Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BBsquid

Elite ships...

14 comments in this topic

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

During CBT...as I recall, the more you moved up the tech tree, the previous class of ship became elite (if it was fully upgraded). Driving New York now, but my Wyoming (and even my Slo louis after phoenix) did not become elite. Did I miss something? A change maybe? Or was it just a CBT thing?

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

thats whats confusing me..all mods are researched but I dont have the wreath emblem. The Albroken and the Ark do, but they are prems.

Beta Testers
15,894 posts
454 battles

Depending on the ship as well, you have to research the ships that it branches to.

For example, the Chester leads to the Sampson.  So you'd have to research that as well.

Members
972 posts
822 battles

Depending on the ship as well, you have to research the ships that it branches to.

For example, the Chester leads to the Sampson.  So you'd have to research that as well.

This, elite ships have everything researched INCLUDING the following ship

Langley needs the Bogue researched as well as its own modules to get elite status

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

OK..so I realized I had never done Chester (went with Albroken). Bought and upgraded Chester. Do I need to research Sampson, or Langley (as it is connected to Wyoming)? I dont do Cv's as I dislike the RTS feel, and don't do DD's as its not my playstyle and I dont want to overly gimp my team. Even with Chester fully upgraded, and South Carolina fully, Slow Louis and Wyoming while fully upgraded still lack the elite. Seems different from CBT. Or Im having an old timers moment...

[LFD]
Alpha Tester
3,951 posts
723 battles

You have to research all the modules for it to become elite.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edited by BnaditCorps

Beta Testers
15,894 posts
454 battles

OK..so I realized I had never done Chester (went with Albroken). Bought and upgraded Chester. Do I need to research Sampson, or Langley (as it is connected to Wyoming)? I dont do Cv's as I dislike the RTS feel, and don't do DD's as its not my playstyle and I dont want to overly gimp my team. Even with Chester fully upgraded, and South Carolina fully, Slow Louis and Wyoming while fully upgraded still lack the elite. Seems different from CBT. Or Im having an old timers moment...

If it branches off the ship you're using, you have to research every module and ship that branches from it if you want it Elite.

[A-M-F]
Beta Testers
578 posts
3,133 battles

No point in making a ship elite anyway since there is no benifit. But yeah, you have to research all modules and ships that branch off. Never got around to making my Wyoming elite since I don't play cvs

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

No point in making a ship elite anyway since there is no benifit. But yeah, you have to research all modules and ships that branch off. Never got around to making my Wyoming elite since I don't play cvs

Dont elite ships allow you to farm free xp? Or train captains penalty free like premiums?

Beta Testers
15,894 posts
454 battles

Wrong.  There is plenty of benefits to Elite ships.

Dont elite ships allow you to farm free xp? Or train captains penalty free like premiums?

An Elite ship earns free exp, which can be converted with Doubloons at the ratio of 25 exp to 1 Doubloon to be spent on any module or ship.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

Thanks for the input, all. Got my Slo Louis figured out and elited...just gotta decide if i want to research langley and do the same for Wyoming. After I thought about it, I didn't have Wyoming as an elite in CBT, either.

Members
1 post
358 battles

Hi all,

I noob to the game, I was under the impression that (like in WoT) when your ship has the elite status you could speed up the skills learning of your captain!

So If I understood correctly, this is not the case.... Is there any plan in doing so?

Members
18 posts
177 battles

Hi all,

I noob to the game, I was under the impression that (like in WoT) when your ship has the elite status you could speed up the skills learning of your captain!

So If I understood correctly, this is not the case.... Is there any plan in doing so?

Hellou.

There is nothing of such nature right in World of Warships, but I am sure they will add some stuff later on. After all this is still Open Beta.

But as regarding to elite-ing a ship, I would suggest doing so only if you are truly a fan of a ships and want to continue to play it even after you unlocked everything. I mean if that is the case, you will unlock everything regardless, but the convertible EXP is quite useless on them. Unless you are willing to put down real money.

Sign in to follow this