Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PcolaTy_1

New York modifications

7 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
Members
807 posts
2,500 battles

Hello everyone, I am currently upgrading my New York class BB modifications and am wondering what the most effective modifications would be. So far, I have the main battery modification 1 and damage control modification, but am wondering if I should go for the main battery modification 2 or get the upgraded fire control modification. 

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
6,727 battles

It is worth noting that the effects aren't both beneficial on your one option, it increases the speed that the turret turns but also increases the loading time. You just have to decide if you are having such trouble getting your turrets on target that it is worth a longer load time and the loss of range from not taking the fire control mod.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
Members
807 posts
2,500 battles

It is worth noting that the effects aren't both beneficial on your one option, it increases the speed that the turret turns but also increases the loading time. You just have to decide if you are having such trouble getting your turrets on target that it is worth a longer load time and the loss of range from not taking the fire control mod.

Alright, I misread the main battery modification 2 than, as I thought it would reduce the reload. Thanks for the clarification. Could you please elaborate as to what you mean by what I have bolded, are you saying that main battery modification 1 is not beneficial, or are you talking about the main battery modification 2.
Edited by PcolaTy_1

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
6,727 battles

Alright, I misread the main battery modification 2 than, as I thought it would reduce the reload. Thanks for the clarification. Could you please elaborate as to what you mean by what I have bolded, are you saying that main battery modification 1 is not beneficial, or are you talking about the main battery modification 2.

I was just trying to clarify that one of the modules effects on mod 2 is a penalty, its description has been causing confusion for quite some time. In the first slot the main battery 1 modification is the only decent option and you are right to take it.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
67 posts
1,779 battles

Does the Fire Control modification (in the top part of the screen - Mk 5 Mod-2 @ 4500 XP) that increases range 10% stack on top the main battery upgrade slot at the bottom (adds 16% to range @ 500,000 credit) so your range goes up by 10% + 16% to increase firing range of main guns?

They both say they increase range but do they accumulate.

Sorry, I'm confused ... and I tried to find answer.

[TSG4]
Members
807 posts
2,500 battles

Does the Fire Control modification (in the top part of the screen - Mk 5 Mod-2 @ 4500 XP) that increases range 10% stack on top the main battery upgrade slot at the bottom (adds 16% to range @ 500,000 credit) so your range goes up by 10% + 16% to increase firing range of main guns?

They both say they increase range but do they accumulate.

Sorry, I'm confused ... and I tried to find answer.

They do, and I believe it will give you about 18km firing range.

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles

They do, and I believe it will give you about 18km firing range.

Yep, 18.1 to be precise.

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,455 posts
5,654 battles

My thoughts are summarized in this video for the New York.  Also have one for the South Carolina, Wyoming and New Mexico.  Working on getting the Colorado video done.

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

Sign in to follow this