Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy_Thoughts

So I found out what patch 0.5.0 was all about

31 comments in this topic

[CONQR]
Beta Testers
895 posts
13,174 battles

It changed the login screen animation

Now it shows a bunch of battleships getting wrecked by destroyers, then a carrier pretty much soloing them (with strafeing (which was kinda weird since we still can't do that) and a dive bomber)

Very representative of how the game is ._.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

The chat server is still not working in main screen and we go live tomorrow?

Off Topic and Problems/Discussion works. Nothing isn't working.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Both are from the "Join Open Beta" the WoWS YouTube channel has. The earlier one was in the beginning parts of the video, the one now is from the later parts.

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

Depending on your login you can see clips from different parts of the paper-rock-scissors animation.  The original sequence of the Nagato owning a Cleveland then being taken out by Fletchers and a Gearing was replaced for me with an Ibuki taking on same said destroyers with the help of A6M Zeroes and D3A Dive Bombers.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

It changed the login screen animation

Now it shows a bunch of battleships getting wrecked by destroyers, then a carrier pretty much soloing them (with strafeing (which was kinda weird since we still can't do that) and a dive bomber)

Very representative of how the game is ._.

the login video is base off this video

if you want the full video as a video login mod, you can go to my mod thread and download it

Video sample below

• Cool 1

[RAZGZ]
Beta Testers
212 posts
11,776 battles

It's not a Cleveland at the start its a baltimore with the hull number 68 on the side.

Alpha Tester
1,907 posts
12,498 battles

Congratulations WG,,, patch 5.0 just one day before release and now the game lags constantly.     My lag indicator never shuts off, and the ships jump forward and back, wont stay locked on.       How can you screw things up this bad just a day before we launch?       Stop screwing with things that don't need fixing... we don't need another fancy log in screen,,,, address your server lag!!     I cant even play the game now since 0.5.0 .    Your doing the same thing you did with wowp , every patch just gets worse and worse.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Congratulations WG,,, patch 5.0 just one day before release and now the game lags constantly.     My lag indicator never shuts off, and the ships jump forward and back, wont stay locked on.       How can you screw things up this bad just a day before we launch?       Stop screwing with things that don't need fixing... we don't need another fancy log in screen,,,, address your server lag!!     I cant even play the game now since 0.5.0 .    Your doing the same thing you did with wowp , every patch just gets worse and worse.

Unless many people are having problems, I would say its probably something up with your computer. Post in troubleshooting with system specs and logs etc. 

Members
191 posts
5,612 battles

Someone in game was also complaining about massive lag after the last minor patch, but neither Little Pone or I were seeing that so while I am sure it is affecting some it is not universal. 

Members
26 posts
1,010 battles

I actually loved how they tried to make it seem the DBs were actually useful, or that it even did decent damage in that video... :sceptic:

Edited by Thzp
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

I actually loved how they tried to make it seem the DBs were actually useful, or that it even did decent damage in that video... :sceptic:

Ive seen DBs used to great effect. But only as a finishing blow. Only thing a DB can kill outright is a DD, and only if it gets a direct hit, which is very rare. 

Alpha Tester
1,907 posts
12,498 battles

Unless many people are having problems, I would say its probably something up with your computer. Post in troubleshooting with system specs and logs etc. 

There are alot of pple saying the same thing in chat during game.          The problem is not with my computer, its with the 0.5.0 patch.        Funny the game was fine up untill it updated and now its constant lag.       FPS is still 65-70 but shots are not firing, ships are jumping , controls are not responding to commands.       Shooting at a ship when my guns finally do fire the ship will either jump ahead of my shots or they will hit and register no damage at all.        

Dive bombers are back to flying through my ship into the water,     My ship freezes, while all ships, torpedoes planes around me keep moving.        

I have talked to several pple in game and they are all experiencing the same effects after this latest patch.                       

If they try to go live with this patch it is not going to go over well.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Ive seen DBs used to great effect. But only as a finishing blow. Only thing a DB can kill outright is a DD, and only if it gets a direct hit, which is very rare. 

I had my full HP Omaha detonated by a DB ;_;

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles

US dive bombers are scarry, at least the tiers i play. Wish i had twice the defensive fires to use

[SNS]
Members
148 posts
6,055 battles

I did get some lag, sporadic but it was there.  Same as stated above....guns not firing, planes going under water, FPS seems good but my ship stutters moving through the water.

I do have a question though....has anyone fired a salvo at an enemy who goes out of LoS before the shots hit.....you register some hits but no damage indicator floats up to show your damage?  I have a damage counter  from Aslain's and that doesn't register the damage eiether.

[STW-A]
Members
4 posts
5,252 battles

I have gotten nothing but lag since the patch yesterday, and as of 5.0......... I am seeing my pings averaging around 1400ms. As soon as I die, the drop to 35ms while occasionally spiking to 110ms. I have no addons and nothing running in the background. Only explanation is 5.0 patch messed stuff up.

[RAZGZ]
Beta Testers
814 posts
14,932 battles

Both are from the "Join Open Beta" the WoWS YouTube channel has. The earlier one was in the beginning parts of the video, the one now is from the later parts.

Where can you get that signature?

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

These intro videos always show US ships getting absolutely screwed, and always seems to cut away before anything happens to any Japanese ship.

0 posts

the login video is base off this video

if you want the full video as a video login mod, you can go to my mod thread and download it

Video sample below

I should get that mod...I really did like both animations. 

Members
750 posts
1,271 battles

I did get some lag, sporadic but it was there.  Same as stated above....guns not firing, planes going under water, FPS seems good but my ship stutters moving through the water.

I do have a question though....has anyone fired a salvo at an enemy who goes out of LoS before the shots hit.....you register some hits but no damage indicator floats up to show your damage?  I have a damage counter  from Aslain's and that doesn't register the damage eiether.

If the the mod DID tell you the damage you did to an invisible target it would be illegal. It would be giving you information that you would otherwise not have any way of figuring out with the information you get from an un-modded client. 

Beta Testers
1,753 posts
3,028 battles

Where can you get that signature?

The stat sig is available here. Just login and it is on your stat page. 

BTW, the folks running that site are giving away Tirptz/Atago/Diana codes in a contest today; all you have to do is login and click on the entry button at the top of your stat page. 

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

You hit, but did no damage.

Sign in to follow this