You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xtcmax

Hatsuharu questions

16 comments in this topic

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts

Howdy.

My grind on Mitsuki is over and I can afford to buy Hatsuharu. I wonder how is the ship? Can I get some feedback from the people who sailed her? Is it in any way better than Mitsuki?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,845 posts
24,469 battles

God I hope so, 28k away from selling pos.

Edited by dEsTurbed1

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts

I am sailing Mutsuki and she is not that bad, i even use my guns on big ships to troll them once in a while :)

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,808 posts
38,313 battles

I'm currently on Mutsuki and she is not that bad. Not Minekaze, and with a long reload but not bad.

I'm interested on this thread too.

Beta Testers
39 posts
953 battles

It's basically the same but with more health and more cannons.

Still same torpedo range, and same 3x2 10km torpedo launchers.

[ARPGT]
[ARPGT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,400 posts
4,782 battles

Howdy.

My grind on Mitsuki is over and I can afford to buy Hatsuharu. I wonder how is the ship? Can I get some feedback from the people who sailed her? Is it in any way better than Mitsuki?

Hatsuharu was my favorite Destroyer back in CBT. I absolutely loved her and everything she stood for. She's actually more sturdy than Mutsuki, and loses Mutsuki's speed. But at the tier you play, you won't really be needing it that much, as battles become more long ranged, and long ranged torps become a necessity, being overly fast isn't. You have better guns, and also more durability. But thats about it, she pretty much plays the same as Mutsuki, except instead of just 2 guns in 2 turrets, you now have 4 guns in 2 turrets. (2x2 instead of 1x2)

~Hunter

Members
1,054 posts
11,054 battles

Hatsuharu was my favorite Destroyer back in CBT. I absolutely loved her and everything she stood for. She's actually more sturdy than Mutsuki, and loses Mutsuki's speed. But at the tier you play, you won't really be needing it that much, as battles become more long ranged, and long ranged torps become a necessity, being overly fast isn't. You have better guns, and also more durability. But thats about it, she pretty much plays the same as Mutsuki, except instead of just 2 guns in 2 turrets, you now have 4 guns in 2 turrets. (2x2 instead of 1x2)

~Hunter

The  Hat is a better ship than the Mut.

If you could tolerate the Mut, you will enjoy the Hat.

The Hat has better and faster guns  I even one shotted enemy DDs on rare occasion with the Hat..  Much to my and the other DDs surprise.

Just dont have false expecations about the IJN DD line.  The old Minikaze days are gone forever.

Members
62 posts
2,490 battles

I got a Fubuki atm, so I've played some games in the Hatsuharu and Mutsuki.

The Hatsuharu is very similar to the Mutsuki in terms of torpedo gameplay. You are just slightly slower and you turn more widely so be a bit more careful when you go for a close range torp run. However you guns are much, much better than the Mutsuki. Your guns turn faster and I think you have more guns in total.

Use this to your advantage and start firing your guns at any enemy destroyers who detect you and if you are unable to immediately escape. In addition, whenever you see a lonely Mutsuki or Minekaze, go aggressive and make a beeline towards them. Fire all your guns and make their life a living hell. 

[SYN]
Members
15,994 posts
12,803 battles

The guns on Hatsuharu get permanently knocked out so often, it's hilarious.

Engine boost on this ship is a big joke that is only useful at the beginning to get a cap.

Torps are a VERY minor upgrade over Mutsuki.

The AA actually feels worse.

Turn radius is ridiculously large.

Even less stealth.

You get thrown into higher tier matches.

Absolutely garbage for lane control.

Engine does get you to top speed a bit quicker.

Slightly more health, which means 1 extra shell you can survive.

It plays better with the USN type play of ambushing around islands.

Edited by MrDeaf

Members
50 posts
2,111 battles

Good news:

The guns are a dramatic step up. 

More times than not I get more kills with my guns than my Torpedo.

Bad News:

if you hated the Mutsuki then the Hatsuharu isn't much better.  There is a reason you get kills with your guns, the torpedos require a monumental lapse in judgement on the enemies part to even come close to getting hit by one.  It is quite possibly the longest grind to date and I would totally Free XP it, if the Fubuki was a major step up.

But those guns are nice.  Allows you to hang with other DD's even USN DD's provided you have all your guns ready to go.

[SYN]
Members
15,994 posts
12,803 battles

I just had my best game, to date, in my Hatsuharu. I don't think I'll ever see a repeat of such a feat, because my enemies were just bad players.

1. Detonated Nicholas with my guns at close range. Oddly enough he never fired back, except with his torps.

2. Spotted and damaged a Minekaze, letting a teammate finish him off.

3. Torped a near full health New Mexico that was sailing in a straight line

4. Torped a Cleveland that was sailing in a straight line

5. Collected a low health Minekaze in the same salvo as the Cleveland. Not that he would have survived such a hit, but

6. Torped a near full health Fuso that was sailing in a straight line

7. Shot at a Colorado that was near death. Sent torps, just in case.

8. Torped a near full health Pensacola that was sailing in a straight line.

VzQn3T.jpg

cx5PaH.jpg

MWRWxu.jpg

QSNO3H.jpg

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,590 posts
31,537 battles

Damn fine game there, MrDeaf.  Even if it seems to have been against a bunch of noobs (driving straight, not avoiding torps, etc.).

Members
1,245 posts
5 battles

Beginning from Hatsuharu, your IJN DD playstyle will change from a solo ninja ship to a support ship. Your torpedoes aren't very good for their tier (too few, long reload and big detection) but your guns improve. Your less stealthy, less maneuverable and much bigger. Try to support your team instead of hunting battleships early game. When the enemy ranks thin out, find lone or occupied targets and engage with torps and guns. If you have the seconds row captain skill that increases turret rotation then you can become good anti-DD ship, works best if you team with an American destroyer or even another Hatsuharu.

Just remember, you have guns now. Use them wisely, hit and run but don't confront 1-on-1 with them.Torpedoes alone won't be enough to get a good game.

Members
1,245 posts
5 battles

I just had my best game, to date, in my Hatsuharu. I don't think I'll ever see a repeat of such a feat, because my enemies were just bad players.

1. Detonated Nicholas with my guns at close range. Oddly enough he never fired back, except with his torps.

2. Spotted and damaged a Minekaze, letting a teammate finish him off.

3. Torped a near full health New Mexico that was sailing in a straight line

4. Torped a Cleveland that was sailing in a straight line

5. Collected a low health Minekaze in the same salvo as the Cleveland. Not that he would have survived such a hit, but

6. Torped a near full health Fuso that was sailing in a straight line

7. Shot at a Colorado that was near death. Sent torps, just in case.

8. Torped a near full health Pensacola that was sailing in a straight line.

VzQn3T.jpg

cx5PaH.jpg

MWRWxu.jpg

QSNO3H.jpg

I like your example, it shows us 2 things:

1. you can actually do decent damage with your guns.. 20k HE is nothing to little for a destroyer.. remember damage is money.

2. you can rely on your torpedo damage. You had an impressive torpedo damage but you said it was mostly against ships that sailed in straight lines. As you go up the tiers you'll find less and less of those players. So using guns n combination with the torps is important.