You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
J30_Reinhardt

The economics of high-tier CO-OP.

53 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

Due to the delay of 4.1 and the craptastic matchmaker, I will be running high tiers in co-op. And playing only co-op.

Why? Mirrored matchmaker. Easy choice. I'd rather have that than the current/pre 4.1 crap-fest while we wait.

And wait. And wait. Oh 4.1 is delayed? And wait some more. Oh holy jamaica round 3 of public test is coming.

How awesome(though that news was after this)....

XP? Very similar to my average due to the ups/downs that the aforementioned PVP MM presents at high tier.

Carry harder? Why? When there's easy mode. Don't want to division? You don't have to.

Economics?

Simple. Run Tier 1 consumables, and no camo.

I've apparently misplaced my screenshots or mixed them up... however..

My lowest tonight in profit was 9258 coins when I intentionally allowed myself to get sunk in my North Carolina(which has been the test-bed).

My highest was +76546 when going against a bunch of NO's the mirrored N Car, the mirrored human atago, etc. Everything else was in the mid 20k's in profits and around 900xp per fight.

Lag?

Non existant. Why? Hell, I guess because half the players 'arent there'. No desync, lots of citadels where they SHOULD be not on the god damn anchor chains, etc. Average damage has gone from what it is currently to over 90k. Part of that though being the bots that don't want to turn.

Will continue my foray into high-tier co-op for economic reasons and further testing, but so far.. haven't gone negative in coins and its a hell of alot easier without a god forsaken un-opposed Haku slapping people around.

Was a verrrrrrrrrry interesting morning to say the least.

• Cool 10

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

I've actually been having quite the blast doing co-op as my first battle or two of each session. (the second battle is usually by mistake, but whatevs) It really is fun to be a super rock star performance wise against the bots. Last night I got a 5 kill battle in my Kuma, the the final kill being a nearly full health Kongo going down to my torpedoes. XD

The xp gains are really weak, and I haven't been paying attention to the credit earnings, but it sure is fun.... except when your team actually manages to lose.....

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Due to the delay of 4.1 and the craptastic matchmaker, I will be running high tiers in co-op. And playing only co-op.

Why? Mirrored matchmaker. Easy choice. I'd rather have that than the current/pre 4.1 crap-fest while we wait.
And wait. And wait. Oh 4.1 is delayed? And wait some more. Oh holy jamaica round 3 of public test is coming.

How awesome(though that news was after this)....

XP? Very similar to my average due to the ups/downs that the aforementioned PVP MM presents at high tier.
Carry harder? Why? When there's easy mode. Don't want to division? You don't have to.

Economics?
Simple. Run Tier 1 consumables, and no camo.
I've apparently misplaced my screenshots or mixed them up... however..
My lowest tonight in profit was 9258 coins when I intentionally allowed myself to get sunk in my North Carolina(which has been the test-bed).

My highest was +76546 when going against a bunch of NO's the mirrored N Car, the mirrored human atago, etc. Everything else was in the mid 20k's in profits and around 900xp per fight.

Lag?
Non existant. Why? Hell, I guess because half the players 'arent there'. No desync, lots of citadels where they SHOULD be not on the god damn anchor chains, etc. Average damage has gone from what it is currently to over 90k. Part of that though being the bots that don't want to turn.

Will continue my foray into high-tier co-op for economic reasons and further testing, but so far.. haven't gone negative in coins and its a hell of alot easier without a god forsaken un-opposed Haku slapping people around.

Was a verrrrrrrrrry interesting morning to say the least.

Come brother, bask in the glory that is thy co-op battles, for you have been forever touched by the hand of PvE and have hopefully seen the promise and awesomeness that is thy bot seal clubbing. :)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
435 posts

Advantage of co-op, is that you have a team that isn't afraid.  Normal matches, bunch of pansies lacking testicular fortitude  spinning in circles at max dispersion trying to hit something or you have a lemming train with a [edited]on the side about to be smashed whining and expecting more of the team too turn around who are already sailing in one direction (which happened to my team last night, most of them just went clockwise and we smashed the enemy team into a draw unfortunately while the whining [edited]did nothing useful in his battleship back at the base calling the entire team [edited]).  Bots on the upside, are not afraid to die, are super accurate, and will even try to ram you at times while the enemy team in normal will hide or your own team harasses you over having more co-op matches played or win rate (but the attitude of asshats is the reason co-op is superior, the rewards suck, and it is just a time sink) but again IT IS A FREAKING GAME, no one cares if you think playing computer games makes you competitive....pro-athletes actually get hurt (carpal tunnel doesn't count for gamers) and risk more chances of injury, [edited]attitude mentality spouting of honor/courage means nothing.

• Cool 2

Members
6 posts
1,375 battles

who else besides me thinks the IOWA and Montana need armor buffing. I mean come on there armor is the worse in the in whole battleship line its worse then an atago and the IOWA was one of the strongest battleship classes in history. We should tell the devs to change it WHO IS WITH ME.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

who else besides me thinks the IOWA and Montana need armor buffing. I mean come on there armor is the worse in the in whole battleship line its worse then an atago and the IOWA was one of the strongest battleship classes in history. We should tell the devs to change it WHO IS WITH ME.

you sail alone
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
648 posts
15,736 battles

I found the economy quite tough in co op on high tiers (Mogami specifically). Mogami has a 98k repair bill if killed. After ~50 battles with Mogami in co op, I found about half of the game I was making <10k credits in profit, even though the XP is good. Atago is better because the repair bill is only 70k, (28k more credits in profit at the start:sceptic:).   

At least I'll start to play Mogami in random.

Edited by Shokaku_1

[B2P]
Members
2,309 posts
7,873 battles

I usually play a few Co Op games to get a feel for the ship. You can make decent exp. BUT credits do not seem to flow from the Co Op.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,320 battles

I figured strike witch would be in here screaming bloody murder because rewards are not exactly or clue to pvp rewards.

Kinds sad hasn't happened yet.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

I figured strike witch would be in here screaming bloody murder because rewards are not exactly or clue to pvp rewards.

Kinds sad hasn't happened yet.

sleep comes to us all

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,303 posts
15,806 battles

Coop isn't bad for credit earning but it stinks for experience.

Alpha Tester
922 posts
5,325 battles

It would be interesting to see the high tier exp and credit earnings in co-op and compare with PvP earnings. Of course, PvP earnings are higher but it would be interesting to see the differences. I play co-op almost exclusively because I tend to enjoy these battles more even though exp earnings are slower.

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
2,071 battles

It would be interesting to see the high tier exp and credit earnings in co-op and compare with PvP earnings. 

It's never going to happen and Wargaming has stated as much.  PvE is for training purposes, they do not intend it to give the same rewards as PvP.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,083 posts
61,165 battles

It's never going to happen and Wargaming has stated as much.  PvE is for training purposes, they do not intend it to give the same rewards as PvP.

I dont think he's saying that he wants the rewards to be comparable (the same).  I thinks he is saying that he would like to see how the rewards compare to each other over a various amount of games.  Supposedly co-op gives 1/2 the xp and credits of randoms.  An actual comparison would show what the effective ratio actually is.

[EASY]
Beta Testers
41 posts
15,380 battles

I've only done 115 pvp and the rest have been coop. I usually only did pvp when I had my buddies on but the teething beta issues turned them away until MM, HE, Fire, etc are worked out. Not saying that in a bashing way we have confidence this will be a fine game once tuned but until then Playing in a perfectly mirrored balanced coop is fine solo and met some new buds along the way. Coop divisions if worked right can help someone grind up a line pretty quick. They shouldn't buff coop earnings in any way from my extensive play. I've made plenty of credits to buy and keep every ship with all modules.

shot-15.08.27_11.48.46-0414.jpg

shot-15.08.27_11.48.20-0605.jpg

shot-15.08.27_11.48.24-0045.jpg

Beta Testers
391 posts
7,006 battles

Dude what? No. The only thing wrong with the Iowa is the bugged super structure that doesnt take damage. The Izumo needs an armor buff.

Beta Testers
454 posts
1,484 battles

Just tried this in my highest tier ship (Pensacola tier 7) Not bad at all I must say; in either reward or exp. Took off the premium consumables and camo and kept over 100k of the reward in profit.

shot-15.08.27_14.28.43-0141.jpg

shot-15.08.27_14.28.43-0141.jpg

Edited by ThatOneDay