You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Ice

What the hell is everyone's obsession with the Tirpitz recently?

39 comments in this topic

Members
639 posts
1,355 battles

Seriously,  it's reached cult like obsession and desire already... 

No, Your wrong. People hate it with a passion.

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

I've liked the Tirpitz before this game came out, pretty sure there are others who've liked the ship before the game aswell... Similar to how there are people who like the PzKpfw IV before WoT came along.

Edited by 6Xero9

Beta Testers
958 posts
2,299 battles

A few, kind of obvious, reasons really.

1. World of Warships' first German ship.

2. It's German, their wartime vehicles and weaponry have always been liked.

3. Sister ship to Bismarck, where any person who knows anything knows what that ship was and what it did. That enough gives Tirpitz merit.

So yeah.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

I was originally excited for it, but the second I saw that dispersion I lost all interest.  It's just too poor, even by battleship standards, for my likes.

• Cool 2

Members
402 posts

I was originally excited for it, but the second I saw that dispersion I lost all interest.  It's just too poor, even by battleship standards, for my likes.

The only thing it really has going for it is... even if you do poor with it you still make a decent amount of in game credits and if you do well .....i saw a video where a guy made over 600k
Edited by anonym_cMx2OCQOJuRT

[OJITT]
Beta Testers
521 posts
3,221 battles

The obsession with Tirpitz I think stems more from the desire for diversity of targets,  We want more then just America vs Japan.  More then just lend-lease look-alike stuff, the idea that we're that much closer to another faction release.  There is also of course just a splash of fanboys for that Diesel-Punk aesthetic of WW1 and WW2 German engineering.

I myself am still quite satisfied with my Pagoda tower.

Edited by Hereticus2142

Members
231 posts

are you implying that the Germans don't always make good stuff?

LjyUc96.png

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
130 posts
7,471 battles

Elements of both, here.

Partly because its a different nation, and only two gets tiring after a short while.

Partly because of its historical provenance, sister ship to the Bismark, and the way it was stalked.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

So the Russians devs hate German battleships too?  Man, just make this game world of carriers,  seriously? I'm sick of the battleship nefs besides the Japanese being WGs favorite baby... 

Members
276 posts
907 battles

Because, German ja???

Could give two sh*ts less about it being German, I'm not German. As far as any historical relevance goes, how relevant can it (or the Bismark for that matter) be being launched in '39, sunk in '44 and spending 99% of its time either hiding in fjords or engaging merchant convoys rather than other capital ships?

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

The obsession with the Tirpitz isn't with the Tirpitz. It's with the discrimination against the NA server in that we aren't getting the ship at the same time as the EU server. It's the continuation of a trend that came from WoT where the other servers would get premiums and other goodies that NA had to wait longer for or never got at all and we're sick of it.

• Cool 3

Members
276 posts
907 battles

Uh.....  The Bismark was DESIGHNED  to destroy merchant fleets

DESIGHNED??? wth?!?!? Whether it was DESIGNED to destroy merchant ships or not doesn't make it any more relevant does it? It had the potential to be a relevant factor in the Battle of the Atlantic but then again the Me-262 and StG 44 had potential as well and were both squandered away.
Edited by DV_Potatobaiter

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

DESIGHNED??? wth?!?!?

Ummm,  ya dude.  The ideafor Bismark to be the great choke point against great Britain,  destroying conveys and supply routes,  not major maritime battles

Members
276 posts
907 battles

Ummm,  ya dude.  The ideafor Bismark to be the great choke point against great Britain,  destroying conveys and supply routes,  not major maritime battles

Only a moron would have thought a single ship (or even two or three) would be able to make a significant impact upon the flow of men and materiel flowing to the UK from North America. Like I said, squandered potential and historically irrelevant. Oh and you know almost every major browser has a spellcheck plugin right?

Beta Testers
206 posts
1,119 battles

first tier 8 prem BB

it being the tirpitz is completely irelevant for me

allas by the time it reaches NA il have other stuff to play so probably wont be interested anymore