Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ARedneckSquirel

Battleship Spread at under 7km

4 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,593 battles

It seems a little bit, well how you say, ridiculous how much gun spread the BB's have at this short range. Hitting destroyers reliably is almost impossible, and with no actual control over the secondary gun emplacements there's not a way to really guarantee you'll kill a destroyer from the time you spot it to you dying of torpedo spam. I've seen both sides of this, while playing as a Battleship and not being able to hit them DD's enough because of the spread of the BB guns, and as playing with a destroyer, being able to survive in the middle of a group of 3 BB'd without even being scratched simply because of the spread of the guns. I think WarGaming should look into particularly this conflict because as of right now if one doesn't have a cruiser or other DD nearby to assist the BB, the offending DD wins almost 90% of the time.

(let me just reiterate that I play both DDs and BBs)

Banned
3,836 posts

honestly BBs should be struggling to hit DDs at any range farther than 3km (i'd say 5km but USN DDs at low tier.....)

main batteries could use a dispertion buff at ranges closer than 10km yes. 

as for 2ndaries, i'd say change their accuracy so that at 5km or further, they like they are now.   and at 3km they very accurate (to stop DDs doing suicide unavoidable torp runs)

and of coarse, make it so torpedo planes CAN'T DO 180 DEGREE DROPS OR 90 DEGREE DROPS.

those planes need to only be able to drop torpedos straight ahead, after flying in that direction for 1km!

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,749 posts
4,522 battles

and of coarse, make it so torpedo planes CAN'T DO 180 DEGREE DROPS OR 90 DEGREE DROPS.

those planes need to only be able to drop torpedos straight ahead, after flying in that direction for 1km!

This thread isn't about CVs.

OP - I agree that battleship guns could use a small buff to dispersion.  I don't think it would drastically increase their effectiveness at long range, especially given the shell flight times (giving targets more than enough opportunity to dodge), and would make other ships think twice before approaching one for close combat.

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles

I haven't had issues hitting anything at 7km.  If it's a BB or CL/CA, it's taking citadel hits. If it's a DD, it will burn.  At the Colorado currently.

[BLACK]
Beta Testers
83 posts
702 battles

honestly BBs should be struggling to hit DDs at any range farther than 3km (i'd say 5km but USN DDs at low tier.....)

main batteries could use a dispertion buff at ranges closer than 10km yes. 

as for 2ndaries, i'd say change their accuracy so that at 5km or further, they like they are now.   and at 3km they very accurate (to stop DDs doing suicide unavoidable torp runs)

i like your ideas and will add supporting infomation the secondaries on most bbs are the same as the main guns on dds so why can a dd shoot farther then a bbs secondaries ill give you its a game and to make it fair to the dds they should reduce the range to your starting range of 5k and the closer you get the more they hit. to cunter the air drop issue lets make AA a little more effective and give the bb player the option to mount a fighter instead of the scout plane 

Sign in to follow this