Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fazar

How do you Carrier with Stacked Opponents?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
25 posts
1,339 battles

This is a big thing I don't really see mentioned that I could find.  I've dabbled in a few plays and it seems really really easy(easier than being low tier ship in a high tier game) to be shut down almost entirely in a match as a carrier if the match maker throws stiff Fighter Superiority against you.

A common scenario is my Hosho running into say two Langleys or even a Bogue and something else (and Im a solo carrier).  The stronger American fighters, plus just more of them allows them to shut down the rest of the map so I can't even really send out a bomber squadron without just losing it.  What can I do to fix this?

Members
972 posts
822 battles

Well When i play my Bogue or Zuiho on strike package, what i do, i keep my planes flying over Clevelands/Atlantas, basically AA platforms. I try and bait enemy planes into allied AA fire or wait till Cleveland (or whatever AA platform I'm using) closes in on an enemy which shortens the time that my planes are vulnerable. Only option i can think of.

In AlfaTesters
1,242 posts
1,024 battles

Pray then just try to watch where your planes are heading and keep them away from big groups. Use the edges to try and find thier CV and kill them.

• Cool 1

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Border hug them across all edges of the map.  Then hit the enemy CV from behind.

Or so I've heard.

Personally, I just stick with the group to contribute AA.  Planes remain in hangar until further notice.  Without planes in the air, I can devote all my mental resources to keeping with the group and dodging enemy torpedoes.  And in those moments when the enemy CV's fighters are far away, I can stealth launch a raid on the enemy.

Plan B is to scramble everything...then hide them in a corner of the map until, again, the enemy fighters are far away.  These are suicide missions, because you're expecting your planes to be intercepted on their way back.  So you'd better make the raid count.

Edited by Misniso

Alpha Tester
460 posts
1,739 battles

They are supposed to fix it with the next update in Testing right now

Same Tier CVs only and same number per side

Sign in to follow this