Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WhimsicalPacifist

Price Per Torpedo

5 comments in this topic

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
575 posts
3,843 battles

For any masochist who went high up the IJN DD line, can you answer what the cost per torpedo at tiers 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are respectively?

I would like to find out which tier nets the most profit and also how painful the line might be.

Alpha Tester
3,941 posts
41 battles

i don't think shells/torps cost anything at this moment, unless they changed that with today's update.

[CJN]
[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
6,546 battles

There has always been an ammo charge along with repair. I think I last calculated that firing 1 turret is 60 credits in my New York. Have to do it again

Beta Testers
1 post
824 battles

Don't, stay at iIsokaze or Minekaze. You get negligible profit starting from Mutsuki, price of torp is negligible but thanks to

(2x3 torpedoes is giving you no control in enemy motion)

and

(57knots giving enemy about 20seconds to react)

and

(almost 300-500m spread between torp at 8km)

I can pronounce your probability of enemy taking torp is between 1.42% and 8% launching at 9km and 6km

(based on actual experience of butt hurting grind and a thousand of torpedo launches)

Even better just bail the **** out and go down the CV line.

oh almost forgot, your chances of hitting a cruiser with torp is 0.1% at 9km and 2% at 6km

Edited by So_Glorious_Much_Honor

Members
3 posts
2,866 battles

I can give a little info on the Mutsuki, tier 6.  Contrary to So_Glorious_much...'s estimates for hit ratio, I'm at 14% hit ratio on Mutsuki torpedoes after 43 battles versus my roughly 9% hit ratio with minekaze and isokaze.  So far Mutsuki has taught me patience.  With longer cooldown, you can't just spam torpedoes.  You get a longer 10km distance to stalk your prey for a little and track their movements.  Most of my shots aren't in the white torpedo tracker.  I predict where they are going to go from the minimap and fire accordingly.  

I just played two games, one good and one bad.  My most recent game I got charged about 6k silver for 30 torpedoes launched and 16k for repairs, and earned a net 33k silver.  The game before that I got charged 6.7k for 33 torpedoes launched, 23k for repairs, and net 163k silver.  Hope that helps.

Sign in to follow this