You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DavidBowie4Ever

Tutorial: Adding a Signature to your Profile

28 comments in this topic

-Members-
477 posts
175 battles

You've seen some people on the forums using super cool signatures and was wondering how to add your own to your profile.

This is a handy tutorial on how to do that!

First and foremost: get a signature!

woJWNPZ.jpg

You can create your own signature using an image editor software or even asking players on the forums to create one for you.

Remember to save your image as a PNG or JPG, and 468x100 is the maximum pixels size for your signature.

Now, follow these two steps:

First step: Uploading your signature to Imgur.com

1) Go to "imgur" using your favorite a web browser.

2)  Select "upload images" at the top of the "imgur" website.

QvRzZ9G.jpg

3) Click on "Browse your computer".

5hVeHP3.png

4) Find the image on your computer, select it and press ok. Then click on "Start Upload"

gyFmJQG.png

5) Click on your image. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT! You need to left-click on your image to get the direct link to it.

TQlRfJO.png

7) Copy (control + C) the link to your image. This link should begin with "i.imgur.com"
myLPMk1.png

Second step: Editing your forum profile and adding your signature

1) Go to the forums, and click on this icon that will take you to where you can edit the settings of your profile:
3WkD7Df.png

2) Clicking this icon will open up a small menu. Now, click on "My Profile":
UlBN86Y.png

3) On the next screen, click on "Edit My Profile":
6NbsZ3j.png

4) Then, click on "Signature":
jwlGQkq.png

5) This is where you're going to add your signature to your profile. First, click on the "image" button:

oq82i2g.png

6) Then PASTE (Control + V) the link of your signature in the "URL" field - remember, use that link that you copied earlier from imgur.

9iLVk9h.png

7) Your signature is almost ready! Now click on "Save Changes" (this step is important! If you don't click on "save changes", your signature will be added to your profile).

RTnPrbM.png

That's it! Now you can go back to the sections on the forums and your signature will appear automatically when you comment on something, create a new topic, etc.

JLN0szf.png

:honoring:

Useful links:
Fan Art and Community Creations - (great place to request signatures and to learn more about them)
How to Post Images in the forums

• Cool 6

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
3,695 battles

Oh oh oh! If it's a signature you found on the internet, right click the image and select "Copy Image URL" (what it is on chrome, dunno about other browsers). Then you can paste the URL when you're uploading to imgur. Saves a bit of time.

Banned
3,836 posts

meep meep

now can you guys make a guide for forum avatar.  it says the picture but be bigger than 300kb, but then it constantly says "to big".  i had to crop mine so much T.T  you can't see the tips of the ears or tip of the tail now.....

mew~

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

On that note... why do these forums block puush?

Not that imgur is bad or anything, puush is sometimes just a bit more convenient. But on these forums I then have to put the puush url into imgur to get stuff to post or sigs to save >.>

Beta Testers
835 posts
382 battles

You've seen some people on the forums using super cool signatures and was wondering how to add your own to your profile.

This is a handy tutorial on how to do that!

I have a signature but I changed my name since then how do I change the name on it? What program is needed? And how much it is?

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,889 posts
9,844 battles

I have a signature but I changed my name since then how do I change the name on it? What program is needed? And how much it is?

first of all, please don't quote long posts like that.  second, to edit an image, use an image editing program such as photoshop or gimp.

Beta Testers
835 posts
382 battles

first of all, please don't quote long posts like that.  second, to edit an image, use an image editing program such as photoshop or gimp.

my  apologies first off and second I have photoshop is there a tutorial on how to change the name. I have tried to change it but I don't think I'm experienced on how to do so. I spent about 30 minutes playing with it to try and highlight that part delete it and put a new name in it.

Beta Testers
2,420 posts
1,807 battles

9iLVk9h.png

7) Your signature is almost ready! Now click on "Save Changes" (this step is important! If you don't click on "save changes", your signature will be added to your profile).

RTnPrbM.png

You made a typo, DavidBowieRocks! Shouldn't this line say something more like:

7) Your signature is almost ready! Now click on "Save Changes" (this step is important! If you don't click on "save changes", your signature will be not be added to your profile).

[-BMV-]
Beta Testers
941 posts
6,290 battles

You can also get a sig at warshipstats, and use the URL as your signature.  Which is what I did.

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
152 battles

All very hand posts and instructions mates...I do have one question though...some of you are able to upload more than one signature even thought the editor only allows for one. Any suggestions?

[FKK]
Members
580 posts
25,011 battles

I have tried this multiple times, even with the imgur account hosting.

Every time i get a "image too large" OR "cant resolve img size."

Is there a post number ground floor or maybe a permissions thing I am unaware of?

[PWI]
Banned
551 posts
1,839 battles

+1 for a real, informative, non biased guide! Thanks for the professional and honest guide!

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,879 posts
4,881 battles

wait......David got fired?