You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rolkatsuki

US BB Line playing experience survey

33 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
26,342 posts
11,630 battles

I hear players say that this ship is good then another player in another thread talking bout the same ship saying that it is terrible so I want you all to take your time in completing the series of polls so that I know what a group of players say about each of these ships. Note that this is not all of the US battleships as the poll is limited and also that Im currently grinding the New Mexico, so I set my eyes on what the community thinks of the Battleships Im going to grind in the near future.

Edited by Rolkatsuki

Members
1,157 posts
771 battles

Make a dupe for them Japanese BBs will yah xD :3 Ill vote Kongo 24/7 probably like most lol.

I went IJN only so got no American ships besides the beginning tiers.

Yah don't needa take the dupe srsly, cracking jokes here and there making the world better through comedy is my game :D

Supertester
5,230 posts
8,242 battles

I didn't like Montana was pretty meh for its tier

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
5,777 battles

For them final question I said other. The U.S. BB line I have a love-hate relationship l, the T4,5,7 I didn't really like, I liked the T6 & 8, and loved the T9-10. 

[SPTR]
Members
26,342 posts
11,630 battles

I didn't like Montana was pretty meh for its tier

aww its gonna be my 1st tier X warship, oh well wait it out and play it myself

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

Only on the Wyoming, I'll have the NY tonight.

All I want is some damn accuracy... I swear my crews can't hit anything. 

• Cool 1

Members
303 posts
666 battles

Hmm. I have both the Myogi and the Wyoming, and I find I get more hits/gun with the Wyoming than the Myogi. Yeah, she has twice as many guns, but I feel I hit more than twice as often (at > 10km of range).
Edited by LordCommanderMilitant

Alpha Tester
2,800 posts
1,291 battles

Hmm. I have both the Myogi and the Wyoming, and I find I get more hits/gun with the Wyoming than the Myogi. Yeah, she has twice as many guns, but I feel I hit more than twice as often (at > 10km of range).

Myogi was always pretty notorious for having terribad accuracy. Even when it was the Haku, I remember sailing a few KM away from ships so I would actually hit them. 

[ARMDG]
Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles

Iowa dropped from pretty darn good to average when they nerfed the crap out of it's AA in the CBT.  Can't really turn fast enough to dodge TBs at all, and then it lost 40% of it's AA DPS at the same moment they introduced the tier 9 and 10 IJN CVs.

• Cool 1

Members
449 posts

Why start the questions at tier 6? I'm still working on getting the tier 6. But so far I am enjoying the BB line despite the main gun accuracy being pretty historical, lol. So far each step to another ship has been noticeably better than the previous one. I've liked the SC, Wyo and NY so far and I can definitely tell a difference in them and I do still have all 3.

• Cool 1

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles

The New York will be frustrating at first, especially after having all the upgrades from the Wyoming. You actually lose a little bit of artillery and range. However, once you get that first 8500 experience, spend it on the hull upgrade to the "B" to upgrade your AA system and laugh at the torp bombers coming in. You'll find a whole new roll and quite literally laugh when the first time a torp bomber squad zero's in on you and finds themselves lucky to get away before getting a shot off. Also, by now "hopefully" you have some cash saved up and you can spend them on some upgrades (at least I did as I knew the T5 to T6 BB gap was gonna be big and I main BB's so I saved my cash to spend on upgrades for the N.Y.) This will help as well.

Again, at first, it will be frustrating, but once you get that hull and a few upgrades, you'll start to see the real difference. GL out there!

EDIT: For a quick glance. The N.Y. starts out with 4 AA's, the B Hull upgrades to 22 I believe. First time I saw that in action tonight, I broke off and turned to protect our carrier (no one else was at the time). Made the round and got 14 planes shot down just in my first round with the upgraded hull. Not too bad I don't think, well, that's the most I've ever had in any of my ships, so I'm happy with it, let alone on a BB lol

Edited by BURN_Miner

[HEROS]
Supertester
1,455 posts
5,654 battles

Iowa dropped from pretty darn good to average when they nerfed the crap out of it's AA in the CBT.  Can't really turn fast enough to dodge TBs at all, and then it lost 40% of it's AA DPS at the same moment they introduced the tier 9 and 10 IJN CVs.

Agreed, although she does still have good games when she isn't put up against an insanely high tier CV:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
917 posts
5,154 battles

I enjoyed playing the New Mexico before the wipe. There were times I had difficulty deciding which BB to take into battle when I had the Warspite as well. My time spent playing with the Colorado wasn't bad, it was about average. The only thing I didn't like was that the Colorado had one less gun per turret than New Mexico.

I didn't advance beyond Colorado before the wipe so I can't say anything about the ships above it.

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
1,617 posts
9,467 battles

I think they are average. The worst part of all tier 7 USN ships for me was that even in alpha and beta the grind took a long time, not just BBs. The Colorado was OK IF it was top tier. Otherwise I didn't think they were great or bad. I did only manage a few games in the NC during CBT tho.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
9,023 battles

I voted "Other" for all the ships and "Average" for the line as a whole as I'm only on the Wyoming. I can say that the South Carolina was a brutal introduction to BBs, but I'm doing much better in the Wyoming and actually enjoy my games in it now that I have the B hull with at least some AA guns. I even managed to take down two other full-health Wyomings in a row defending my team's CV with some clever angling and a few lucky citadels. I still haven't found the balance between being too aggressive and dying, and being too cautious and ineffective, but I have at least 40-odd matches before I can research the New York, so I got time to figure that out.

[BLACK]
Beta Testers
83 posts
702 battles

i made it all the way to nc just missed the iowa the worst ship in the american bb line in my opion is the colorado it needs a major buff at least to its acuracy it had to be th worst gring in cbt and i am know back to my nm and am dreading the gring of the colorado witht the new xp for obt but never the less i will have my montana 

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
638 posts
2,820 battles

I only made it as far as the NM in the closed beta. I unlocked it, but I never bothered to actually buy it, because of its reputation. A real shame, because the US standard battleships are my favorites, and the Colorados were the best-looking of the lot. A shame we don't get a version in the game that represents the post-'44 Maryland or West Virginia, with the dual-purpose twin 5"/38s, also. I look foward to the Pennsylvania and Tennessee when they (presumably) get added later on.

South Carolina was the downer for me, it seemed like it was too slow and had too few guns to really make much of an impact, most of the time. Very frustrating ship to drive, particularly when you can't catch anything.

Wyoming, on the other hand, is a blast. Twelve guns makes you a threat to pretty much everything you'll ever face; I scrapped a Fuso once in mine because he was foolish enough to ignore me while I citadeled him repeatedly, and by the time he finally did start returning fire, I was angled such that his shots didn't do much damage. I like it better than the Arkansas Beta, even though the latter gets some really trollzy equipment. Plus, it looks better. Tripod masts > cage masts!

New York and New Mex are pretty solid, especially once you have them fully upgraded. They're well rounded ships; good firepower, decent accuracy, decent armor, okay speed, enough AA to make CV drivers think twice, and can turn well enough to dodge torpedo attacks so long as you're paying attention to the map and keep away from narrow spots.

--Helms

[-SYN-]
Members
2,769 posts
8,922 battles

well, i actually didnt had a too too bad experience in the south carolina, though its piddy slow speed was frustrating, however its IJN counterpart, the kawachi has an abysmal range, so it is just as frustrating, plus i started working on the kawachi later, so it kept getting put in T4 and T5 matches where it was hopelessly outclassed. that ship just doesn't fare well against higher tier opponents.

I liked the wyoming for the number of guns it had, and i hate the IJN counterpart, the myogi, so far thats as far as i have gotten with IJN BB's.

New york sucked at stock, but once i started aiming better and stopped spraying, and got full upgrades, i found it got citadel hits far more frequently than the wyoming, so once i got those full upgrades, the NY was a definite improvement.

I did real well in the mew mexico, not having a limiting amidships turret like the NY or wyoming, yet still having as many guns as thw wyoming, but at 14 inch caliber, it was a vast improvement over the NY. Even stock, the NM felt like an improvemnt, and it didnt suck too bad at stock like the New york.

The current ship i am on, the coloraderp, feels like a complete downgrade. less HP, and the matchmakers tenancy of sticking it in T8 and 9 matches, the WPOS feels like a downgrade form the new mex. This ship makes me want to pull my hair out. I juast have 58000 XP to go before getting the North Carolina and i cant wait.

• Cool 2

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,210 posts

US BB's are horrible below T8...then they begin to actually be playable. I've not played on release, but I've played them in Alpha & CBT. I won't be pursuing them in release until they're given a range comensurate with what they could actually achieve in real life.

Members
595 posts
489 battles

US BB's are horrible below T8...then they begin to actually be playable. I've not played on release, but I've played them in Alpha & CBT. I won't be pursuing them in release until they're given a range comensurate with what they could actually achieve in real life.

Yamato had like 46km+ IRL, all the range is nerfed across the board.. cos maps would be too damn big. heh

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
2 posts
5,437 battles

I'm only up to the New Mexico, which I love, so I can't comment on the rest.  Not looking forward to the Colorado though, stat's make it look like a downgrade from the New Mexico.

I'm also up to the Kongo on the IJN BB line and so far I have to say the US BB's have been more reliable and sturdier in my experience.

I'd rather see US BB's on my team than IJN BB's... Kongo's are good don't get me wrong but the New York is better.

[PNG]
Members
4,557 posts
11,677 battles

Didnt get to the Montana but I bet its a lot like the New Mexico only better. I Enjoyed the Colorado because it honed my skills for BB use and the more I played it the better I got at the other BBs.

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,718 posts
3,612 battles

I got up the the NC in CBT,...

So the NewMex I enjoyed alot. She seemed to just work wonderfully for me.

Colorado was, well..I liked her more than others, but not as much as NewMex. No real reason, just she didn't seem to hit as hard (when she did hit) as the same hits NewMex would get.

NoCar was...fast. Great AA, great guns...Just similarly to the Colorado (And the Nagato and Amagi), 16'' shells just were very hit or miss on damage.Either 300 to 1100 or 50k plus. Nothing inbetween.