zFireWyvern

[0.6.13.1] Wyvern's Historical Skin Workshop

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

572 posts in this topic

I'll try reinstalling, since i've got no clue how to use the unpacker x.x idk what went wrong since this hasn't ever happened before

Just now, Sephy_the_OWA said:

I'll try reinstalling, since i've got no clue how to use the unpacker x.x idk what went wrong since this hasn't ever happened before

Unless the NA server has had an update that I'm not aware of and EU hasn't got it yet, there should be no difference between the flags files. If needed, the unpacker is really easy to use @MajorRenegade's thread has instructions which are easy enough to follow

1 minute ago, Sephy_the_OWA said:

Ok here it is

flags.dds

Well, that's strange because that's the right flags file for my flags mod, must be an error installing the mod or something, I've downloaded the version I uploaded and it should be working fine

Hopefully the flag script can be fixed soon, though I know you're really busy. Attached my scripts.zip from NA's current version just in case it's helpful.

(Background: A while back I reported that the swap was crashing my client. We figured that maybe the NA client had a slightly different script file. Seemed to have been the case then, Wyvern fixed it and all was good until now. Still am glad to have the textures themselves, even though I'll miss my Imperial German flag on my Albert until there's a fix.)

scripts.zip

1 hour ago, Raptormama said:

Hopefully the flag script can be fixed soon, though I know you're really busy. Attached my scripts.zip from NA's current version just in case it's helpful.

(Background: A while back I reported that the swap was crashing my client. We figured that maybe the NA client had a slightly different script file. Seemed to have been the case then, Wyvern fixed it and all was good until now. Still am glad to have the textures themselves, even though I'll miss my Imperial German flag on my Albert until there's a fix.)

scripts.zip

There's a possibility that the script may not come back at all, from what IsamuKondera has told me, WG has done something that makes it very difficult to fix.

Seems like a strange thing to bother interfering with unless it has something to do with all the fuss over their system thinking Reshade users are cheaters. At least most of the ships I spend time in for the German/Japanese nations are those from the mid 30s or later so it won't be too noticeable.

What exactly did they do? Do you know? The techie in me is curious.

7 hours ago, Raptormama said:

Seems like a strange thing to bother interfering with unless it has something to do with all the fuss over their system thinking Reshade users are cheaters. At least most of the ships I spend time in for the German/Japanese nations are those from the mid 30s or later so it won't be too noticeable.

What exactly did they do? Do you know? The techie in me is curious.

I don't really know what they've done, I've not looked into it like that and scripting isn't my area of expertise, I just know texturing

21 hours ago, zFireWyvern said:

Update 21/10/17:

• Updated Historical Signal Flags and Naval Ensign mod, script currently broken so it has been removed from the mod for the time being.

Added Conte di Cavour-class Battleship skin to post #4:

• RN Giulio Cesare, pre-war paint scheme, post-1937 rebuild.
  Hide contents

qsiKUFD.png

Love it :Smile_great:

1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

@zFireWyvern  i think i may have some Queen Elizabeth skins/camos for you if youre looking
9e6eb4c309e700a7bd47a61e11f411a0--navy-s

Don't worry, I have a reference book full of camouflage schemes the Royal Navy use, I just don't have any time for WoWS skins at all right now I'm afraid

1 minute ago, zFireWyvern said:

Don't worry, I have a reference book full of camouflage schemes the Royal Navy use, I just don't have any time for WoWS skins at all right now I'm afraid

ahh ok, gotta say, thats some dedication, having a reference book full of of camos, i like that sort of dedication, always ready

Edited by tcbaker777

4 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

ahh ok, gotta say, thats some dedication, having a reference book full of of camos, i like that sort of dedication, always ready

I have a pile of reference books for naval camouflages of various navies, looking at maybe buying another one soon

Update 11/11/17:

• Updated Historical Signal Flags and Naval Ensign mod, script currently broken so it has been removed from the mod for the time being.

Related image

4 minutes ago, samba_liten said:

Any idea why the Leander skin only shows up on the turrets?

Because the Leander skin is actually for the Commonwealth premium ship HMAS Perth which was a member of the Leander-class. I've put a stamp on the preview images to indicate which skins are for premium ships and which ones are for regular tree ships

Just now, samba_liten said:

Missed that. Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion caused, I like to keep all the skins within their historical classes but I can see why it can be a little confusing. I do have a regular Leander skin planned, I just have no time to make any skins right now