Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
409 posts

So... last night I thought I'd begin grinding for the US CVs, 'cus 'Merica. And fighter spam.

Obviously, that means heading down the dark and thorny path of early tier US BBs first - so I puckered up my butt and set forth in a stock South Carolina, expecting the worst.

I hate to say it though guys... I appear to be having fun in this chubby little short-sighted rowboat.

n3CfoW8.jpg

NRqKylN.jpg

(That's not a one-off result by the way, I've pulled off similar damage a couple of times in her.)

Her dispersion seems to be a whole world better than that of the Kawaii-chi and Myogi and for the first time since 4.0 arrived, I'm hitting consistent citadels against other BBs and even that little hellspawn St Louis. Huzzah!

So I must ask - is anyone else having these kind of results, or have I simply been sacrificing my goats to the correct God?

If she is indeed a good ship, perhaps we should keep this to ourselves? I feel the shadow of the nerfbat already...:hiding:

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

Nope. I have always like the Kiwi, and the South Carolina isn't bad either in my book. Learning the "right" lead and where to shoot is a big thing with them. I have even downed tier 4 and 5 cruisers with the usually "Granitebeard is a hacker 'cause he one savloved me!!" that follows when i score 2 or 3 cit-hits at a time

[-APE-]
Beta Testers
290 posts
254 battles

So you had a couple good rounds and you are trying to say they are not broken? 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
409 posts

Granted, I've only had about twelve games total in her thus far, but you fire your main battery on average... ten to twenty (?) times in a decent match and every time I've let loose on someone (assuming my aim was right) I've hit where I was intending to, and a side-on BB is pretty much guaranteed to earn himself a citadel. That's a damn sight better than the other four BBs I've played so far in this patch (Myogi, Warspite, Kawachi and Ark Beta) and as a result I'm very much enjoying myself.

I was in no way suggesting the dispersion on the other BBs is fine, I've seen myself how bad they can be.

[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
5,060 battles

For defeating cruisers, there is nothing better than the alpha damage caused by a battleship. I deleted so many cruisers from near full to full health across tiers 5 and 6 I could drink a cup full of cruiser tears. 

Sure, occasionally I got burnt down, and in most cases I rightfully deserved it. But. with careful shooting and good maneuvering, cruisers mean nothing. With a cruiser for defense against DDs and aircraft, there's not much anyone can honestly do against a battleship. 

Granted, at the low tiers its wildly different but by t5 you should know where to hit ships, and your guns should be accurate enough to hit those soft spots. 5 and 6 are where your skill should be meeting the ships ability to show it. I was awful in the SoCar and Wyoming, but I'm starting to flourish (damage and kills wise) in my New York and New Mex. 

So, in my opinion if ShimakazeCat is doing fantastic in BBs at the start, it's only going to get better from there IMO

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,421 posts
2,511 battles

I like its power in early tiers. However it has to show a ton of its broadside to fire all guns and the St.Louis really overshadows it.

Beta Testers
29 posts
456 battles

I've never really had a problem with the SC, I think most of the flack it gets is because people jump into it after the cruiser line and can't handle the switch/bother to learn.

[-APE-]
Beta Testers
290 posts
254 battles

Granted, I've only had about twelve games total in her thus far, but you fire your main battery on average... ten to twenty (?) times in a decent match and every time I've let loose on someone (assuming my aim was right) I've hit where I was intending to, and a side-on BB is pretty much guaranteed to earn himself a citadel. That's a damn sight better than the other four BBs I've played so far in this patch (Myogi, Warspite, Kawachi and Ark Beta) and as a result I'm very much enjoying myself.

I was in no way suggesting the dispersion on the other BBs is fine, I've seen myself how bad they can be.

For defeating cruisers, there is nothing better than the alpha damage caused by a battleship. I deleted so many cruisers from near full to full health across tiers 5 and 6 I could drink a cup full of cruiser tears. 

Sure, occasionally I got burnt down, and in most cases I rightfully deserved it. But. with careful shooting and good maneuvering, cruisers mean nothing. With a cruiser for defense against DDs and aircraft, there's not much anyone can honestly do against a battleship. 

Granted, at the low tiers its wildly different but by t5 you should know where to hit ships, and your guns should be accurate enough to hit those soft spots. 5 and 6 are where your skill should be meeting the ships ability to show it. I was awful in the SoCar and Wyoming, but I'm starting to flourish (damage and kills wise) in my New York and New Mex. 

So, in my opinion if ShimakazeCat is doing fantastic in BBs at the start, it's only going to get better from there IMO

I am well aware of what BB's can and can not do.

Here are my Wyoming stats.

Edited by Handies

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,518 battles

Its worse getting to the Japanese CVs as the two Japanese battleships suck but oh the rewards when you get there.

EA3dhww.jpg

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

It isn't broken. It's terrible in certain situations, but on the maps you get in tier three you don't see those situations a lot. It eats cruisers for dinner, and usually those are what fill up the low-tier games. My SC averaged 47k damage over seven battles, whereas my Wyoming averaged almost 7k less over eight.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,670 battles

That is because everything is pretty balance at low tier.

Sign in to follow this