You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
019Delta

2x weekend

11 comments in this topic

[STNUC]
Members
90 posts
3,318 battles

Its really not a 2x weekend when you only get the 2x buff for 1 win. Why don't you guys do like other games and actually do a full weekend of 2x meaning all day long for 3 days. Then you can call it 2x weekend this really is not a weekend what you have going on now.

[KFL]
Alpha Tester
1,307 posts
5,792 battles

I mean I doubt a 2x weekend where every match is 2x because that will mean some people will just unlock everything but I guess they can call it that. This game really cant do it cause of limits where as games like LOL can do 4x ip weekends because they can just make new champs to encourage us to buy rp . 

Beta Testers
371 posts
686 battles

Its really not a 2x weekend when you only get the 2x buff for 1 win. Why don't you guys do like other games and actually do a full weekend of 2x meaning all day long for 3 days. Then you can call it 2x weekend this really is not a weekend what you have going on now.

No, that would be WoWP this weekend.  I'll be spending a lot of time flying.......one of these days I'll get back to ships again.....sigh.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,636 battles

Nice those are always a good thing. 13 days and counting!

[STNUC]
Members
90 posts
3,318 battles

Considering how much xp is needed to get to the top tier 2x xp all weekend would help benefit more higher tier players, as it is now the wait time for t9+ can be up to 5minutes Plus depending on the class of ship your playing. With new players coming in this would help get ppl to the next ship or 2 ships. Even on a average ppl are getting say 2k per battle normal so they get 4k xp during double xp weekend.

Members
41 posts
598 battles

I hadn't been playing the game for that long when I saw my first 2x weekend come up.

Worked out a few deals with the wife to be left alone (gave her money to go shopping) and settled in to play all weekend.

Wow was I disappointed......

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
4,640 battles

I honestly think the reason why they are Bogarting the XP in WoWs is because the game is so new and there simply is not that many lines (8?) to go down right now. If they handed out the XP ala WoT I would probably have 3 or 4 tier Xs... and I do not even play nearly as much as some of these guys. I think once the game gets fleshed out a bit more x2 will be the norm, and we may start seeing "X2 all day" and X3 and even X5 events roll in. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I hadn't been playing the game for that long when I saw my first 2x weekend come up.

Worked out a few deals with the wife to be left alone (gave her money to go shopping) and settled in to play all weekend.

Wow was I disappointed......

Why wouldn't you be? A 2x weekend is only going to net you on avg, 300XP per ship each day.

You'd be better served to hold off on "deals" until the game gets going and we get events like WoT. 

Members
34 posts
412 battles

I also used to find this 2x weekend very misleading.

In any case, yesterday I felt that WoT was a 2x every game, since top 10 exp earners per battle got 2x vehicle experience. I was able to practically get my IS-7 unlocked in a day. Ahah! So I'm not complaining. There were also some other bonuses...

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
4,640 battles

I also used to find this 2x weekend very misleading.

In any case, yesterday I felt that WoT was a 2x every game, since top 10 exp earners per battle got 2x vehicle experience. I was able to practically get my IS-7 unlocked in a day. Ahah! So I'm not complaining. There were also some other bonuses...

I got my IS-7 in a X2 every game weekend... wonder if it was the same one? lol

[DOOM]
[DOOM]
Members
345 posts
11,383 battles

While the OP is on point with this, I don't see how it would really help all that much as the real bottleneck is credits. There is no advantage to gaining all these extra xp, making a ship "elite" and having no benefit from the extra xp because you don't have the money to buy the next ship in the line so you are in effect "losing" usable (read 95%) xp. Unless the Devs were to implement a system where the elited ships train Captains faster such as in WoT.