Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DaHun

Massive FPS drop?

12 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
635 battles

Just got out of a match where my FPS dropped to 5. Alt tabbed out to make sure I wasn't running something. When I got back to the game everyone else on both teams was saying FPS of 5 to 15 suddenly.

Seems odd. Normally FPS is related to your computer and not lag/packet loss. But everyone on both sides were complaining about the game suddenly becoming a slide show.

• Cool 5

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

I've had it happen to me 3 times today, every time players on both sides reported similar problems. One second my fps is at 50-60, next thing I know it's down to 6-10. For some reason it would continue until I died, then the fps would normalize again. Other players reported similar results. 

[_AFW_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,359 battles

I upvoted your post because I find it relevant. I've had 5 matches today where multiple people on both teams complain about severe FPS drops. Pings are normal, but FPS crashes. I can resolve this issue temporarily by force ending the process and restarting the game, but that is hardly ideal.

Informally other players have suggested in game chat that this is likely server related since multiple people are experiencing it in each lobby.

I hope this bug gets resolved quickly. It's definitely less enticing to play my shiny new ships when I can barely maneuver or shoot in them

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

I upvoted your post because I find it relevant. I've had 5 matches today where multiple people on both teams complain about severe FPS drops. Pings are normal, but FPS crashes. I can resolve this issue temporarily by force ending the process and restarting the game, but that is hardly ideal.

Informally other players have suggested in game chat that this is likely server related since multiple people are experiencing it in each lobby.

I hope this bug gets resolved quickly. It's definitely less enticing to play my shiny new ships when I can barely maneuver or shoot in them

It's not ideal, but it's workable in a battleship or even a heavy cruiser. But with a destroyer or an aircraft carrier... It sucks.

Members
4 posts
635 battles

Just seems odd that a server issue would bleed over into a FPS issue, but I'm not a IT related person. Didn't appear laggy at all.

Beta Testers
460 posts

Just seems odd that a server issue would bleed over into a FPS issue, but I'm not a IT related person. Didn't appear laggy at all.

It shouldn't. Ideally graphics rendering should be completely independent of actual game calculations, including info received from the server.

[_AFW_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,359 battles

I recall an instance where I had restarted the client and fixed the bug. However, it came back the instant an enemy Cleveland that was beyond spotting range fired his guns and appeared on my screen. From then on it would continue until my ship was sunk. My guess? I think the game tries to render ships according to what the server says, but if the client miscalculates then it spends the rest of the client trying to reconcile its calculation to what the server is telling it. Just an uninformed guess tho.

I looked at resource monitor and nothing seems to change when the problem appears. No other processors are using a lot of CPU, memory, or disk IO.

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,267 battles

If memory serves, it's a long-standing bug that WG has thought they fixed multiple times, but haven't.

Nominally, it's due to a large number of torpedoes being launched at once.

Members
4 posts
1,018 battles

Same issue. 50-70FPS then once the game was a about a minute in everyone on both teams dropped to 4-5 FPS. Game occured Sept 5th 2015 @ 0035hrs. Oddly enough once you die FPS was normal.. For people still alive FPS was still 5 until you were sunk. I was in the middle of trying to solve why my games were getting lag spikes and dropping to 5 FPS intermittently and then this happened... I was actually happy to hear it affected everyone. As for my lag/slow loading/intermittent FPS drop it may have been because I have 3 screens and was playing windowed at some odd resolution like 1902x??? because 3 monitors are not supported yet and you can not see the video settings to change them. I took 3 screen software down and full screened to one window which gave me the standard resolution of 1920x768 or whatever and it DID seem quicker in every way until this massive issue that affected everyone. Hope this helps people.

Edited by Doust

Members
892 posts

Happened a few times to me last night when I first started running my new Amagi, not sure if it's restricted to high tier but a majority of the players in the match were having a similar problem. FPS went from 30-50 to 5-10 tops and even dropping below at times. Not a system issue nor a problem with my connection and I really can't say it happens every time but when it does the game is unplayable. I'll see if I can get a screen capture and post in the bug report if someone has one already today.

Beta Testers
47 posts
3,607 battles

The FPS drop is severe and making the game unplayable. I'm getting frustrated with enemy ships disappearing just as my torp's and shots reach them. What's the point of playing the game if it's so out of sync. Please fix this issue.

Sign in to follow this