You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rolkatsuki

US BB Line playing experience survey

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
15 posts
798 battles

New Mexico was the most fun.  Colorado is the worst ship in the US BB line by far due to the constantly drunken gunnery crews that only got worse when they introduced cammo.  North Carolina took some getting used to, but overall I enjoyed it.  I didn't get to play the Iowa long enough before wipe to tell much one way or the other.

Beta Testers
382 posts
3,091 battles

Yamato had like 46km+ IRL, all the range is nerfed across the board.. cos maps would be too damn big. heh

Yes but his point is that the USN BBs have been unduly hit on range due to some misguided intent by WG to separate nations by "flavor", with the whole conceit/reason of the pagoda-mast-topped optics being flat out wrong.

Its an insult to these ships. And not just the US ships, but the IJN ships as well. Were they really so crappy in real life as to need artificial buffing in this game?  No. The Japanese ships can be made flavorful without artificially nerf-batting capability of the USN out of the realm of what they really did in real life.

[CVA16]
[CVA16]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
116 posts
13,613 battles

I got up to IJN BB Amagi and would have gotten Izumo .I never got Iowa, North Carolina , Montana they all seemed OK  from a spectator, didn't care for them when being shelled in Nagato or Amagi , Fuso, or Kongo but I held my own , I played mostly battleships and mostly Japanese were the better ships , a little out dated but you adjust . I just got Colorado just days before when CBT was swiped it , out right sucked no turn radius or speed , guns sucked, IJN Nagato , Fuso , Amagi were hell of a lot better battleships, I enjoyed  BB New Mexico a lot a good ship  , can't wait to see how bad she is nerfed   , New York took a while to learn  still no speed, Wyoming was fun compared to that slug South Carolina, but was not equal to Jap BB , no AA   I got to admit when I heard USS BB Wyoming got upgraded and AA protection I was surprised , I thought WoWs  will stand behind there written word , especially this statement they made :........

Arkansas is a shining example of US battleships, with characteristics that significantly differentiate it from its Japanese counterparts. While it possesses a low top speed and relatively short firing range, Arkansas boasts good maneuverability and a well-armored citadel, along with anti-aircraft armaments and multiple primary guns.  ..................

For fans of strong armor and grouped fire, Arkansas has a lot to offer. Its 280 mm (11-inch) armor belt guarantees a significant advantage over counterparts from the same tier, and it has the firepower to match. Twelve 305 mm (12-inch) guns means that she boasts a similar armament to the tier VI Japanese battleship Fuso; twice as large as the armament of its tier IV counterpart, the Japanese battleship Myogi.

If you haven’t played 49 games in the Closed Beta Test, there’s still time to earn yourself the Arkansas!                                                                                                                                          Wow what a surprise to find out you didn't upgrade the1943-44 hull with  AA Protection for the CBT USS Arkansas, so your word isn't any good even when in your own writing. Don't  see much reason to waste time on US BB line when CV airpower is dominate especially when you put ships in battle against them with no AA gun protection , if what I am reading  now and seeing in battles myself you have ruined the Battleships in the game . No way a Cruiser or Destroyer should out shoot a battleship.   think I will stay in DD 's and Cruiser's and sink BB and CV until you level playing field.

Edited by NightStalker357

Beta Testers
333 posts
930 battles

I love New Mexico.  And, at lower tiers, New York is a keeper (Wyoming was not bad either).  I even don't mind Arkansas Beta.  I didn't make it up to North Carolina or higher in CBT, but I can tell you this:  I will not drive that turd Colorado again.  Free exp, baybee!

Beta Testers
492 posts
4,672 battles

I've only gotten as far as the Colorado in the OBT and previously in the CBT so I can't really comment on the Tier VIII thru X BB's. The Colorado is a good ship, as long as your not alone, the sluggish handling makes dodging TB's very dicey and if your team mates abandon you, your just target practice for any IJN DD that happens across you.

[TSG4]
Members
807 posts
2,500 battles

I can only speak for up to tier VI in the USN, but I have highly enjoyed my New Mexico once I got used to her, and how she operates. So far, I've actually enjoyed the BB line in general, and am very fond of the New York, granted the worst I've seen so far is the South Carolina. I'll have to wait to comment on the rest unfortunately.

The only downside that I've seen to BB's so far is their battle rating spread, with IMHO the +/- 3 being far to high/low.

Edited by PcolaTy_1

Members
208 posts
691 battles

Absolutely loathing the Wyoming. Getting sick of being tossed into T7-T8 matches in solo queue with it. Had a lot more fun playing the South Carolina in a T6/7 game on Ocean.

It feels like using a giant sawed off shotgun loaded with spitballs.

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,104 posts
6,455 battles

Absolutely loathing the Wyoming. Getting sick of being tossed into T7-T8 matches in solo queue with it. Had a lot more fun playing the South Carolina in a T6/7 game on Ocean.

It feels like using a giant sawed off shotgun loaded with spitballs.

MM is +/- 3, so you should never see tier 8s unless you're in a division with friends that are tier 4 or higher, although seeing 7s still hurts.  My carrier friend and I joke that the carrier decision-tree for tiers 4-7 should always start with "Is there a Wyoming?".

Yeah, the Wyoming wasn't my cup of tea either because of accuracy and turret layout.  Luckily, it gets better.