Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Lag getting much worse in WOWS

20 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

I am not sure what is happening with WOWS, I have been experiencing lag and random disconnections, has this something to do with WOWS server?

[ARB_1]
Beta Testers
147 posts
5,332 battles

No lag r disconnects here and I'm in NZ. what are the specs of your comp? Also maybe do a traceroute to the game servers and see what happens.

[SALVO]
Members
806 posts
19,334 battles

Something was up last night, maybe to do with the patch.  Lots of packet loss and rubber banding.  Using the Nicholas guns was an effort in futility and there were folks complaining about it all night so it wasn't just me.  From my experience in WoT this is a common thing for WG.  

Members
1 post
4 battles

Noticed more lag  since game came out.  Doubt its my internet provider or computer.    I play other PC games and I literally never lag and have high FPS and low ping.   

[SNS]
Members
148 posts
6,055 battles

Same here.  The red dot blinking every 5 seconds.  Also noticed the game would disconnect me randomly, sometimes during battle, sometimes in port.  Had several game lock ups and had to Alt+Tab+delete and end program to get it to close.  

Hopefully the patch corrects some coding and will alleviate this issue. 

[DOOM]
[DOOM]
Members
345 posts
11,383 battles

I am not sure what is happening with WOWS, I have been experiencing lag and random disconnections, has this something to do with WOWS server?

I experience this myself, but being as this is the Open Beta for WoWS, this is to be expected.  This is exactly why they do open beta, to find problems like this and correct them. And kudos to all who point things like this out so these problems can be ironed out!!

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

Since the micropatch, there has been a lot more lag and desync.  I've had multiple complaints from my clan mates and friends/brother.

Members
897 posts
7,381 battles

Same both my and my friend play. We have both been getting more lag in games of late. We live in completely different parts of the world so doubt it has anything to do with our internet.

Beta Testers
1,753 posts
3,028 battles

Honestly, the only time I have ever seen noticeable issues has been either when my ISP was crapping out, or when I got routed through a particularly bad node between me and WG. During internet primetime in the States, the streaming video load is mind-boggling. NetFlix alone often takes almost a 1/3 of the usually bandwidth nationwide. Fortunately for NetFlix users, their application buffers all data before display, so any hiccups short of disaster get glossed over. Online gaming, however, is much, much more sensitive, especially to packet loss. As the NZ/Aussie players can tell you, high ping you can get used to, but packet loss will ruin you every time. 

If you are having an issue, its easy to check. You can run a traceroute off the DOS command line, or yo can download something like PingPlotter for free. The traceroute command gives you basic info about ping and packet loss to each 'hop' on your connection to WG; PingPlotter does the same thing but gives you a nice, fancy, saveable graphical representation of the same thing. 

To run either, you will need the IP address for WoWS. You can pull this off your comp very easily. Open Task Manager and go to the Performance tab. Click on the button at the bottom marked 'Resource Monitor'. In RM, click on the Network tab, and expand the TCP Connections bar. Scroll down the TCP list to WoWS, and copy the Remote Address. This is the internet address of the WoWS server you are currently connected to. Plug that into either of the above options to determine where your connection issue is located. 

If it is in the first 2-3 hops from your IP, it is probably your ISP's issue; save the info or screenshot it for the tech when you call them . If it is in the last 2-3 hops before the game server, the issue is with WG. Send in a ticket with as much info as you have to try to address the problem. 

If the problem is in-between you and WG, welcome to the US Internet backbone. Still send a ticket to WG; the issue is beyond their direct control, but they may have the swing to get a major issue addresses, especially if a large number of users are having the same problem with the same node. 

• Cool 1

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

Honestly, the only time I have ever seen noticeable issues has been either when my ISP was crapping out, or when I got routed through a particularly bad node between me and WG. During internet primetime in the States, the streaming video load is mind-boggling. NetFlix alone often takes almost a 1/3 of the usually bandwidth nationwide. Fortunately for NetFlix users, their application buffers all data before display, so any hiccups short of disaster get glossed over. Online gaming, however, is much, much more sensitive, especially to packet loss. As the NZ/Aussie players can tell you, high ping you can get used to, but packet loss will ruin you every time. 

If you are having an issue, its easy to check. You can run a traceroute off the DOS command line, or yo can download something like PingPlotter for free. The traceroute command gives you basic info about ping and packet loss to each 'hop' on your connection to WG; PingPlotter does the same thing but gives you a nice, fancy, saveable graphical representation of the same thing. 

To run either, you will need the IP address for WoWS. You can pull this off your comp very easily. Open Task Manager and go to the Performance tab. Click on the button at the bottom marked 'Resource Monitor'. In RM, click on the Network tab, and expand the TCP Connections bar. Scroll down the TCP list to WoWS, and copy the Remote Address. This is the internet address of the WoWS server you are currently connected to. Plug that into either of the above options to determine where your connection issue is located. 

If it is in the first 2-3 hops from your IP, it is probably your ISP's issue; save the info or screenshot it for the tech when you call them . If it is in the last 2-3 hops before the game server, the issue is with WG. Send in a ticket with as much info as you have to try to address the problem. 

If the problem is in-between you and WG, welcome to the US Internet backbone. Still send a ticket to WG; the issue is beyond their direct control, but they may have the swing to get a major issue addresses, especially if a large number of users are having the same problem with the same node. 

Already done this, and when it gets to WG, it starts acting funky.  It's nothing on my end.

Beta Testers
1,753 posts
3,028 battles

Already done this, and when it gets to WG, it starts acting funky.  It's nothing on my end.

Have you sent in a ticket with details on the nodes that are getting slowed up? Like I said, WG should be able to address the first 2-3 hops, either directly or through the ISP the server farm uses. But if all they get is a ticket that says 'My connection sux!!!1!' there is little they can do. The key to getting the best attention in any tech scenario to information. The more specific info you can supply, the easier it is to trouble-shoot the problem, and the more likely you are to get your issue solved quickly.  

[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles

was having some bad lag spikes last night, game would stutter and get that little lag red light in the top left corner of screen

[R0FL]
Beta Testers
1,286 posts
4,086 battles

I experience this myself, but being as this is the Open Beta for WoWS, this is to be expected.  This is exactly why they do open beta, to find problems like this and correct them. And kudos to all who point things like this out so these problems can be ironed out!!

Bullcrap.  Shenaningans.  There was NO lag in the game 2 months prior to the OBT version of the game.  They artificially and intentionally inserted the loading time lag to the game around that point so you wouldn't just instantly log into the match all at the same time (for some reason) and it's gone downhill ever since then.    I've even isolated a UCS chassis at work to run the game on, 6 Tb of memory, as well as being on the backbone of the internet here in the datacenter, so this chassis is running nothing else but WoWs, and it still has ridiculous lag in loading the game up.  I can run an entire building filled with people running another standard game such as World of Warcraft on this single chassis alone through VMs.  This lag has nothing to do with your computer specs.  It has nothing to do with them "looking for bugs" and "trying to fix stuff as it's still Beta".   The game was running smoothly and fluidly before.  They ADDED the lag in.   Deal with that reality.
Edited by Quora

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

Have you sent in a ticket with details on the nodes that are getting slowed up? Like I said, WG should be able to address the first 2-3 hops, either directly or through the ISP the server farm uses. But if all they get is a ticket that says 'My connection sux!!!1!' there is little they can do. The key to getting the best attention in any tech scenario to information. The more specific info you can supply, the easier it is to trouble-shoot the problem, and the more likely you are to get your issue solved quickly.  

Yes, and this is not my first rodeo with WGNA.  I'm a veteran WoT player as well....

I've given them enough to literally create a wiretap.

[SALVO]
Members
806 posts
19,334 battles

Yes, and this is not my first rodeo with WGNA.  I'm a veteran WoT player as well....

I've given them enough to literally create a wiretap.

Same boat as you.  Basically gave up from lack of WG response and just stop playing when I see it happening.  Also, a big reason I refrain from purchasing premium in WG games.  Telia and level3 have been the bane of WG games.  

Beta Testers
601 posts
1,352 battles

I myself am 2nd wave Alpha. I have brought this stutter / Lag whatever you want to call it to their attention many many times. I know how to post a bug.................

I thought today the big update maybe they finally got smart and fixed it but NO!

It is about a close to unplayable as it can get. I build and maintain computers for a living so my rig is no pig with lipstick.

I can not believe they are overlooking months and months of bad feedback on this stutter / lag bug........... It started about 2 full builds ago if I remember right.

Alpha Tester
434 posts
4,351 battles

The desynch's always been the worst part for me, every ship is invisible and towing a hologram of itself behind it.

[QNA]
Beta Testers
2,121 posts

It could always be worse.

Armoured Wafare has a level of lag/desync that makes WG's servers a shining beacon of interweb glory.

Sign in to follow this