You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GravyDave1

After latest Patch How do feel about WoWs Is going the right direction OR the other way?

85 comments in this topic

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

With the demise of WoWp coming soon. How wargaming dealt with that game and just down right nerf bag a lot of planes in the name of balance. Do you feel WoWs is on the same course?

Right now I feel WoWs is killing the CV aspect of the game. They do not feel fun to play no more. They feel like chore no fun factor. I saw some good buffs to some ships and I agree they were needed. But they also did some to ships in the name of balance to and made them no fun to play no more. Wyoming is one of them. Now cruiser can out range them. With a cruiser reload rate compare to the BB and now can out range them to. Not looking good. That is my complaints so far. How do you guys feel? What is what you like and dislike? Why ? Thanks guys be cool have fun GD1

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

Labor day 2016 - WoWs is a Ghost town.

Put it in the red book.

Hmmm not going to argue that. After what I saw with WOWP and how they keep changing it to the worst. You have a point.

Beta Testers
1,620 posts
1,238 battles

They screwed some things up but they also fixed some issues. They just need to learn what they screwed up from this patch and in the next patch change them back.

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

They screwed some things up but they also fixed some issues. They just need to learn what they screwed up from this patch and in the next patch change them back.

That has been what I have been saying since 3.1 patch. I have saw a steady drop in CV play since. Just that class for example.
Edited by GravyDave1
  • Cool 1

[BOTES]
Beta Testers
127 posts
13,940 battles

CV's need to be further looked at. It's too early to tell "they're useless and boring GG". People, myself included, said stuff along the lines back when IJN TB spread was increased back in CBT; and yet, they remained incredibly powerful (as opposed to absolutely powerful) once people got used to it. Let the META settle, let people figure out how to deal with fighter dogfights and reduced TB loadouts.

DD's are still in severe need of buffs. Torpedo detection ranges need to be nerfed if DD's are to be useful for more than island hugging and sinking bots/afk's that don't change course/speeds for minutes; but that won't happen because people can't be bothered to prevent stuff before it's in their faces, so other routes for buffs must be found.

BB's are in a much better spot now, with tighter spreads. Pretty much the main complains about them have been resolved. Remains to be seen if they're not way too strong now.

• Cool 2

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

CV's need to be further looked at. It's too early to tell "they're useless and boring GG". People, myself included, said stuff along the lines back when IJN TB spread was increased back in CBT; and yet, they remained incredibly powerful (as opposed to absolutely powerful) once people got used to it. Let the META settle, let people figure out how to deal with fighter dogfights and reduced TB loadouts.

DD's are still in severe need of buffs. Torpedo detection ranges need to be nerfed if DD's are to be useful for more than island hugging and sinking bots/afk's that don't change course/speeds for minutes; but that won't happen because people can't be bothered to prevent stuff before it's in their faces, so other routes for buffs must be found.

BB's are in a much better spot now, with tighter spreads. Pretty much the main complains about them have been resolved. Remains to be seen if they're not way too strong now.

I do agree CVs need to look at more. TO balance better and make useful to help team win battle. DD's I think are close to where they need to be. Fun ships to play. Fly by your  pants moments with them. Cruiser hmmm some do need some work and some are alright. BB's hmmmm still thinking on them. But one thing for the range on US line needs to be improved.

Beta Testers
393 posts
1,831 battles

US BBs need range help.  Their armor, while nice, is rather underwhelming at the ranges they're forced to fight at.  CVs...I don't play them, but I don't see many of them any longer, especially at higher tiers.  I'll agree DDs feel pretty good, but torpedo detection range is too long for them to really be useful away from islands.

Beta Testers
136 posts
1,444 battles

After finally finishing grinding out the exp to upgrade out of stock and get my captain skills back I think high tier cvs are still okay though there are still some bugs mostly to do with the new manual fighter attack.

LUurXm0.jpg

MM still appears a bit buggy though. Wasn't in queue for very long but it threw me against a t9 while other times I've sat in queue forever with no games.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
756 posts
1,545 battles

After finally finishing grinding out the exp to upgrade out of stock and get my captain skills back I think high tier cvs are still okay though there are still some bugs mostly to do with the new manual fighter attack.

MM still appears a bit buggy though. Wasn't in queue for very long but it threw me against a t9 while other times I've sat in queue forever with no games.

They are "just" OK????  you killed the entire team yourself.   are you kidding me?  *SIGH*

• Cool 5

[-K-]
Members
484 posts
5,728 battles

They're taking baby steps in the right direction. Would love a whole slew of changes still (such as DD buffs tiers 6+, fine tuning aa, paying close attention to nation balance/flavors in each class in accordance to statistics, Myogi (slight)/Izumo/Colorado buffs, special attention to USN Cruisers Tiers 7+ and the Ibuki, Essex/Midway/Yamato might need a bit of rebalancing), but they did make some progress with this patch, even if only slightly. 

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

With the demise of WoWp coming soon. How wargaming dealt with that game and just down right nerf bag a lot of planes in the name of balance. Do you feel WoWs is on the same course?

Right now I feel WoWs is killing the CV aspect of the game. They do not feel fun to play no more. They feel like chore no fun factor. I saw some good buffs to some ships and I agree they were needed. But they also did some to ships in the name of balance to and made them no fun to play no more. Wyoming is one of them. Now cruiser can out range them. With a cruiser reload rate compare to the BB and now can out range them to. Not looking good. That is my complaints so far. How do you guys feel? What is what you like and dislike? Why ? Thanks guys be cool have fun GD1

The CV haters have rendered the Zuiho, Hosho and Ryujo unplayable, thats all I am going to say
  • Cool 2

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

WoWP has been decimated for a long time.

Yea they never really listen to the players. The people that buy gold, premium time and etc. If you do not listen to the people that are buying your product. They will leave. I have lot friends that felt like they had a bias toward the US line too.

[POW1]
Members
5,078 posts

The CV haters have rendered the Zuiho, Hosho and Ryujo unplayable, thats all I am going to say

I have too agree with you on this. It does seem wows listen to them more than anything else.

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

I have too agree with you on this. It does seem wows listen to them more than anything else.

I'll put it this way before the nerf Hosho, Zuiho and Ryujo were average performers but post patch they just suffered big time

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Also the CV haters who think CV are overpowered have no clue how hard it is to manage a TB squad or micromanage a CV as well

Members
1,245 posts
5 battles

Wyoming nerf was expected. Nobody even though what would happen when you put 12 gun battleship on tier 4?

Personally, I wouldn't touch the range but rather the RoF and turret soft stats.

Beta Testers
17 posts
5,061 battles

This last patch is starting to go in the right direction cv's still need some tweaking not nerfs. dd's need some more love (Sims is good again thou) bb's I think are pretty good now and cruisers are fine in my books.

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,522 battles

They are just fine.
  • Cool 4

Beta Testers
130 posts
7,471 battles

I think they are headed in the right direction. This is still early. Tanks is still being tweaked many years later. I hope the same for Warships.

• Cool 1

Members
7 posts
452 battles

I'm enjoying this patch far more than the previous one. However, in my limited exposure to it, I've noticed a few things.

1. I find very few games with CVs in them. I like this because I prefer the main battery gunplay and it gives me 1 less thing to worry about, but I have to say I would like to see them more than once every 6 games. AAA loadouts are becoming worthless.

2. I'm doing astonishingly well in my US BBs. I'm not sure if it is just coincidence, but I've had a streak of very strong games in the New Mexico. The main battery seems more accurate and well placed barrages seem to reward me more often than not (whereas before my main source of frustration was BB inconsistency). I very nearly quit this game on week 1 of open beta because of how frustrating BB vs BB combat felt and while it's still a bit of a rng slugfest, more consistent shells means the person with better aim and maneuvering has a better chance.

3. IJN DDs seem to be able to use their guns now and smoke feels right. However, it's still incredibly easy to dodge a well placed spread of torpedoes and I struggle to land 1 torpedo per game unless I go for a suicide shotgun (which is even more suicidal now than it was prepatch).

Overall, I'm enjoying it much more and see it as a step in the right direction.

Edited by Phrash