Sovets_sovets_

USS Enterprise CV-6 Premium ship.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

Enterprise   347 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Enterprise be in the gift shop and in game store for gold?

• Yes
    • No
    • When other naveys are added.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

70 posts in this topic

Don't feel sad about the ultimate fate of the Enterprise. Her crew was trained and equipped to defend the nation. The Enterprise was built and fitted to defend the nation. Both ship and crew served with great courage. When it was all over both ship and crew returned to civilian life. The story of the Grey Ghost mirrored her crew's story.

I'm a little salty about what eventually became of Saratoga, that ship fought through the entire Pacific War as well, only to be sunk as nuclear target fodder. She deserved more than that.:(

I'd LOVE to see the Enterprise in the game.  Look at my avatar for cripes sake lol. I also know that there's a limit to how much I'll pay for any premium ship in any game.  Tirpitz for example is not likely to populate my layout anytime soon at $70 US dollars.  I sincerely doubt that I'd pay more than $50 for a ship of any kind.  Hell that's close to the price of 6 months of premium time. 

They are putting the Warspite back in? I know they removed it from store, and I started the game after those dates...

I don't know if they are putting it back in or not but it was in and i imagine that wargaming will do a normal move and put it back in on a later date.

Dont worry The Enterprise will be a Premium ship.  Its why the Yorktown class was "skipped" in the US carrier line.

John

The USS Enterprise was a Yorktown class aircraft carrier by the end of the war she was the only Yorktown class left as the Yorktown and Horrent both sunk in 1942. The Enterprise did get a refit With more AA and other features. (If you want to learn more go and watch "Battle 360, USS Enterprise" ep.6 The Enterprise was the most decorated ship of the war. She was so famous that she was almost turned into a museum but they did not get enough money and she was scraped in the 50s. (Which I was so mad at when I herd that I want on about it for days and still have not come to gripes with it.) But she would make a good Premium ship at tier 7 or 8 I say in the $25-$35 range. And It would be nice to have more than 1 brace of carrier line for the US navy. What do you think, tell me in the polls and War Gaming please tell me if you plan to do this in the comments. :)   

I heard that the enterprise was called the "GREY GHOST" back in the day. :honoring:

If I'm not mistakin, there was no midway carrier, that was the name of a battle where their was the USS Yorktown, USS Enterprise, and  USS hornet, why do you have a carrier named Midway? Just curious

If I'm not mistakin, there was no midway carrier, that was the name of a battle where their was the USS Yorktown, USS Enterprise, and  USS hornet, why do you have a carrier named Midway? Just curious

Yes, there was the USS Midway.

I want to play CVN-68.

Wait a couple years, Armored Warships will be out by then.

Yes, there was the USS Midway.

See is Coral Sea class.

But you are mistaken... a mistake that could have been avoided with a quick search of Wikipedia, among other places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway-class_aircraft_carrier

Omg yes, I need that, It will suit me well since my Ship girl is Enterprise :c

Can you please explain to me the "ship girl" thing? I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is.

Can you please explain to me the "ship girl" thing? I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is.

Its an anime thing with an assortment of games and mangas

i.e. Kancolle, Kantai collection

aka Fleet girls

"The physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real-life vessel  of the WW2 genre."

So Ive read.

Its an anime thing with an assortment of games and mangas

i.e. Kancolle, Kantai collection

aka Fleet girls

"The physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real-life vessel  of the WW2 genre."

So Ive read.

But how are they deciding what their girl is. I'm fully aware of the anime and love it, but idk how they are deciding that...

But how are they deciding what their girl is. I'm fully aware of the anime and love it, but idk how they are deciding that...

I no expert on the topic.

My understanding is there are some online games (to include browser games) and board games and card  based games on the concept.

Certain girls are pre- associated with  WW2 ship/class.  That is sort of predefined  (the actual girl who is associated by the games and to include ship cards).

Then since this is WoS  and not a real part of the Kantai  girl universe.  There is also creative free license and personal preference that can be implimented.

Now the USN WW2 ships are from the  Pacific Fleet Girls Collection.

enterprise0a_zpsb215037f.jpg

Edited by StrikeTalon

I belong to a Clan that is pretty big on the Kentai collection and I have no bloody idea what they see in it. Just a bunch of girls with revealing clothing shooting demons is all I see. But to each his own I suppose :hiding:

I belong to a Clan that is pretty big on the Kentai collection and I have no bloody idea what they see in it. Just a bunch of girls with revealing clothing shooting demons is all I see. But to each his own I suppose :hiding:

Im not into the Collection myself.

What I did find interesting was the accurate historical association with real ships and campaigns  (to include armaments/tonnage displacement etc).  Even the ships history and notable accomplishments get worked into the girls persona and fighting ability.

Somehow they managed to successfully repackage  WW2 Naval History  and made it fun for the younger generation.  To include raw ship data and battles fought.  Even the girls dialogue is influenced by what happened to the real ship.

Im not into the Collection myself.

What I did find interesting was the accurate historical association with real ships and campaigns  (to include armaments/tonnage displacement etc).  Even the ships history and notable accomplishments get worked into the girls persona and fighting ability.

Somehow they managed to successfully repackage  WW2 Naval History  and made it fun for the younger generation.  To include raw ship data and battles fought.  Even the girls dialogue is influenced by what happened to the real ship.

I also been told that the American fleet is represented by the demons and some how WW2 style ships are better than a Modern Navy. A Nimitz can be beat by a Japanese Carrier over 70 years old represented by a Girl  :amazed:  Edited by FallenZulu

Here in Charleston SC we have the U.S.S. YORKTOWN as a museum ship in our Harbor.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that.

A Yorktown was sunk, but there was still a Yorktown at the end of the war.

I believe another CV was renamed to keep the Yorktown legend alive.