Sovets_sovets_

USS Enterprise CV-6 Premium ship.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Enterprise   347 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Enterprise be in the gift shop and in game store for gold?

• Yes
    • No
    • When other naveys are added.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

70 posts in this topic

The idea of a premium carrier is a great of course and the balance has to be perfect to slot into the game .

However I think more consideration should be given to some other nation like maybe bring the Graf Zeppelin back to life as a premium Germany aircraft carrier :popcorn:

My grandfather served on the Enterprise. It would be nice to see her in game.

Cool. My grandpa was in Korea. My other would have gone but there was last minute confusion. 

I definitely would love to see The Grey Ghost sail against the IJN once more, that and I really love both Enterprise carriers.

I think all her sailors would love that it was a shame they scraped her. (WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!)

Sorry guys, I'm going to say no to this, two reasons why I would say no as a Premium ship. One, its going to be like the Bismarck/Tirpitz situation, because Everybody wanted the Bismarck, it would mean that so many people would by the Bismarck that wargaming would not only make a lot of money on it, it would also mean it would be like the Type 59 flood in World of tanks we don't want a flood of USS Enterprises in the Queue which would stress the Matchmaking. Two would be the problem of implementing of Premium carriers, because the last things that I want to see from a CV carrier player's Perspective is that if a new player who just only 50 battles or less, the issue with the premium aircraft carriers is that there is always some new player that is either impatient on the tier grinding and wants to be a top level now, or just plays premium ships for their first games and that's what Wargaming wants to avoid. I rather see the Uss Yorktown be the tier 8 premium ship instead of the Enterprise because I'm more worried about the flood of Enterprises in the battle Queue. However, if you guys do see the Big E in the premium shop and ingame shop then I may as well buy it. My main guess on our first premium carrier would be the Saipan at either 5 or 6 in the American tech tree. I know though that the Yorktown class aircraft carrier should be in the second US carrier line.

Here in Charleston SC we have the U.S.S. YORKTOWN as a museum ship in our Harbor.

that Yorktown is the Essex-class one

Although Wikipedia gets the most info right It only takes one guy to edit so that its incorrect. 

Would you believe the US Navy?

http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CV41.htm

http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CV42.htm

http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CV43.htm

http://www.hazegray.org/danfs/carriers/cvb41.htm

http://www.hazegray.org/danfs/carriers/cvb42.htm

http://www.hazegray.org/danfs/carriers/cvb43.htm

And for the record, Midway was Midway Magic, FDR was Filthy Dirty Rusty and Coral Sea was Ageless Warrior.

At one time or another all 3 of the class served in the Pacific Fleet.  In the 1980's Coral Sea (CV 43) transferred to the Atlantic Fleet and was based here in Norfolk Virginia.  She was the first carrier to deploy with an all F/A-18 air wing and towards the end of her service life was "hogged" (hull twisted) to the point where her flightdeck was higher amidships than at either end.  In smooth seas planes could launch traveling downhill and land uphill.  Not kidding, the twist was easily seen from the plane guard destroyer position following her (that was me for a while.)

Midway (CV-41) has been preserved as a museum ship in San Diego California.  Frankin Roosevelt (CV-42) and Coral Sea (CV-43) have been recycled (scrapped.)

that Yorktown is the Essex-class one

And for the record the Essex class carrier Hornet (CV-12) is a museum ship berthed in Alameda California and Lexington (CV-16) is berthed in Corpus Christi Texas.

The carrier Saratoga (CV-60) has been scrapped in Brownsville Texas as has Ranger (CV-61,) and Enterprise (CVN-65) is dry docked in Newport News Virginia, the same dock where she was born in 1960,  being "defueled" and partially dismantled prior to being towed to Bremerton Washington later this year where her reactors will be removed and scrapping completed.  There was no question of preserving Enterprise as a museum due to the continuing hazard of radioactive contamination presented by her (now ancient and thoroughly radioactive) reactors.  Removal of the reactors and associated contaminated structure will so weaken the remaining hull that "shoring it up" would cost far more than any preservation society could ever hope to cover.

If it's any consolation to fans of Enterprise, her eight reactors will be stored away in Hannaford Washington until the radiation decays to safe levels ... about 10 to 50 thousand years.

The last ship I want to cover here is Langley (CVL-27,) an Independence class light carrier.  Decommissioned by the USN after WWII she served with the French Navy for roughly 10 years and then was returned to the US in 1963.  She was scrapped in Baltimore Maryland in 1964

I think that pretty much covers the remaining ship names associated with pre-World War II USN carriers.

Edited by CAPT_Rob

Needs to be a prem ship asap for those that are sick of the atlanta's playstyle 

I want to play CVN-68.

Simmilarly, I would like to play the other USS Enterprise CVN-65. Both of these are unlikely though, so I would be happy if they just put in the WW2 Enterprise, premium or not.

I just wanted to say thanks for all off you comments. And now my favorite American Warship (Sorry USS Constitution)  USS Enterprise I coming I feel like maybe just maybe we helped wargaming make that decision. Many thanks.