Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Whiskey_Brawler_2015

Minekaze isnt the problem issue is players playing like it is WOT

31 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
2,033 posts
9,279 battles

I see what you did there.  =D

Members
52 posts
1,071 battles

the problem with the Minikaze is its camo rating, it makes it murder on the other DD players.  The Nicholas needs parity in camo rating with the minikaze

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
2,033 posts
9,279 battles

the problem with the Minikaze is its camo rating, it makes it murder on the other DD players.  The Nicholas needs parity in camo rating with the minikaze

I disagree.  The Nicholas already has a narrow band where it is able to fire its guns from outside detection range; the Farragut and other higher tier USN DDs have this ability, as well as being able to fire torps from outside detection range.  I don't think the Nicholas needs a shorter detection range; its already a solid ship.  Those 5-inchers are murder on other DDs and take big chunks out of CLs.

Members
52 posts
1,071 battles

I disagree.  The Nicholas already has a narrow band where it is able to fire its guns from outside detection range; the Farragut and other higher tier USN DDs have this ability, as well as being able to fire torps from outside detection range.  I don't think the Nicholas needs a shorter detection range; its already a solid ship.  Those 5-inchers are murder on other DDs and take big chunks out of CLs.

The nefikazi need only expose the Nicholas to make it purely useless in its alpha strike capability. And the nerfikazi can do this without exposing him self at all. He has nearly a km advantage on his cloaking shield and he turns way faster then the Nicholas and the NNicholas doesn't even know what direction to close on.

The nerfikazi is a totally failed design in the game. Because it can nullify its contemporary DDs so easily with nearly no risk. Its ability to spam torps is totally aside from that.  Any non crazy aggressive nerfikazi player an greatly increase his teams chance to win out of all proportion to the skill required. Only very skilled CV play can counter them effectively.

Beta Testers
13 posts
625 battles

The nefikazi need only expose the Nicholas to make it purely useless in its alpha strike capability. And the nerfikazi can do this without exposing him self at all. He has nearly a km advantage on his cloaking shield and he turns way faster then the Nicholas and the NNicholas doesn't even know what direction to close on..

I would be really interested in seeing someone pulling that off, ideally a replay from the minekaze point of view. When I play USN DD hunting for ninja torpedo boat, and something triggers my situational awareness, it's always too late for him to manoeuver away before I spot him too.

Members
972 posts
822 battles

Yep, the Minekaze is the one ship you wouldn't think twice about taking into a tier 10 battle.....can't think of any other tier 5 I would want to do that with.

That just shows that there is a MASSIVE PROBLEM with tier 10 DDs that a tier 5 is competitive at tier 10....

[-SYN-]
Members
2,769 posts
8,922 battles

Yep, the Minekaze is the one ship you wouldn't think twice about taking into a tier 10 battle.....can't think of any other tier 5 I would want to do that with.

Actually, yeah you would, minekaze would fare just as miseraby as any high Tier DD due to the plethora of aircraft running around ruining your stealth. CV's have thoroughly ensured that DD's are an ineffective class at high tiers
Edited by ryuukei8569

Sign in to follow this