You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fazar

When will we get a Cool Premium ship?

49 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
25 posts
1,339 battles

Been looking and waiting a bit, and all the current ships are really uninspiring.  Atlanta is maybe the best choice but really looking for a fun battleship to purchase(not looking at you pretend battlecruisers).  My friend has a Warspite and it looks awesome but you can't get that anymore.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
25 posts
1,339 battles

I don't think I played enough or something during the beta (only got the myogi) so I never got it.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Unfortunate.

Well, you could always get in line with everyone else waiting for the German battleship Tirpitz.  Beyond that there's really not much else for BB-level stuff.

Beta Testers
25 posts
1,339 battles

Unfortunate.

Well, you could always get in line with everyone else waiting for the German battleship Tirpitz.  Beyond that there's really not much else for BB-level stuff.

Isn't Tirpitz sort of super limited not available to the public vehicle?

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

Anytime I hear the phrase 'cool premium' from someone I keep hearing it translated into my brain as 'overpowered'.

Which, IMO, is why premium carriers should never exist. And yes, I just got done with arguing in clan over premium carrier ideas.

No... just... no.

• Cool 1

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

Of the current premium ships that are available, hands down the IJN Cruiser Atago is the best.  Let me give a quick summary of all of those I have played:

Yubari (IJN Tier 4 Cruiser):   Plagued with poor guns, an enormous citadel and no armour to speak of, the Yubari eagerly awaits some long overdue buffs to make it a worthwhile tier 4 cruiser.  As she stands now, she isn't worth the dubloons / cash used to purchase her.  The upcoming patch promises to provide her with a utility buff with an AA cooldown but there was no mention of survivability or gunnery improvements for this neat looking, but tragically gimped cruiser.  (Not currently available).

Ishizuchi (IJN Tier 4 Battleship):  The Ishizuchi is a Myogi battleship that trades it's six 14" guns for ten 12" guns.  This limits it's range to an anemic 12km with much reduced hitting power.  Though it has a good hit point total for it's tier, it is utterly lacking in armour.  In addition it has almost no AA firepower and it handles very sluggishly despite a good top speed.

Atago (IJN Tier 8 Cruiser):  A beautiful, idealized version of the IJN Heavy Cruiser line, the Atago is lacking a bit in DPM with it's slow rate of fire, but it makes up for this with having easy to use torpedoes.  Hard hitting, fast (if sluggish), gorgeous, this is everything you could want an IJN Heavy Cruiser to be.  Beware it's vulnerable citadel, however.

Arkansas Beta (USN Tier 4 Battleship):  A Wyoming without AA power and lacking the top hull upgrade, this was a gift for Beta Testers during the CBT.  Almost a clone of the Wyoming, she has the unique low-tier ability to support up to 6 upgrade modules.  (Not currently available -- unlikely to ever be available again).

Sims (USN Tier 7 Destroyer):  The Sims is a fairly typical US Destroyer.  It has good, rapid fire guns (the same guns found on the Atlanta), wonderful speed and handling.  It is presently shackled with a poor, short ranged torpedo armament.  High tier gameplay isn't kind to US Destroyers presently.  The upcoming patch promises to provide more utility and functionality for the Sims with longer ranged (but slower) torpedoes and the AA cooldown.  Time will tell if this is enough to bring it back to popularity.  (Not currently available in store).

Atlanta (USN Tier 7 Cruiser):  The Atlanta is a glass canon.  Armed with sixteen (16) Destroyer caliber guns in 8 turrets, it has the highest DPM for it's tier.  Short ranged, exceedingly fragile but with a surprising torpedo armament and good AA, the Atlanta is a real odd duck.  Most would agree this is one of the most fun ships to play, though it's difficult to do very well in.  As cruisers go, this underperforms compared to other cruisers, mostly due to a lack of survivability preventing it from reaching it's potential.

Gremyachshy (Russian Tier 5 Destroyer):  The Gremmy or Gremlin as it's affectionately called, is an excellent tier 5 Destroyer.  Boasting the largest caliber guns on a Destroyer, it has has a pretty good punch for it's tier.  It's torpedoes are decent.  It has an excellent top speed and reasonable camouflage.  It's real flaw is that it's large guns handle very poorly, with their turret traverse being battleship-slow.  (Not currently available).

Warspite (RN Tier 6 Battleship):  The Warspite has two unique features going for it right now.  The first is that it has 15" guns at tier 6.  These guns are accurate (for a Battleship) and very hard hitting with good penetration values (you can easily citadel an Iowa within 12km).  The second positive trait is that the Warspite has a unique relationship with it's Repair Party (HP regeneration) consumable.  Unlike other Battleships, it can repair citadel damage without suffering any penalty for doing so.  Most Battleships can only regenerate a tiny portion of citadel damage -- not the Warspite.  This is balanced with the Warspite being slowish (23 knots), with medium range (16km) and being tied for having the slowest traversing turrets in the game (72s for 180' -- tied with the Yamato).  (Not currently availabe in store, but being actively awarded for various contests).

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
116 posts
8,806 battles

No it will be available to purchase soon.
Maybe tomorrow, maybe a month away  --  But soon.
It must be within the next month as they have stated it is available as a premium before the release of the German Cruisers next month.

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

While the test server was up i worked my way up to a Zao. Zoa stands for Big bad Atago. Its a fantastic ship, but the server isnt up nowSo its back to waiting with everyone else.. Still for those wanting an incredible ship, and if you have the patience to grind it, Zao is spectacular. Sad that we have to wait for Mikasa and tirpitz but as they say, soon.. Till then, back to minecraft i guess..

shot-15.08.28_23.39.52-0495_zpsvubqittk.

shot-15.08.29_11.46.50-0275_zps8vkmwtxn.

[STURM]
Alpha Tester
2,216 posts
22,450 battles

You could just get the marblehead, with the forum contest, though that's an Omaha clone.

Also, Zuikaku and Enterprise for tier 8 prem CV!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

[WKY20]
Members
1,313 posts
7,071 battles

I hope there will be tier VIII American premium battleship someday.

I'm going to love the Marblehead. It was part of the ABDA group operating in Dutch Indies and fought the Japanese cruiser fleet (and lost) in Java sea.

Oh how much I want a historical mode......

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,512 battles

Is that joke? Its an xp and credits pinata. Especially for Carriers.

Still one of my best ships that I play. I have really good luck with it for some reason.
  • Cool 1

[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

Still one of my best ships that I play. I have really good luck with it for some reason.

I love it myself. I'm throwing the accuracy module on it as soon as I start having loose credits floating around, because I love shotgunning fearless Omaha and Phoenix players. 
  • Cool 1

[DSRP]
Beta Testers
748 posts
2,650 battles

No. It was in testing, and now I think it's currently awaiting a release on the NA shop alongside a marketing push. Gonna hit the ol' wallet pretty hard, but yeah, it'll become available in the coming weeks.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Atlanta (USN Tier 7 Cruiser):  The Atlanta is a glass canon.  Armed with sixteen (16) Destroyer caliber guns in 8 turrets, it has the highest DPM for it's tier.  Short ranged, exceedingly fragile but with a surprising torpedo armament and good AA, the Atlanta is a real odd duck.  Most would agree this is one of the most fun ships to play, though it's difficult to do very well in.  As cruisers go, this underperforms compared to other cruisers, mostly due to a lack of survivability preventing it from reaching it's potential.

LittleWhiteMouse, this is a really excellent summary. The only (and very minor) point I don't agree with is the Atlanta. I think the reason it doesn't reach its potential is that people can't seem to hit with it. Is it really hard to hit with? Are their inexperienced drivers not bothering to aim? Or what? 

Taichunger

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Also, can someone explain the marketing logic behind having premium ships that you can no longer buy? Especially the Warspite, which a lot of people seem to want (me, I do). Surely the marginal cost of putting the Warspite back on the market is next to nothing, basically it would be free cash for WG....

Taichunger

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

Also, can someone explain the marketing logic behind having premium ships that you can no longer buy? Especially the Warspite, which a lot of people seem to want (me, I do). Surely the marginal cost of putting the Warspite back on the market is next to nothing, basically it would be free cash for WG....

Taichunger

they dont want new people buying gold ships and using them without having played a few games to learn anything..

Members
27 posts
5,578 battles

Taichunger

So they can bring it back several times a year in $80 packages and rake in more than they would by just leaving the ship itself up for sale year round. 

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Anytime I hear the phrase 'cool premium' from someone I keep hearing it translated into my brain as 'overpowered'.

Which, IMO, is why premium carriers should never exist. And yes, I just got done with arguing in clan over premium carrier ideas.

No... just... no.

I am ok with a premium carrier that is no higher than tier 4 lol. Other than that I totally agree.

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,553 battles

I wish we had a lot more premiums. The only premium that stood out to me as being worth it was murmansk - because it was cheap and I knew I could earn a lot of coin with it. Every other premium just doesn't appeal to me. Atlanta seems fun to play but I imagine it's pretty useless in 50% of it's matches plus it's expensive. Atago is very expensive and everyone already has one and I'm not crazy about IJN CA. T4-3 premiums don't apeal to me in the least and everything else - sims and warspite in particular are not available for purchase...I would totally own both of these ships if they were available. I will get the Tirpitz when it comes out.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

No... just... no.

Naa needs to be at least one. Enterprise. Even you can't argue that one.