they wait to reload their torps -- meaning that you can chew out enough of their health that when your one lucky torp hits them, it kills them.  

Taichunger

Edited by Taichunger

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,347 posts
15,832 battles

Umikaze is my workhorse in knocking out the torpedo dailies.  She's a Certified Seal Club made out of Adamantium :B

Her reloads are short and have good range at 8km.  You can have the waters with tons of your torpedoes.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CUTIE]
Members
1,529 posts
6,560 battles

I just had a 16 torp hit game with my Umikaze last night.  I thought I was special. :(

[TCAL]
Members
1,022 posts
9,517 battles

I had a team mate today with a Umikaze who had his torp reload time down to 13 seconds! When I'm conning my Hatsuharu, which has 15 km torps, I rarely fire its guns as it gives away my location.

Edited by DarthDon49

[ZNAVY]
[ZNAVY]
Members
254 posts
7,265 battles

All of Tier II is meta.   Whether it's the Umikaze, and it's lazer-beam guns with >70m dispersion (in the running for most accurate in the game), or the fully upgraded Chester with it's crazy-fast firing array of secondaries.  Now add to that: the Sampson, Albany, Tachibana, Chikuma, Diana, Dresden, Mikasa, and Storozhevoi.  Easily one of the most interesting and diverse tiers in the entire game.  It has ships that suit almost every style of game-play...if you can get your hands on some of them, that is.  I wish more people played and honed their skills at this tier before moving on.  With new ships coming in, and hopefully an increased availability of premium ships, this tier will see more action in the future.

p.s.:  I can't wait for the tier II CVs' to make an appearance in open game.....make use of all those tier I & II AA batteries, finally.

Beta Testers
106 posts
1,341 battles

Umikaze is my workhorse in knocking out the torpedo dailies.  She's a Certified Seal Club made out of Adamantium :B

Her reloads are short and have good range at 8km.  You can have the waters with tons of your torpedoes.

My Umi has 10KM torps due to Captain skills.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,529 posts
6,560 battles

I just had a 16 torp hit game with my Umikaze last night.  I thought I was special. :(

I broke my record:

8e9baae7-719e-454f-b348-52ee171e893d.png

Actually a pretty good game that came down to me against 2 battleships and a crippled St. Louis, with no way to win on points.  Got the last kill with about 15 seconds left on the clock. :B

[THC-]
Members
1 post
1,993 battles

When I started playing this boat I didn't realize the torpedoes can go 8km!  They're slow, but it's a fun surprise when I've completely forgotten about a torpedo then it finds a target..