Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tedbearsurvivalist

USS Missouri?

17 comments in this topic

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

Why would you want the Missouri? The New Jersey, the Big J was a much better ship. Not that Im biased or anything. In all seriousness though...as has been stated, all four are in the game at tier 9 as the Iowa class...

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,841 battles

ted, please use the search function.

Also, please don't abuse this forum like you did the WoT forum. Please please please use the search function, and keep posts relevant to World of Warships.

Edited by WehrmachtPanzergrenadier
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,458 posts
9,137 battles

Why would you want the Missouri? The New Jersey, the Big J was a much better ship. Not that Im biased or anything. In all seriousness though...as has been stated, all four are in the game at tier 9 as the Iowa class...

I think Internationally, the Missouri is the most Iconic / recognized BB, in the USN. Saw it IRL once. What a magnificent BB the grand old girl was.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

I think Internationally, the Missouri is the most Iconic / recognized BB, in the USN. Saw it IRL once. What a magnificent BB the grand old girl was.

...and the only reason she is thusly recognized is because the CinC at war's end was from Missouri. Big J  has a better combat record. IMO, the BB that was in Tokyo Bay that should have served as the site of the surrender was the WeeVee, USS West Virginia. Met a guy that served on the WeeVee that was more than a little upset that the navy blew up the mooring quays on battleship row where the West Virginia was moored on 7 Dec to make room for the pier at Fox 5 where the Mo sits now.

A rubber plaque in the deck (the original is in the Smithsonian) does not a battleship make.

Having served on the Big J and worked with the Mo...suitably underwhelmed by that ship. but thats just my opinion.

Edited by BBsquid
  • Cool 1

[PNP]
Beta Testers
250 posts
16,808 battles

I had a strawberry milkshake and got to walk around the New Jersey as a kid while it was docked at Pearl Harbor. Being a Navy brat was cool.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

I had a strawberry milkshake and got to walk around the New Jersey as a kid while it was docked at Pearl Harbor. Being a Navy brat was cool.

The Iowa's in my opinion are some of, if not the, finest battleships ever built. In the spirit of general dislike and good old fashioned rivalry, our skipper, Capt Tucker, quasi-officially forbade us to refer to the Mo by name...she was simply referred to as "the other battleship". Good times had by all in the battleship navy...special time, special ships.

[LCO2]
[LCO2]
Members
68 posts
5,192 battles

I have a ships hat from all 4 Iowa's that I got from the MARDET on each of them.  The ships company wore the standard blue ball caps, the MARDET's were red.  One of the guys on the Iowa MARDET was in my platoon in boot camp, IIRC they manned Mount 55.

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,486 battles

No offense, but the Missouri is the most overhyped BB in the world (talking IRL, not game).  It is famous for being the ship the Japanese surrendered, being the last BB commissioned by the USN, and that is about it.  I'm not saying she was a bad ship, but she does not deserve all the glory she gets.  Congress was kissing the rear of CINC by having her be the ship chosen for the treaty.  As many have pointed out, there were plenty of other ships more deserving of having that honor that got shafted because of politics.

• Cool 1

[VEN0M]
Members
41 posts
4,042 battles

premium would be good.

You would be asking not for a kick in the pants then. The amount of nerfing it would require versus the Iowa to make it a tier 8(they will not make premium tier 9 unless they do missions like WoT, which is not out of the question) will make you cry. They could make it a CW reward ship also but that would be well into the future as well. 

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

Na I would rather have the New Jersey.

Actually Don...so would I. But not if they are going to keep the Iowa's as nerfed as I hear they are. If WG isn't going to do them right, I'd prefer a generic Iowa class as we have in game.

[HATE]
Members
77 posts
11,363 battles

I have stood on the Mighty Mo and it's a very cool and historic ship. I think it would be cool if they added it as Premium later in the game's life or added a premium skin so your Iowa would show up as Missouri in game. The posts above have mentioned New Jersey which I think would be a better choice.

I'm sure WG will add one or both as Premium or a skin if they think they can make some money from it. 

[D3M0N]
Members
23 posts
6,811 battles

is it possible for someone ot make a skin for the uss missouri that looks like her modern with the 63 on her bow plz...no camo just a clean simple skin?

Beta Testers
462 posts
6,275 battles

I know the Missouri was picked for the surrender due to being Truman's home state. 

I surmise that if it wasn't the Missouri it would have been one of the other Iowa class BB's due to the large wide stern. The older standard BB's tapered at the end and didn't have as much room. 

Sign in to follow this