_Pendragon

Bug reporting going forward

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

204 posts in this topic

Two items: 1) I get credit for sinking ships after I'm dead 2) Just had a match where all my team was killed and I was awarded a VICTORY.  Tried the link for bug reports, but it redirected me to the Russian server and I don't read Russian.  So I am posting it here.

when I look at my profile in the summary tab the results aren't up to date, It's saying ive only played 11 games but its a lot more nothing on the profile screen is right. hope im not the only one getting this

As babyc said, NA login screen Bug Reports link takes you to the Russian server, where I can't even log in.  This needs to be fixed.

Played two games early with no issues, but by 8am Eastern on morning of 9/3 the game won't run more than 5 mins without crashing back to the login screen.  WOT connection also has bad lag, so it may be a connection issue rather than the game.

Edited by 42ndMS

Having the same issue with the black screen. I can see UI and HUD but all background is black. I have only experienced this on the Big Race map. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. WARGAMING PLEASE HELP US!!!!!

I am experiencing this same issue. I am running the game on minimum graphics settings, and every map other than Big Race works fine. I have a 2008 Dell Inspiron laptop with an Intel i5 Core processor with 6 Gigabytes of RAM (5.8 Gigs useable).

This Laptop is currently running with Intel Integrated Graphics, which may be part of the problem. However, as stated a few times earlier in this forum post, I am not the only one with this problem.

I am experiencing this same issue. I am running the game on minimum graphics settings, and every map other than Big Race works fine. I have a 2008 Dell Inspiron laptop with an Intel i5 Core processor with 6 Gigabytes of RAM (5.8 Gigs useable).

This Laptop is currently running with Intel Integrated Graphics, which may be part of the problem. However, as stated a few times earlier in this forum post, I am not the only one with this problem.

Guys with Intel non gaming GPU's need to shut off Post Processing in game options.  This is what causes that black screen on Big Map.

I have been having issues with daily multiplier bonuses getting spent, but not receiving the reward at the end of a winning match. I believe it has happened to me more than once. Has this been happening to other players?

American Destroyers concealment still having issues:

Here are the concealment ranges for the line-

Tier II Sampson- 5.9Km

Tier III Wickes- 6.7Km

Tier IV Clemson- 7.0Km

Tier V Nicholas- 6.7Km

Tier VI Farragut- 7.6Km

Tier VII Mahan- 7.9Km

Tier VIII Benson- 7.4Km

Tier IX Fletchar- 7.4Km

Tier X Gearing- 7.6Km

There is 1 Captain ability and 1 purchasable Upgrade slot which can influence concealment of ships. First the Rank 5 Captain ability "Concealment Expert" which is -10% to detectability of destroyers/ -12% to detectability of cruisers/ -14% to detectability of battleships/ -16% to detectability of aircraft carriers.  The purchasable upgrade slot item is "Concealment System Modification 1" which is available to a six-slot upgrade ship (i.e Tier IV Arkansas Beta), and it is only available as the final slot for 2,000,000 credits. It provides -10% to detectability.

Now let us go through the list again with both modification factors even though the upgrade slot is not available to all American destroyers.

Tier II Sampson- 5.9Km minus 1.18Km = 4.72Km

Tier III Wickes- 6.7Km minus 1.34Km = 5.36Km

Tier IV Clemson- 7.0Km minus 1.4Km = 5.6Km

Tier V Nicholas- 6.7Km minus 1.34Km = 5.36Km

Tier VI Farragut- 7.6Km minus 1.52Km = 6.08Km

Tier VII Mahan- 7.9Km minus 1.58Km = 6.32Km

Tier VIII Benson- 7.4Km minus 1.48Km = 5.92Km

Tier IX Fletcher- 7.4Km minus 1.48Km = 5.92Km

Tier X Gearing- 7.6Km minus 1.52Km = 6.08Km

There are no hull, engine, gun, torpedo or fire control system upgrades that affect the concealment factor of any ship.

There are 2 non-ship factors that affect concealment: Smoke and Land. Hiding in smoke or behind an island will and does affect the ability to see a ship.

After all of these numbers and a thorough inspection of this line, the issue remains that American destroyers are still able to hide their presense far past their concealment value. They will pop on the screen within 3 Km without land or smoke, they will randomly disappear within the 2Km-6Km range (again without smoke or land), and they can move out from cover greater distances than they should before they are seen by a pursuing ship again. What I mean by this is that the destroyer will disappear behind an island and instead of being seen as they come around the corner of the island, they are able to move completely around the side of the island several kilometers beside or in front of said island, before they suddenly appear to the opposing ship. 

This is a bug, and a bug that has been mentioned frequently in both closed and open beta on the forums.  I am not saying to nerf the destroyers and their ability to engage the enemy, but at least make the ships appear and disappear as they should be.

Thanks!

I seem to have trouble using torpedoes from ships.  When i tap the three button and bring up the torpedoes,  I might get one spread off before the window disconnects.  Sometimes it goes to my home screen, other times I watch helplessly as my ship get annihilated because none of the controls work.  It's only happened since the latest patch, which I downloaded today.

Crash: 9/09/2015

12:11:21

unhandled exception and must close

exception_access_violation

oxcoooooo5 {write@ox136/183779776 67.42 used.

3 games played one took 8.29 minutes to enter from battle page. One took 9.58 minutes the 3rd took 10.53 seconds then crashed.

C++ memory dump issue? Im guessing..

Yesterday games loaded perfectly all day long played 10 hours no crashes was planning to send an atta boys to you guys but no joy with new patch. HELP, Suggestions cures welcome but to play the game is impossible.

So when I get in close and am on the attack, its like the game freezes, Cant shoot, launch torps, nothing. the sounds fade out and the ship wont respond. The enemy continues to pummel the crapout of me and then when I pull away a couple of ship lengths it responds but by then its too late...wthOver?

This is my 4th crash in 2 weeks.

I play my Destroyer and sneak up on a CV I randomly crash, I get about 2.5k away and screen turns black and not idea whats triggering it.

But like I said its a CV vs my Japan destroyer crash, sometimes need to reboot to get my screen back

I can play WoT just fine, but when I try WoWS, I get about as far as pressing 'Play' on the Launcher. The WoWS window comes up, completely black and blank, and does nothing productive before giving me this.
sxPxNrV.jpg

This happens every time, and I have the technological know-how of a brick, so if someone could put it in plain English how this can be fixed, that'd be great. :/

Hello everyone,

We've been pretty adamant up until now that all bug reports be handled here in the forums. Thanks for participating and creating a space so rich with valuable information for our developers!

This forum will stay here and we'd love it if you still use it to report and discuss bugs, but we'd also like to announce that we're opening up ticket queues for bug reporting.

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues.

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

• An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
  • Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
  • Historical Innacuracies
  • We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface:

Thanks for your attention.

Action stations!

That's nice, but you should've probably told your Customer Support reps that this is the case. Not that I think bugs will be dealth with wherever they're posted, but at least you wouldn't have embarrassed yourselves. Edited by Harathan

hello

I wanted to report something about ranked battles and i'm not sure where to report it.

In a domination battle with no cv's i fought a battle against a team with one destroyer.

our team had none.

it had 2 caps and without a destryer on our team we could never get any caps.

this happened once before.

there destroyer could go undetected to a cap and take it when one or more of our team sailed out in the open to take a cap we were killed really fast.

if we tried to stop there cap we were quickly killed.

so it left us so crippled not having one destroyer in a domination match and the enemy having one we lost very very quickly both times.

normally it wouldn't matter that much but in ranked battles it does.

I felt you needed to know this before more people got discouraged about playing ranked battles.

the numbers are not great and I have to tell you I love the chance to play with better quality captains.

thanks have a great day.

also in the past 2 days in ranked battles when i shot torpedo's my game crashed

Hey, when I submitted a bug via the ticket system as outlined in the OP, the reply was to close the ticket, and paste a response saying "Submit via the forums" with a link to the forum.

Does anyone actually read these?

The game did a brief update yesterday and downloaded some new files. When I log into the game, everything seems normal. However, after I enter a battle, the game plays normally for about a minute. Then, the screen freezes. I cannot move the camera, follow the ship, or do anything. The sounds still play and I can hear other players, read their postings in the chat box, but I cannot play. The ship moves back and forth, but if it goes out of the frozen screen, I can't see so I can't steer. The keyboard remains working. Nothing else does.

Inevitably​ I get killed and when I return to port, none of the graphic interfaces work. I have to shut down the window to leave the game.

I tried submitting a bug report, but it took me to the Russian language page and I can't navigate that.

Hello everyone,

If you are using this thread to report bugs for the game, please use the MultiQuote or Quote buttons from the original post on the right bottom of the post.

Please do not use the Report button on the bottom left. This button is used to report a post or thread for a violation, and no one will see your post.

I know it can be pretty confusing when you're not sure how to reply, and especially when you are reporting bugs, it would make sense to use a 'Report' button, but to reply you want to use the Quote buttons. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or you need some help with navigating the forums, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Good luck on the high seas! 

PanikMekanic

Hello everyone,

If you are using this thread to report bugs for the game, please use the MultiQuote or Quote buttons from the original post on the right bottom of the post.

Please do not use the Report button on the bottom left. This button is used to report a post or thread for a violation, and no one will see your post.

I know it can be pretty confusing when you're not sure how to reply, and especially when you are reporting bugs, it would make sense to use a 'Report' button, but to reply you want to use the Quote buttons. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or you need some help with navigating the forums, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Good luck on the high seas! 

PanikMekanic

Wanted to report two crashes in about an hour's time. Both crashes happened when I was transitioning back to the Port at the end of a game. 

Running Windows 10 on a Pentium G3258 @3.2GHz w/ 8G RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti video card. Here's the error message:

The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION : 0xC0000005 @ 0x015C5728) (Read @ 0x43490004)

Memory status:

System: 1212649472/3221225472 [37.65% used]

The application must exit.

The game cranks back up with no issues (until it crashes again).

Just had an odd bug that never happened with me before.

Issue:  Screen froze in spot and my ship sailed off it.  Trying to go to map and everything else could not get the screen to move, yet I still could control my ship even though I had no idea where it was.  mini map froze too.  Score counter did not.

Game breaking:  Yes

Repeatable:  Not sure.  First time it has ever happened to me and I had multiple games today.

Screenshot:

8VeuNhj.jpg

Wanted to report two crashes in about an hour's time. Both crashes happened when I was transitioning back to the Port at the end of a game.

Running Windows 10 on a Pentium G3258 @3.2GHz w/ 8G RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti video card. Here's the error message:

The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION : 0xC0000005 @ 0x015C5728) (Read @ 0x43490004)

Memory status:

System: 1212649472/3221225472 [37.65% used]

The application must exit.

The game cranks back up with no issues (until it crashes again).

Good morning all,

I fire it up and log in and it crashes. I do it again and it crashes a few more seconds into the game. I hit the report button in the game and it takes me to some Russian site. I hit battle and it crashes the first time. Second time it actually gets to the game and throws me out again. Any ideas?

Hello everyone,

We've been pretty adamant up until now that all bug reports be handled here in the forums. Thanks for participating and creating a space so rich with valuable information for our developers!

This forum will stay here and we'd love it if you still use it to report and discuss bugs, but we'd also like to announce that we're opening up ticket queues for bug reporting.

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues.

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

• An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
  • Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
  • Historical Innacuracies
  • We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface:

Thanks for your attention.

Action stations!

Something that has been happening to me for a long time now is that - without me touching my keyboard or anything on my desk touching it - the cruise rudder controls will come on by themselves. I will hear the *clink* and my vessel will start to turn and I have to do an 'a' or 'd' key input to countermand it. This happens sporadically. I have set those commands so that no keys map to them, but this still occurs. 

Hi , Sometime i got a big bug ingame . im in fight or just going to engage some one . with Zoom or not it s happen on each! the game turn to Black Screen , turn my pc to Hidle mode and close the PC and i have to reboot to return in game to finish me fight if im not dead!

It s not my video card , all my pc are ok . this bug happen just in this game !

you fix the Zoom crash . it s a bug close to this one but it s not send you to desktop ! but it s close to this one.

it s happen to me like 3 time now from the first day game are rdy to here!

Have good day. and sry if i not give to much info about my pc ... but be sure is update lol!