zFireWyvern

[0.6.13.1] Wyvern's Historical Skin Workshop

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

567 posts in this topic

Update 15/09/15:

• Added KMS Tirpitz, June 1941 Skin to Post #2

Lk1WMuE.jpg

Um....slight problem, this skin only appears to show up on oneside of the ship....

Um....slight problem, this skin only appears to show up on oneside of the ship....

That's because it was only ever applied to the starboard side of the ship, the camouflage pattern was only carried for a short time while she was in refit

............thats......o_o crazy

Not really, the whole time the camouflage was applied she was in port, the only side of the ship that was visible was the starboard side, no point in painting the other side when no one will see it Edited by zFireWyvern

Even if it's ahistorical would you consider applying the Tirpitz camo to both sides of the ship? It's such a pretty camo after all. :)

Even if it's ahistorical would you consider applying the Tirpitz camo to both sides of the ship? It's such a pretty camo after all. :)

Sorry, I'll say the same thing to you as I said to Sephy, my thing is historical accuracy so I'm not particularly keen on the idea at all. Additionally I've already started work on my next Tirpitz skin, I don't particularly fancy going back now. Sorry man

Sorry, I'll say the same thing to you as I said to Sephy, my thing is historical accuracy so I'm not particularly keen on the idea at all. Additionally I've already started work on my next Tirpitz skin, I don't particularly fancy going back now. Sorry man

No problem, thanks for replying and thanks for the great skins!

No problem, thanks for replying and thanks for the great skins!

You're welcome, I'm glad you like them! :D I always try to reply to people as fast as possible :)

Wyvern love you skins. But, I can not get the Tirpitz skin to stop showing the purchasable camo. I have put the two files in my main World of Warships folder and the purchasable camo still shows.

Wyvern love you skins. But, I can not get the Tirpitz skin to stop showing the purchasable camo. I have put the two files in my main World of Warships folder and the purchasable camo still shows.

Yeah, I only made the camouflages.xml hide the original camouflage. I will start including an xml that disable all camouflages in the download in the next update, for now you can download this file and put this camouflages.xml into your res_mods 0.5.0.0 folder: http://puu.sh/keTer.zip and thankyou! :D 

Have you ever given it any thought about making some camo patterns??? Theres not really none out there except for your invisible camo and the one that changes the IJN camo from green to a darkish grey with some black. Would love to see more camo patterns!!! Please consider it sir, cheers.

Have you ever given it any thought about making some camo patterns??? Theres not really none out there except for your invisible camo and the one that changes the IJN camo from green to a darkish grey with some black. Would love to see more camo patterns!!! Please consider it sir, cheers.

I've not really thought about making camo patterns, it's much more tedious and I'd rather directly apply the camouflage/skin. Also are you sure the camo disabler does that? It should just completely stop the camouflage from appearing. Are you talking about the purchasable camouflages?

Yes the purchasable camo.

I'll make a camouflages.xml to disable all camouflages from showing on the ships if you want

Update 28/09/15:

• Updated all mods for update 0.5.0.1
  • If you use the Historical Naval Ensign and Signal Flags mod I recommend you download the new version as it comes with new flash files

So when can we expect that third skin for the Tirpitz ? :o

Not sure at the moment, I'm going to be pretty busy with other stuff for a couple of weeks, I do have one new skin ready for upload (pretty much ready anyway) but that's not a Tirpitz skin, it's a surprise

Something for Kongo?

Nope, to my knowledge there are no paint schemes for the Kongo or her sister ships that I could do

Update 01/10/15:

• Added HMS Campbeltown I42, Western Approaches Camouflage skin to post #2 - Under Wickes/Town Class Destroyer

c3bQEBt.jpg

Edited by zFireWyvern