adiya

[MOD] Historical Naval Ensigns (Flags) in 2k HD

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

160 posts in this topic

3xIPxEd.png

Ship Flags Build 160527

Game Version 0.5.6.0 ready

(compatible with later game version until structure changePLEASE REPORT IF COMPATIBILITY ISSUE OCCURS)

njnuqD0.jpg

UI Flags Build 160527 HD

Game Version 0.5.6.0 ready

(compatible with later game version until structure changePLEASE REPORT IF COMPATIBILITY ISSUE OCCURS)

I know there are some other Flag Mods out there, but I still made my own. If anyone like it, please feel free to grab it.

The mod will be upgraded only when needed. Suggestions are welcomed.

>>>>>>>>> SHIP FLAGS ONLY <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>> SHIP FLAGS + UI FLAGS <<<<<<<<<<<

[VERSION VARIANTS AND ALTERNATIVES]

Basically, the ship flag mod has two different resolutions: 

• normal size (2048x1024) 

• 2k HD (4096x2048, recommended)

each has its alternatives. Choose one at your own preferences.

----------------

The Mod with UI Flags has two variants, both includes historical ship flags in 2K:

• National Flags (UI flags)
  • Naval Ensigns (UI flags)

IsmqnNk.jpg

[iNSTALLATION INSTRUCTION]

Please install ship flags modjust extract and copy everything to:

res_mods\GAME_VERSION\

And then you are all set!

-------------------

To install  ship + UI flags mod, just extract and copy everything to:

res_mods\GAME_VERSION\

And then everything is there!

[CHANGE LOG]

- update to be compatible with 0.5.6

- update to be compatible with 0.5.5.1

- update to be compatible with 0.5.5

- readjusted the transparency of the Pan Asia's flag (for dock UI)

- IMPORTANT DECISION: flag variant in normal texture size (2048*1024) is no longer offered. Please just use the HD version for the best result.

WG did it again. What they've really added was just a single event flag, and mass up everything else again.

- routine update to be compatible with 0.5.4.1

- routine update to be compatible with 0.5.3

- WG PLZ STOP CHANGE FLAG FORMAT SO FREQUENTLY!! LEAVE THE OLD FLAGS WHERE THEY ARE AND ADD NEW ONES IN EMPTY SPACE!!!

- compatible with 0.5.2.4

- I hate WG changing flags so soon. But any way flag for 0.5.2.1 is up to date now.

- added a ship flag variant that Kaiserlicher Reichskriegsflagge replacing Kriegsmarine flag from the third Reich. High demand stuff. Be-warned: no nazi naval flag any more in this variant.
   War Ensign of Germany 1903-1918.svg

- both mod updated to build 20151227 to be compatible with the new FLAGS.dds format since 0.5.2 client update

- added flag of Hawaii (0.5.2 new flag)

- added flag of Jutland (Denmark)

- both mod updated to build 20151205 to be compatible with the new FLAGS.dds format since 0.5.1.3 client update

- fixed compact carousel flags issue, UI flag updated to build 20151110

- both mod updated to build 20151107 to be compatible with game version 0.5.1.0

[DISCLAIMER]

This mod is about historically accurate naval ensigns during WWII. 

The author (me) has no intention to promote fascism, nazi ideology, imperialism and whatsoever. 

Use at your own will.

Edited by adiya

Nice job, but I would recommend blurring out the rising sun in this forum post.

Thanks for pointing out, but I don't think the rising sun is legally sensitive since it is still in use by Japanese navy today. I'll temporarily keep it that way until get warned by any moderator.

Back when gunlion was here there was a huge debate about it and its in the rules that the rising sun flag should not be displayed on the forums

Back when gunlion was here there was a huge debate about it and its in the rules that the rising sun flag should not be displayed on the forums

if it is the case. new preview image updated.

The great mod debate...

Your tellin meh i missed something like that? qq I love historical debates! Especially with ban hammer wielding mods. :trollface: lul.

I hate mobiles... They are nice flags btw! :)

Edited by HerrCommandant

Kinda strange that you're not allow to show it on forum when the nazi flag is flow freely in game. What kind of double standard is this?

I can understand and respect the sensitivity but WG should at least keep it on the same page. 

Edited by RShiki

Kinda strange that you're not allow to show it on forum when the nazi flag is flow freely in game.

what are you talking about

It's a black and red scheme used albeit might be the iron cross in centre instead of the swastika, but nevertheless not the current German navy flag

It's a black and red scheme used albeit might be the iron cross in centre instead of the swastika, but nevertheless not the current German navy flag

it's the swastika and only the swastika that has the problem, it is illegal to be shown in some of european countries, germany especially. it's an legal issue. the iron cross replacement is a common way of avoiding this issue.

the rising sun on the other hand, is an another thing IMO. I've never been any debate in the forum, but as far as I can understand, it's "for the feelings of asian players who has unique emotional resistance against japanese war flag that used during the war". WG don't want to lose their audience because of this matter.

or, maybe the rising sun flag is also banned in some east-asian countries as I am not aware of.

*Challenges authority with a modern Hyuuga Helicopter Destroyer*

tyXOkge.jpg

it's the swastika and only the swastika that has the problem, it is illegal to be shown in some of european countries, germany especially. it's an legal issue. the iron cross replacement is a common way of avoiding this issue.

the rising sun on the other hand, is an another thing IMO. I've never been any debate in the forum, but as far as I can understand, it's "for the feelings of asian players who has unique emotional resistance against japanese war flag that used during the war". WG don't want to lose their audience because of this matter.

or, maybe the rising sun flag is also banned in some east-asian countries as I am not aware of.

It's more of a Korean thing. 40,000 Koreans protested on Change.org to remove the Rising Sun flag from the game and WG added a bonus by banning the flag on the forum but they don't really enforce it. Koreans are known to have a sort of "inferiority complex" or "victim complex." Many may call such a thing racist, but it's been proven and shown in history. It's the difference between 19 Century history seen from the Western side versus the Asian side.

As for the Chinese... well, according to my research, Chinese players didn't really care about the flag shown in the game, to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either ways, thanks for the mod. The current flag mod I'm using broke all the countries' flags and turned them into French flags with a standard length and tiny width. Weird glitch IMO.

It's more of a Korean thing. 40,000 Koreans protested on Change.org to remove the Rising Sun flag from the game and WG added a bonus by banning the flag on the forum but they don't really enforce it. Koreans are known to have a sort of "inferiority complex" or "victim complex." Many may call such a thing racist, but it's been proven and shown in history. It's the difference between 19 Century history seen from the Western side versus the Asian side.

As for the Chinese... well, according to my research, Chinese players didn't really care about the flag shown in the game, to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either ways, thanks for the mod. The current flag mod I'm using broke all the countries' flags and turned them into French flags with a standard length and tiny width. Weird glitch IMO.

Thanks for the explanation, very informative.

The game changed the flag texture completely in 0.4.1, therefore all old flag mods don't work anymore. Wait for the new updates, or just simply use mine. I'm sure it's the best flag mod so far.

The new German tree contains not only the ships of the Third Reich, but also the ships of German Emprie and Weimarer Republik, but they also have got the flag with swastika. Would this mod be optimized for new patch?

P.S.  With Russian ships there aren't any problems, the ships of Russian Empire have the Saint Andrew's flag, Soveit ships have Soviet flag.

The new German tree contains not only the ships of the Third Reich, but also the ships of German Emprie and Weimarer Republik, but they also have got the flag with swastika. Would this mod be optimized for new patch?

P.S.  With Russian ships there aren't any problems, the ships of Russian Empire have the Saint Andrew's flag, Soveit ships have Soviet flag.

The Kaiserliche Marine and Weimar Republic War Ensign flags are not working at the moment, it seems that there are some potential issues with laws so they have been un-mapped from the ships, all German ships currently use the Kriegsmarine Ensign and there is nothing us modders can do to replace only certain ships' flags

The Kaiserliche Marine and Weimar Republic War Ensign flags are not working at the moment, it seems that there are some potential issues with laws so they have been un-mapped from the ships, all German ships currently use the Kriegsmarine Ensign and there is nothing us modders can do to replace only certain ships' flags

I doubt if this is not possible: we can mod default emblem of tanks in WOT through modding a config file.

The same type of settings must be somewhere in WOWS too. The problem is just if they are accessible by us.

I doubt if this is not possible: we can mod default emblem of tanks in WOT through modding a config file.

The same type of settings must be somewhere in WOWS too. The problem is just if they are accessible by us.

Well yeah I know what you mean, it's just a matter of someone either knowing exactly what to look for and where or one of us striking lucky. I've been looking into it for some time but to no avail, I have all the coordinates for the individual flag textures but that's it

Well yeah I know what you mean, it's just a matter of someone either knowing exactly what to look for and where or one of us striking lucky. I've been looking into it for some time but to no avail, I have all the coordinates for the individual flag textures but that's it

I've got the same progress too. I found res\content\gameplay suspicious but still no luck.