Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fireball_XL5

invisible Capital ships

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
70 posts
6,972 battles

ship detection has a few bugs. I am in my Arkansas heading straight for a Carrier who is broadside to me at just 8 kilometre. We are on open ocean and there are no DD's to make a smoke screen so why did he keep disappearing. That's just crazy, I should shoot my lookouts.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

You should check the Carrier's concealment stat.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

Two things:

1. Which carrier? The Hosho, for example, is only visible by ship from within 7.9km.
  2. Do you have replays enabled? If you believe you've found a bug, please upload your replay and link it in your bug report.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,193 posts
15,767 battles

I had a Wyoming disappear at 10 Km last night and even if he had camo and concealment expert he was still in detectability range. It was partially behind an island which does seem to provide its own concealment factor though. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

I had a Wyoming disappear at 10 Km last night and even if he had camo and concealment expert he was still in detectability range. It was partially behind an island which does seem to provide its own concealment factor though. 

Yeah there's some generalizations insofar as losing ships behind islands where the islands are short enough that you would still see it from the observation deck of your own ship.

Sign in to follow this