Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TeamTerrible

So, How Much Life Will This Game Have

45 comments in this topic

[SSG]
Beta Testers
10 posts

After being told to go find someone in the forums to assist me by tech support I've been given the chance to view what others have experienced beyond my issue with just getting my game to not crash at start up and then off to being unable to set my controls properly. All I can say is wow this game is worse off than Warplanes with so many different complaints. Granted its in the testing phase but with so many lame brain ideas already implanted along with what they did to destroy Warplanes I have to wonder how long it will take for these people to wreck this game beyond belief.

• Cool 11

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

I suspect 2-3 years. 

Same. Depends on how the decide to implement things and what the interests of the community are.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

I expect a very long time. 3+ years.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,110 battles

Same. Depends on how the decide to implement things and what the interests of the community are.

Or how big of a market for ships is.

Alpha Tester
406 posts
2,799 battles

I think it depends on them continuing to add things, which I suppose is an obvious statement.  The game is fun, but modes like team battles, or the new capture the flag mode in tanks, those would add real life, as would clan wars.  There are certainly plenty more ship branches to do as well.  If new things keep getting added, I think people will keep playing.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Longer than NavyField 2.

Which I also like simply because of the more varied map conditions (ability to capture island installations) and some of the cosmetic extras such as Male and Female Captains, American, German, French, and Japanese voices (when being hit or when performing some actions like speeding up or slowing down).

[RAZGZ]
Beta Testers
814 posts
14,926 battles

I think it depends alot on a few things.  

Will the game become awash in cheating apps that honest players don't use and have a big disadvantage to those that will use them?

Right now the Matchmaking is abysmal and I don't say that because I'm losing.   I'm down to maybe 2 > 3 battles a day now. Most matches are unbalanced and the skill difference in matches can be breathtaking.    I checked on a especially bad match and found better than half the team at 35% or less.   They better get some fixes in quick before alot of people get turned off and just move on to other games.

Beta Testers
13,436 posts
141 battles

Since there isn't anyone else in the market-

"But there's Navyfield!"

Since there isn't anyone else that isn't on life support in the Market of Battleship-Era Naval Combat.

I think WoWS will last pretty long if they don't fudge it up.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Not long. Probably two years unless they can get their butts in gear and fix the FPS issues, the balance issues and MM. 

I have a rather average PC and get a constant 60-70 frames. Are you sure it's not on your side?
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,194 posts
15,770 battles

I can't say that it will never die but if WG avoids the crippling mistakes, and there were many, they made with WoWP there is no reason this game shouldn't have a good life span.

[DERP]
Beta Testers
441 posts
3,769 battles

it shall survive for less time than it takes a mountain to become a beach, yet longer than a mated Mayfly.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

I think the bigger thing will be how balance works out, and I know it will never be perfect. But new people need to stop listening to the "OH BB suck and DD are so OP, and CV can manual drop torps which is OP" and think it is all true.

Beta Testers
555 posts
65 battles

I have a rather average PC and get a constant 60-70 frames. Are you sure it's not on your side?

I got a 1800 alienware laptop. This is the only game ill get major FPS drops.

So im assuming since I do play games much more... equipment needy... that its not me. Im not hte only one who gets mega DPS drops. 

[BB_59]
Members
855 posts
3,403 battles

10 years maybe. This game seems to have a more positive reputation than WoT, and WoT is still going strong. WoWP is dead though.

Beta Testers
3,425 posts
739 battles

Longer than NavyField 2.

cosmetic extras such as Male and Female Captains, American, German, French, and Japanese voices

Those are doable with mods
Edited by blasterion

Beta Testers
59 posts
2,267 battles

I got a 1800 alienware laptop. This is the only game ill get major FPS drops.

So im assuming since I do play games much more... equipment needy... that its not me. Im not hte only one who gets mega DPS drops. 

That's your problem. You're gaming on a laptop.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
460 posts
1,739 battles

MM will never be fixed, seals will always be there to be clubbed

Tanks proves that

Clan Wars to support the interest is what will make or break

No clan wars, no more money from me

Bad news

MOO is being researched so not sure about CW here

No CW my clan stays in WoT except for fun

Its why I quit playing WoWP

I would like to see Free XP linked after CW opens up

That should be long enough to keep the Free XP T 10s out

Beta Testers
258 posts
490 battles

Didn't vote because this biased poll didn't include the choice that I would pick.  I expect around 5 years or more.  There is a lot of potential here.

Members
5 posts
4,884 battles

After being told to go find someone in the forums to assist me by tech support I've been given the chance to view what others have experienced beyond my issue with just getting my game to not crash at start up and then off to being unable to set my controls properly. All I can say is wow this game is worse off than Warplanes with so many different complaints. Granted its in the testing phase but with so many lame brain ideas already implanted along with what they did to destroy Warplanes I have to wonder how long it will take for these people to wreck this game beyond belief.

Are you kidding? WoWS is already so much more fun than awful warplanes....

Sign in to follow this