NyxWGA

0.4.1 Public Test

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

364 posts in this topic

I cannot login because it says my password is incorrect, but I can get into the normal NA server and forums just fine.  

Any advice would be appreciated

Anyone having problems logging in because of a password error.  My password works on the NA server but not the Public Test. 

Just go into your programs and features and delete the download. Since you had to create a new account for it, it will be the only one you are deleting.

What do you mean by "delete the download"? The public test game was installed, and in control panel/remove programs there's only one WOWS, and it doesn't say which one it is.

public test in game freezes have been happening to me all weekend. Most of the time it will happen when I zoom in to binocular view. I continue to get sound but graphics freeze. ctrl-alt-del exits the match and if I start the game over and re-log in I get right back in. This will sometimes happen 5 to 10 times depending on survival.

There still seems to be a Transparency or Opacity problem with most sub menus. ie When you try to sell a ship or pull up a captains record or pull up armaments info page. You can't read the text do to the original pages artwork or text. I found if I drag the submenu around I can read it but that is annoying.

Also when looking around the video at times is glitchy.

Really enjoyed this Public Test and looking forward to next revision.

I like the personal missions, (although you need help to complete many, so they are a little less personal).

I haven't gotten all the reward tanks and I am ok with waiting until my skill/ability gets me them, if ever.

What I often see in the higher tiers in pubs is a complete lack of basic tactical skill and ability to take initiative from lower skilled players. With the high cost of maintaining high tier ship it makes playing with them a losing proposition for a lot of players. It had always been a hope of mine that upon getting my first tier 10 ship I would be playing with very skilled players at the top of their game (ha!:great:).

What I would like to see is a skill based requirement similar to getting a personal mission ship before you can buy and play tier 10 ship. Getting the exp and such through tier 9 would be the same, but achieving the top ship would require some ability.

I don't see this happening as the profit motive behind the scope of this game seems to disallow it.

Then again there are no tier 10 Premium ship.

The beauty of clan and tournaments is that clan leaders and tournament participants to a lesser extent can weed out the bad players in order to field a good team. A well run and organized team will win.

Random battles are basically team death matches with the resulting lack of any sense of team play. Players either hold back and watch their teammates die to take advantage of a wounded enemy, blindly and foolishly rush in solo and die quickly without achieving anything, or timidly play the wait and see game of opportunity, this last option increasingly being used by higher skilled solo players as it gives the best damage output and increases their stats, but it doesn't necessarily benefit the team to help win the battle.

Stats also don't equate to good tactical sense. I have seen plenty of high stat players go to a location on the map they think is best for their ship, but ignore the general situation or fail to react to base being capped or flank collapsing or just getting overrun themselves due to a team that doesn't know the map strategy. There is also the unfortunate effect of ego and hubris that can accompany a high stat player that can be detrimental towards achieving a team victory.

That said a higher stat team of individuals will usually prevail over a low stat team just because of the incompetence of their lower stats. But the key here is the concept of a team. There isn't any. I don't know how you can substantively change the game dynamics to increase a sense of team participation without reworking it altogether and I don't see the impetus to do so.

So I conclude just by stating my wish that in this or some similar game in the future the pinnacle levels be attainable by those who show an ability to compete there. Wargaming has shown it can be done using the personal mission method. I hope they can build on that.7_kongo%5B1%5D_1920x.jpg

Having a bit of trouble downloading the public test launcher... If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it please tell me.

Screenshot (2).png

OP welcome to the forums...

Did you read the date of these posts? There is NO public test.  Is there some reason you try to do this? The game is OPEN to all.  The latest update is 0.5.4

There is zero reason to download public launcher. It will not work because there is NO public test. It cannot be fixed.

** Are you trying to use  Training room enabler?

Edited by DeeZee8

OP welcome to the forums...

Did you read the date of these posts? There is NO public test.  Is there some reason you try to do this? The game is OPEN to all.  The latest update is 0.5.4

There is zero reason to download public launcher. It will not work because there is NO public test. It cannot be fixed.

** Are you trying to use  Training room enabler?

you ate his troll bait.

also, why isnt this post locked?

When I downloaded the Test Server game; I did NOT get a Desktop Icon so I could play in the Test Server when I wished to do so. Ideas on how and why guys??

Every time last week the game match ended; I had to go thru the whole startup screens each time. Why? It got REALLY frustrating and then the next day No Icon to get to Test Server. No fun that way !!!

I gave up on the Public Test as I could Not find a desktop icon to get there quickly. My trouble is that No way given to get in / out fast.

When I downloaded the TestServer game; I did NOT get a Desktop Icon so I could play in the Test Server when I wished to do so. Ideas on how and why guys??

Every time last week the game match ended; I had to go thru the whole startup screens each time. Why? It got REALLY frustrating and then the next day No Icon to get to TestServer. No fun that way !!!

In WoW I see my dead ship's propellers still turning after a ship dies. and is belly up; these are not atomic and the power fails when the boilers and engines die.

That is almost as much fun as having a ship doe a jump up on end and 1/2 or more is up out of the water??????? Huh???

Seriously, a ship that flips back and forth side to side?  (Sorry, broke up laughing there)

Medmarine, this thread has nothing to so with any recent Tests. I'd have thought the number would've made that clear. Please make a thread for your specific issues. Thanks, broheim.