You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Najuno

Myoko over the Atago?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
12 posts
434 battles

Greetings,

First of all I really love to play cruisers, for me personally there is no class this versatile in game right now (could be that I just suck in all others lol).

I am at this point debating with myself weather the Myoko is worth to get or not. I have all the necessary EP and credits (as well as for all upgrades) for it, but I am unsure if I shouldn´t just grind through it in order to get one step closer to the ZAO. Thus I bought the Atago, because I had in CB the USN line played up to T7. I like the playstyle of the IJN cruisers, even though I still love the Cleveland.

But would you suggest to buy the Myoko and play this with some Atago through T7 and T8 and skip T IX (from what I´ve read Ibuki is really bad), or stick with the Atago (yes I know what a lot of people think when they see an Atago)?

GreetZ Kned

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

The Atago is just like the Myoko but it has a better arc for launching torps.

Beta Testers
12 posts
434 battles

The Atago is just like the Myoko but it has a better arc for launching torps.

So would you suggest to grind just through to ZAO with the Atago?

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

So would you suggest to grind just through to ZAO with the Atago?

I personally enjoy all of the IJN Cruisers so i'd base that decision on how quickly and cheaply you want to get to the Zao. If you want to get the Zao asap, free xp it using the Atago and any other premium you might have.

Beta Testers
12 posts
434 battles

I personally enjoy all of the IJN Cruisers so i'd base that decision on how quickly and cheaply you want to get to the Zao. If you want to get the Zao asap, free xp it using the Atago and any other premium you might have.

Basically after the wipe from CB to OBT I decided to get some premium ships, that I am able to grind through a bit faster (most of the time I play Murmansk because mid TIER playing is a bank to make EP and credits fast). For me it isn´t much of a deal to spend some Dollars on the game, due to the fact that my time is more a limiting factor, because of my job.

So yeah I already like the Aoba even though a lot of people will probably not agree with me on this. I might really stick to that plan and keep playing the premium ships a llittle bit more to get the ZAO faster.

Cool thank you for your opinion on this matter.

Banned
3,836 posts

Greetings,

First of all I really love to play cruisers, for me personally there is no class this versatile in game right now (could be that I just suck in all others lol).

I am at this point debating with myself weather the Myoko is worth to get or not. I have all the necessary EP and credits (as well as for all upgrades) for it, but I am unsure if I shouldn´t just grind through it in order to get one step closer to the ZAO. Thus I bought the Atago, because I had in CB the USN line played up to T7. I like the playstyle of the IJN cruisers, even though I still love the Cleveland.

But would you suggest to buy the Myoko and play this with some Atago through T7 and T8 and skip T IX (from what I´ve read Ibuki is really bad), or stick with the Atago (yes I know what a lot of people think when they see an Atago)?

GreetZ Kned

Myoko is superior to Atago in many ways

superior traverse turret.  rof.

and superior citadel set up

Atago is a tier higher with 2 more launchers, but it pays for this by turning the deck house into a citadel that isn't protected by the belt or the hull.  meaning its very vulnerable.

its easy to hide this citadel by keeping the front of the deckhouse to incoming fire, but if the deckhouse is hit on the side, the citadel takes hits.

i'd suggest getting the Myoko as its a great ship and more survivable than the Atago.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,236 posts
29,716 battles

Atago is a tier higher with 2 more launchers, but it pays for this by turning the deck house into a citadel that isn't protected by the belt or the hull.  meaning its very vulnerable.

its easy to hide this citadel by keeping the front of the deckhouse to incoming fire, but if the deckhouse is hit on the side, the citadel takes hits.

i'd suggest getting the Myoko as its a great ship and more survivable than the Atago.

Myoko have far worse turret traverse( 45 sec vs 29 sec) in exchange for a ROF advantage(5.0 vs 3.8) that will be nerfed soon.

Myoko is a great ship, and I certainly wouldn't free XP past it. Atago is a good ship made great by the fact it is a T8 Premium and makes far more money than Mogami or Myoko for the same amount of damage done(my 110K damage Atago game outearns 130-180K damage Myoko/Mogami games by 100K at least).

Edited by Cpt_VictorHenry_USN

Beta Testers
12 posts
434 battles

Yes I agree to maneuver the Atago isn´t a task for an unskilled commander, since it is, like you stated, a swimming citadel. You have got to set the ship always up to the enemy that they have a hard time hitting its citadel. I´ve had good games in my Atago and the ship is quite fun to play, but even though I like the abilty to snipe with those beautiful 8"ers and get on med distance good citadel hits with AP, I find the RoF a bit on the low side, compared to the Myoko´s.

The decision for me isn´t really a dramactic one, all I want is fairly quick advance to the ZAO. And of course grant myself some fun while grinding to it :) .

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

Myoko have far worse turret traverse( 45 sec vs 29 sec) in exchange for a ROF advantage(5.0 vs 3.8) that will be nerfed soon.

Myoko is a great ship, and I certainly wouldn't free XP past it. Atago is a good ship made great by the fact it is a T8 Premium and makes far more money than Mogami or Myoko for the same amount of damage done(my 110K damage Atago game outearns 130-180K damage Myoko/Mogami games by 100K at least).

Is that gross profit or after repairs are said and done?

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,236 posts
29,716 battles

Is that gross profit or after repairs are said and done?

Both, Atago actually have fairly cheap repair cost for a T8: only 70000 if sunk ( Myoko's 58000 and Mogami's is 94000).

Confederate games all three times: 110K damage in Atago, 

GkFTq4K.jpg

0ty5m4N.jpg

X4XmXYb.jpg?1

180K damage in Mogami

A2SZBT7.jpg?1

tLafM64.jpg?1

Edited by Cpt_VictorHenry_USN

Beta Testers
12 posts
434 battles

I might stick to my Atago for now and just continue to grind, as stated before the few dollars for transferrring EP isn´t an issue at all :) .

If my Kill/Death ratio starts to suck too much I can think about an alternative, but for now I am ok. By the end of it it won´t matter that much because I will have to research every ship in order to advance to T X. All it does is cost some credits. If the Atago wasn´t that vulnerable to her citadel I´d probalby wouldn´t even waste thinking about getting a Myoko and further more I suspect with 4.1. we will see a nerf in the Myoko´s RoF.

[BOATC]
Members
387 posts
15,268 battles

Personally I'd save free xp to get past the Ibuki faster.

Edited by wdarkk

Beta Testers
12 posts
434 battles

Well,

after all what I've read and heard, the Ibuki is quite a controversy. Some people say it is okay and others hate it with a passion. I never had one myself so far, so I guess I will have to find out avbout that.

If I dislike it I just sell it. The thing is, I don't think it is going to be much harder to play than the Atago. I like the Atago and I've had good games in her, but she's got too much citadel exposed.

[INRUT]
Members
402 posts
9,277 battles

Well,

after all what I've read and heard, the Ibuki is quite a controversy. Some people say it is okay and others hate it with a passion. I never had one myself so far, so I guess I will have to find out avbout that.

If I dislike it I just sell it. The thing is, I don't think it is going to be much harder to play than the Atago. I like the Atago and I've had good games in her, but she's got too much citadel exposed.

Get on the test server and unlock it there will not take too long then you can decide whether or not to get the ship on the OBT

Beta Testers
648 posts
15,736 battles

Does anyone know why Atago has a rather short detect range in game? It had a very big super structure and I assume it should be easier to spot Atago than other IJN cruisers.

This means you can first in game with Atago (and you can get the concealment upgrade on tier 8 cruiser). Myoko is going to be spotted at ~13km in game and as tier 7, you can't get the concealment upgrade.