Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Strato50

Manual Bomb Drop duds!

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
39 posts
5,491 battles

Didn't see another post here on NA forums so here goes..

Since the last big patch I've been noticing my manual bomb drops are doing nothing... not missing, not dispersed.. exactly nothing. 

Example. Coming in a straight bomb run on a lone BB. No fighters, no CVs screwing up my planes. Perfect alignment bow to stern.

Divers dive.... "bombs drop" sound. No splashes, no explosions, no damage and no hit notifications.

This will happen up to 30-40% of the time, at least by my own reckoning. Incredibly frustrating when you're being chased by a BB or cruiser at the end of the game and you have an entirely useless (more useless than normal...) squadron.

[WWUSB]
Alpha Tester
407 posts
2,197 battles

Dive bombers actually drop in spreads around the center of the aiming circle so dropping along centermass is a crapshoot at best, the optimal  way to come in is 20 degrees off their bow or stern

Members
418 posts
1,835 battles

So the targeting image is in fact a lie, and enclosing their ship in it is not optimal? That's not very helpful...

Members
972 posts
822 battles

Double  post. 

Also DBs are useless until you get like 3 of them, then you can hit things with shear numbers but they are still not that great 

Edited by DemonsofRazgriz

Beta Testers
39 posts
5,491 battles

They aren't missing. They simply just don't drop any bombs at all. Dive, swoop, nothing.

If they drop around the centre point, why bother aligning them at all? Why 20 degrees?

Members
418 posts
1,835 battles

Eh, I've had games where they kick [edited]. Even one fire on a BB can do a lot if you lead with the torps; that way they've already used their repair. I've detonated DDs before, too.

If the target image is wrong that might explain the problem with them. I honestly stopped using manual drops except for BBs or ships that don't wiggle.

[_DOS_]
Members
463 posts
4,356 battles

Dive bombers weren't all that effective most of the time in real life anyways, at least their power is in accordance to that. Same should apply to torpedo bombers too.

Beta Testers
39 posts
5,491 battles

I can't be alone is watching my bombers drop nothing by oxygen onto ships... how is this not being talked about more? 

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

I can't be alone is watching my bombers drop nothing by oxygen onto ships... how is this not being talked about more? 

That'd be kind of neat actually.  If the dive bombers drop oxygen, they can force the fires on the target ship to spread.

If there are no fires...SOL, I guess.

Members
63 posts
511 battles

Dive bombers weren't all that effective most of the time in real life anyways, at least their power is in accordance to that. Same should apply to torpedo bombers too.

Shhh don't let CVs know about that, realism only applies to their victims.

Members
40 posts
523 battles

seems to happen with everything. fired earlier and despite hearing the sound and having to reload not as damn thing ever came out of the guns

[VAS]
Beta Testers
156 posts
10,576 battles

Put on the pile of other glaring issues with CVs. Then if you'd grab that back-hoe, I'm sure you could spend a day or two moving that pile onto the pile of glaring issues with the game in general.

Sign in to follow this