You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nuk_

Shortest Matches

16 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

I just had probably my shortest game ever, and I was wondering what the shortest games others had experienced were.

BJ44GGe.png

4 minutes and 24 seconds. We killed a good amount of their ships before anyone started cap without losing any of our own, so we just got them down to zero.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

My shortest match was a Hotspot Domination game. We steamrolled them in 7 minutes. Another Hotspot Domination match was 11 minutes. 

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Is that windows 10, or 8.1?

It's 8.1, I don't like Windows 10 that much.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

Is that windows 10, or 8.1?

I think 8.1

it has to be.

It's 8.1, I don't like Windows 10 that much.

Definitely 8.1, it has Internet Explorer instead of Microsoft Edge. 10 is a definite step up from 8.1 and realistically is actually 8.2 as the changes are evolutionary with the biggest changes being the removal of the most disliked aspects of 8.0.

Windows 7 best OS.

I would say that XP was the best for overall performance and reliability.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Definitely 8.1, it has Internet Explorer instead of Microsoft Edge. 10 is a definite step up from 8.1 and realistically is actually 8.2 as the changes are evolutionary with the biggest changes being the removal of the most disliked aspects of 8.0.

I would say that XP was the best for overall performance and reliability.

For a minute there I thought you were a M$ representative lol

"Windows 10 is the best! Buy now! Way better than anything else ever!"

Beta Testers
498 posts
35,169 battles

I do see your point,, but the way I see it is some theaters are to small and as soon as the battle starts your in the thick of things.. haha.. I like to preplan my attacks or plan my defense pick my targets and not let them pick me . but it doesn't work out that way all the time does it .. thanks for letting me post my view ill see you guys on the high sea.

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles

My first match in my Aoba lasted 4 minutes and change, Domination, lost 2 DD 1 CA and BB IIRC went negative game over.  The number of ships may be off by one but the other team lost 1 less ship than us.  Let's hear it for the YOLO players for the loss!

Members
555 posts
11,596 battles

adding DX 12 was the only thing they needed to do to have every gamer to update.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

adding DX 12 was the only thing they needed to do to have every gamer to update.

Someone would have to make a game worth playing that requires it first, considering gaming as a whole has been on the decline for longer than a decade now that's hugely unlikely for at least several years. Never mind the privacy concerns or compatibility issues with actual good older games...
Edited by Tekina_

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

One thing MS did completely right was the 30 day option to roll back to your previous OS is 10 breaks a program. It doesn't have widgets like W7 but anyone coming from that will be comfortable.

Someone would have to make a game worth playing that requires it first, considering gaming as a whole has been on the decline for longer than a decade now that's hugely unlikely for at least several years. Never mind the privacy concerns or compatibility issues with actual good older games...

It will take a year or so before any program, game or otherwise will really make use of the features of DX12.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

^

This is one of the biggest reasons I haven't updated yet, nor wont for at least a year or more. I'm happy with 8.1 as it stands. And before anyone says to just try 10, I have. Yeah, it looks nice and all, but I just dont see much if any improvement over 8.1, other than it looking slightly more sleek and new. 8/

That, and since DX12 is still rather new, not really many games, if any, use it yet. Most still use DX11. The only thing I never liked about 8.1 was the stupid tablet function, which is plenty easy enough to disable.