Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
El_Judarino

Module opinions for Colorado Wanted

6 comments in this topic

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,373 battles

I just unlocked Colorado and am at something of a loss as to how to equip her. I'm tempted by those 5km secondaries and the prospect of boosting them to 7 (my captain has advanced firing training). I also feel that "pirate fighting" the Colorado may be a good way to work around it's poor accuracy. The problem being that it's hard to force a pirate fight in such a slow ship. Range upgrade seems pretty default for BB players and might be really necessary with the larger upper tier maps, but I want to hear from you if the better range was worth the bigger dispersion? Finally, the last hull has such good AA that I'm even tempted by the AA range increase, in an effort to frustrate the oft frustrating CV's.

So, I have 3 options and none of them seem terrible to me, I'd love to hear how you've equipped your Colorado to endure the grind :)

[INTEL]
Members
9,260 posts
26,929 battles

I just went up to the C hull. The AA is formidable in the final upgrade, everything else is basically still crap. I have not purchased the other modules in order to save XP for the grind.

Taichunger

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,104 posts
6,455 battles

The AAA on the upgraded Colorado is one of it's few real strengths, so I'd go with that.  I don't play CVs, and the Colorado is the only ship I've ever gotten the Clear Skies achievement on.  American secondaries are underwhelming, and while the main battery range could be useful, you're not going to enjoy trying to land shots that far with the poor dispersion it has.

• Cool 1

Members
65 posts
1,871 battles

The 20% to AA range combined with the AA skills on the commander can make the Colorado a formidable AA platform against any tier CV.

Rudder shift time is also a must on most U.S. BB's due to TB's and DD's...

Main battery survivability is a no brainer...

Edited by PandaMarine
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,132 posts
12,512 battles

My strategy is to spend the money and XP to get modules and upgrades.  It is a long grind so I think the investment up front is worth it.  When I got the ship I would drive it for XP to research the next module, then spend a bunch of time in a tier 5 to mine silver to pay for the Colorados researched module.  I also worked those tier 5s alot to fill out the upgrade slots on the Colorado as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this