You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THE_L0VE_B0AT

0.4.1 Minekaze nerf inbound, USN DD buffs

36 comments in this topic

Members
77 posts
576 battles

Still love my Mine, nerfs and all.  I racked up a Confederate with her last night on the new Solomon Islands map, and had a few great and one crap match in her.

I'd stated earlier in this thread that I'd abandoned the 10km torps before the patch, so dealing with the detection range increase was the only adjustment needed.  I will say that I miss the extra ninja cloaking field (got detected more than a few times on torp runs), but overall it's still a seal-clubber due to normally being the top-tier in the matchup.

I'm also near-amazed at how much more effective I am in it after grinding to T6 in USN DDs.  If you haven't used the USN line, I highly recommend it as you will never take your IJN detection and torpedo ranges for granted again, and it also helped me understand when to abandon stealth and close in for the kill.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,777 posts
6,802 battles

Got 4 kills in a match yesterday in my Minekaze. Seems to be the same. Slightly larger detection but the 7km Torps are as good as ever for takedowns.

Beta Testers
298 posts

I had played the Minekaze exclusively with the 10 k torpedoes.  Playing it now in 0.4.1 is fine.   It's different but still good.

Getting gun kills is easier as you can dodge and the guns can get back on target.

The final detection range is 6.0.  That works with the 7.0 torpedo range.   The faster torpedoes are wicked, hard to avoid.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.

Beta Testers
1,883 posts
10,762 battles

I think the faster gun traverse speeds on Minekaze and Mutsuki had effectively nerfed Isokaze. Isokaze gets matched up with the 2 ships a lot and now it has to deal with not only the USN DDs, but also faster guns in the 2 IJN ones.

[TF_3]
Beta Testers
405 posts

Yep I was keepinhg mine, but they turned it into a baby ruth bar on water....not happy.

[INTEL]
Members
6,891 posts
27,611 battles

I have been using Minekaze's 7km faster torps, since the nerf was announces weeks ago. I like them. Harder to evade. Even with the concealment slight nerf, it is very playable. Guns suck, but torps are still much better than USN DDs. If you do well on Isokaze, you can do well in the 0.4.1 Minekaze. Mutsuki I don't have so I can't say.

[I-4-I]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,224 battles

I have been using Minekaze's 7km faster torps, since the nerf was announces weeks ago. I like them. Harder to evade. Even with the concealment slight nerf, it is very playable. Guns suck, but torps are still much better than USN DDs. If you do well on Isokaze, you can do well in the 0.4.1 Minekaze. Mutsuki I don't have so I can't say.

Nice approach but completely inaccurate.  Post nerf the Minekaze is now even less the useful than the Mutsuki which was totally useless before.  You are easily spotted by the typical Destroyer killing Cruisers with their upgrades and dispatched before you can fire a shot.  10 battles and not one kill or even damage and rudder and prop shot out within minutes in both Minekaze and Mutsuki.  WG is clearly going down the WOT path with this games as well.  Never have I seen a game developer that takes this continual bait and switch approach.

Members
707 posts
4,776 battles

Nice approach but completely inaccurate.  Post nerf the Minekaze is now even less the useful than the Mutsuki which was totally useless before.  You are easily spotted by the typical Destroyer killing Cruisers with their upgrades and dispatched before you can fire a shot.  10 battles and not one kill or even damage and rudder and prop shot out within minutes in both Minekaze and Mutsuki.  WG is clearly going down the WOT path with this games as well.  Never have I seen a game developer that takes this continual bait and switch approach.

With the faster rudder times too it's never been easier for BBs to dodge torps now. I mean, it doesn't change anything for BB drivers who never WASD but for those who do, they were difficult to hit with torps before, now it's downright impossible. 

Have had a few matches with my Clemson and Nicholas where I launched full 12-torp salvo at a T4/T5 BB at less than 4 km at their full broadsides and had the BBs successfully evade everything. 

Beta Testers
167 posts

With the faster rudder times too it's never been easier for BBs to dodge torps now. I mean, it doesn't change anything for BB drivers who never WASD but for those who do, they were difficult to hit with torps before, now it's downright impossible. 

Have had a few matches with my Clemson and Nicholas where I launched full 12-torp salvo at a T4/T5 BB at less than 4 km at their full broadsides and had the BBs successfully evade everything. 

I heard the rudder shift time 'buff' that all ships got was them actually fixing a display bug. The rudder shift times were the same in 4.0, they just weren't displayed correctly.

If the battleships saw you launching at 4km, it's not a big surprise they could evade. While they are zoomed in on you they can see your little torpedo tubes turning and the splash when you fire the torpedoes. Makes it easy to know when to start turning, and at 4km, they have just enough time to make a 90 degree turn.

[I-4-I]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,224 battles

I heard the rudder shift time 'buff' that all ships got was them actually fixing a display bug. The rudder shift times were the same in 4.0, they just weren't displayed correctly.

If the battleships saw you launching at 4km, it's not a big surprise they could evade. While they are zoomed in on you they can see your little torpedo tubes turning and the splash when you fire the torpedoes. Makes it easy to know when to start turning, and at 4km, they have just enough time to make a 90 degree turn.

The rudder shift buff for BBs was a bit of an issue at first, but with Minekaze's low detection and 10k 610mm torps you could reasonably get a BB that was otherwise engaged.  Now though you are detected right away and while some say the 533mm torps are fine because they are faster, I say good luck.  Your are detected and a snack for every Cleveland, Atlanta and rapid fire US DD while the BB is already turning away and not to mention the lower damage of the 533 torps.  Same philosophy as WOT when players are very happy with a vehicle and those that play against it complain continually.  The nerf hammer is lowered.  WG="was good"

Beta Testers
19 posts
2,573 battles

Just a small matter of when the change occurred.  It's still a recent nerf on destroyers, one of a long line of nerfs.  Especially when combined with the improved short range accuracy on guns.  As you stated, torpedoes launched from 4km away are avoidable, and it's become suicidal to get closer. That accuracy buff is a major nerf on US destroyers.  Overall, it means I have to disagree with the name of this thread.  US destroyer buffs?  It's a net nerf, again.
Edited by Alkibiades