zFireWyvern

[MOD] Wyvern's Historical Skin Workshop

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

562 posts in this topic

You're welcome! You can now restore your original camo file if you had one but you'll want to comment out the camo for Bogatyr - I wrote up a howto earlier on this page.

Your problem may have been an existing camo overlaying the skin so it may have been there but not visible. You can keep camos disabled if you want but keep in mind that most ships will just be plain rusty gray without them. You will still have their bonuses. You will have to be a lot more careful about making sure you have a camo applied -- I've accidentally gone without one before because I just can't see them. You will also not see any camo on anyone else's ship, but you'll see far-better looking ships because skinners work very hard at making ships look right.

Just you -- that way people can't put lewd stuff on the ships, plus each person can run the mix of skins that they'd like to see. Tanz and Wyvern often make different skins for the same ship, for example. They do blend pretty well because skinners do try to make their work work well with others' a good part of the time. But sometimes one skinner will choose a dazzle scheme, for example, while another will represent a ship at a different time in its life. You can choose whichever you want to see.

Also, all A-hull Bogatyrs (not just yours) will now have that skin applied, so you can actually now easily tell which hull another Bogatyr has: if it's black, it's an A. if it's not, it's a B.

Just you -- that way people can't put lewd stuff on the ships, plus each person can run the mix of skins that they'd like to see. Tanz and Wyvern often make different skins for the same ship, for example. They do blend pretty well because skinners do try to make their work work well with others' a good part of the time. But sometimes one skinner will choose a dazzle scheme, for example, while another will represent a ship at a different time in its life. You can choose whichever you want to see.

Also, all A-hull Bogatyrs (not just yours) will now have that skin applied, so you can actually now easily tell which hull another Bogatyr has: if it's black, it's an A. if it's not, it's a B.

​Awesome. Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Update 05/04/17:

• Updated Historical Naval Ensign and Signal flags for 0.6.4.1

Edit - 0327pm GMT:

I messed up, redownload flags mod now, I forgot to update something but it's fixed now.

Edited by zFireWyvern

Update 19/05/17:

• Updated Historical Naval Ensign and Signal flags for 0.6.5.0

Wyvern....update 0.6.5.1 (24/25 May) has stuffed up your 0.6.5.0 skins.

No point in doing anything until 0.6.6.0 is out.

Edited by JervisBay

Wyvern....update 0.6.5.1 (24/25 May) has stuffed up your 0.6.5.0 skins.

No point in doing anything until 0.6.6.0 is out.

I'll investigate, remember I'm on EU so updates come a day later for me, I'll try and get it fixed tonight when I get home from uni. The skins should work, just move them across, the flags probably not, at least the stuff for the res folder won't. The flags for the ships and UI should be good still unless WG added some new ones which I doubt

No worries and no hassles, mate.......just a heads-up on my part. :)

Skins are okay...I just moved them as suggested.

No worries and no hassles, mate.......just a heads-up on my part. :)

Skins are okay...I just moved them as suggested.

Good good

.................. The flags for the ships......should be good

National flags on the ships are okay except for the RN ships...which now fly the Stars & Stripes.

Bloody Yanks...they've never really forgiven since the Boston Tea Party!:)

Edited by JervisBay

National flags on the ships are okay except for the RN ships...which now fly the Stars & Stripes.

Bloody Yanks...they've never really forgiven since the Boston Tea Party!:)

That won't do, I'll sort it out when I get home

Update 25/05/17:

• Updated Historical Naval Ensign and Signal flags for 0.6.5.1

Update 25/05/17:

• Updated Historical Naval Ensign and Signal flags for 0.6.5.1

All good, Mr. Wyvern.

Thank you.

Update 03/06/17:

Added Admiral-class Battlecruiser skins to post #5:

• HMS Hood, Pattern 507B, Home Fleet Grey, January 1920 - June 1936

HLa0qrU.png

• HMS Hood, Pattern 507C, Light Grey, June 1936 - June 1939

qTQeYP0.png

• HMS Hood, Pattern 507A, Home Fleet Grey, June 1939 -Early 1941

UafE1kM.png

• HMS Hood, Pattern 507B, Home Fleet Grey, Battle of the Denmark Strait, May 1941

ohAt1OY.png

Edited by zFireWyvern

Good stuff, mate! :)

Just an interesting aside....

When the activation of your skins over-rides the default camos, it removes the white hull of Emden and correctly gives it the base grey hull which it actually wore on the outbreak of WW1.

The white hull was not seen on Emden again....it was a peacetime livery.

However, if you ever get the chance to do so, you might also like to replace the superstructure colours with a grey as they were also painted over.

Edited by JervisBay

Good stuff, mate! :)

Just an interesting aside....

When the activation of your skins over-rides the default camos, it removes the white hull of Emden and correctly gives it the base grey hull which it actually wore on the outbreak of WW1.

The white hull was not seen on Emden again....it was a peacetime livery.

However, if you ever get the chance to do so, you might also like to replace the superstructure colours with a grey as they were also painted over.

Thankyou, I'm glad you like it! It's nice to be making skins again and actually having free time.

As for the Emden, I did think about doing a skin specifically for her, like I did for the Dresden a while back however I never got around to it, mainly because I didn't really think it was worth the effort. I may touch her up at some point but she's pretty low down on the list of things to do :)

As for the Emden, ..........she's pretty low down on the list of things to do :)

That's no problem at all.....with her coat of white paint gone (the reason she was referred to as the "Swan" prior to the outbreak of war) she looks pretty authentic anyway. :)

But please don't forget Perth. :great:

But please don't forget Perth. :great:

I'll see if I can get her fixed tomorrow, depends how lazy I feel

I'll see if I can get her fixed tomorrow, depends how lazy I feel

Fair enough. :)

Update 04/06/17:

• Updated Leander-class Cruiser, HMAS Perth skin, corrected camouflage to the historical asymmetrical scheme she carried between November 1941 and 1st March 1942