You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DrMacintosh

Wows mod

19 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Hello, I played some Star Wars Battlefront 2 not a few days ago and it occurred to me. A voice pack of an imperial admiral would be a sick mod. basically it would replace the current in game voice with a imperial admiral from Star Wars. (if you played Battlefront 2 you know what I am talking about.) I dont know if one exists but I just thought it would be cool. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

that would be a great voice mod. sadly i havent seen any out there yet...

im hoping someone does a duke nukem pack for ships to help lighten the depressing mood of some of these pub matches.

Beta Testers
973 posts
2,500 battles

Hello, I played some Star Wars Battlefront 2 not a few days ago and it occurred to me. A voice pack of an imperial admiral would be a sick mod. basically it would replace the current in game voice with a imperial admiral from Star Wars. (if you played Battlefront 2 you know what I am talking about.) I dont know if one exists but I just thought it would be cool. 

Omg that would be nice, and yes I love Battle front 2. It would also be nice if the Ship Commanders could be Admirals from Star wars. 

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

as far i can tell, no one was able to make any Voice or music mod for Wows yet.......................... almost impossible to mod

Alpha Tester
1,907 posts
12,498 battles

lol any one remember what the voice was like back during the rock paper scissors weekend?

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

as far i can tell, no one was able to make any Voice or music mod for Wows yet.......................... almost impossible to mod

It's due to how unfriendly the file system they use is and how time-consuming the effort is to take the file, unravel it, edit it, then wrap it back up.

There was a rudimentary guide or two floating around the forums that mentioned how difficult and annoying it was to deal with the bnk files.  But it was at least done by some in order to release unofficial WoWs music soundtracks (bits and pieces you can find around the forums).

Someone was originally attempting to create a modding tool to deal with bnk files and faster alterations to them (one of those threads floating around), but the project is pretty much dead in the water.

Edit:  Found two of the threads.  Good luck trying it out.

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

It's due to how unfriendly the file system they use is and how time-consuming the effort is to take the file, unravel it, edit it, then wrap it back up.

There was a rudimentary guide or two floating around the forums that mentioned how difficult and annoying it was to deal with the bnk files.  But it was at least done by some in order to release unofficial WoWs music soundtracks (bits and pieces you can find around the forums).

Someone was originally attempting to create a modding tool to deal with bnk files and faster alterations to them (one of those threads floating around), but the project is pretty much dead in the water.

Edit:  Found two of the threads.  Good luck trying it out.

Ahh thanks it works, I tried that 2nd link you posted there. http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/9965-the-game-music-really-nice/ 

It was nice of him to put all of the files and programs in a single download that allow me to extract the music from the files. That the first step. Now the next step is how to create pck files

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Having looked over the basic wwise program, I'm starting to see why editing is so hard.  Some of the tracks are designed to flow into each other (similar to how the old and original TIE Fighter flight sim game had a revolutionary sound system that continuously picked and chose audio bits to accompany whatever is going on).

The easiest example is listening to the port music; it switches from its wardrum like beat while staring at your ship to a more aria-style version when viewing your achievements and profile, without missing a beat, before shifting and fading it back when you switch back to port view.

Another example is going from the start of battle to spotting to combat; the music steadily transitions with only a slightly notable difference.

Granted, this makes for some really good potential synergy if you're trying to do a custom audio mod based off Homeworld (which someone mentioned, as it does also switch between a peaceful and entering combat track) or some other games with themes and variations of the same core tune.

Anyway, glad to have helped.  If you manage to figure out the magic behind doing the last half (building a custom bnk to replace the original bnk file), please do share.

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I think i figured it out, just trying to get sound voice recordings from shows that I like to put into the new .bnk file. Haven't did a test run yet, just still getting voice samples first

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

We have voices, but not anyone who has enough experience to repackage them. I managed to unpack on my end, but putting Humpty Dumpty back together is hard.

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

We have voices, but not anyone who has enough experience to repackage them. I managed to unpack on my end, but putting Humpty Dumpty back together is hard.

this video give me an good idea how to create .bnk files in Wwise

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

this video give me an good idea how to create .bnk files in Wwise

If we can open bnks in wise I should be able to piece together a potato voice pack

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

If we can open bnks in wise I should be able to piece together a potato voice pack

As far as i can tell, you can't edit .bnk but only create them. That what i'm currently doing atm. I will get back to you guys if i successfully make it work

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

Yeah, apparently wowp has templates. I have al my sound files ready to go, but without a template, putting them together will be tough.

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

no luck so far...........  but I did notice that when i put the WOWS_SP.bnk onto the Wwise.exe. When I do, I get an error of " The project or one of the work units have been saved with a more recent version of Wwise, and can't be opened."

Something tell they used a new build version of Wwise and i not sure which one.......since I'm am using the most current one. But i notice there an 2015.1 build 5416 as most recent but no where to download it....... fail =(

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I can extract the sounds like in WOWP using this extractor.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/34375-how-to-extract-the-new-sound-files/

However, the person only provides a template and another software for creating ._.

ya kinda hard to make it work, if you don't know what settings they saved it in. I'm know for sure it was in created in Wwise, there no mistake about that

can't believe I wasted a whole day on this lol..........I think i will call it quit till someone to able make an voice/music mod