Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tachnechdorus

Rehire GUNLION !!!!!!!!!!

52 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

I personally believe that in order to have a normal relation again with us on-line players , You folks that run and control this  War gamming company should in good faith (REHIRE) Gunlion , I for one liked the way he took care of us the customers and was at the very least honest with us which is rear in todays business world. I enjoyed his company and relationship with us the Customer's......    

• Cool 24

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

Wasn't he fired for saying something completely true? I can't remember what it was for.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

So it's been confirmed that he was fired?

Resign/fire, doesn't really matter. Fact of the matter is he's no longer with WG.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,015 posts
464 battles

So it's been confirmed that he was fired?

Yes Nyx_WGA confirmed it in a post responding to a thread saying that Gunlion deserved a pay raise after others said he was fired.

Beta Testers
1,400 posts
262 battles

Because the Humble Bundle FAQ was not updated in time with WG's decision to not have the Murmansk Bundle transfer over to CBT it resulted in the fiasco. So WG had Gunlion take the blame.

Though technically ArdRaeiss as he was apart of the fiasco should of also been made to resign. Or the person who gave both Gunlion and ArdRaeiss the wrong information should of been made to resign.

• Cool 2

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

Was he ever fired?  There needs to be news for that.

Its on a need to know basis, and we don't need to know.

[W-G]
Beta Testers
626 posts
7,445 battles

Make this a poll. see how many agree

I second this

Its on a need to know basis, and we don't need to know.

I, and many others, would beg to differ.

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

I second this

I, and many others, would beg to differ.

Honestly, who's business is it besides the employer and employee. We can speculate all we want. The fact is they've moved on, so should you.

Edit: Besides, there was a post stating he no longer is apart of WG. Most likely was given the option to resign or be fired. What else do we need to know?

Edited by Morpheus29

Members
972 posts
822 battles

Honestly, who's business is it besides the employer and employee. We can speculate all we want. The fact is they've moved on, so should you.

Edit: Besides, there was a post stating he no longer is apart of WG. Most likely was given the option to resign or be fired. What else do we need to know?

thats a bad way to see things, when an employee is making your company look good, you dont go off and find a way to fire him lol

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,526 battles

Why everyone is under that impression when I hold my mouse over his name shows he was online today at 3:45

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Incoming lock.........

Beta Testers
15,669 posts
4,714 battles

Would he even want to come back though? He was always the front man, always took alot of blame. Left out to dry. We don't know if he quit or was fired. If he was fired, I doubt he would want to come back to a company that just fired him after using him for so long. If he quit, unless he is striking out on job applications I doubt he would want to come back to wargaming after everything,

Beta Testers
115 posts
56 battles

Why do so many assume he was fired? He very well may have left of his own accord after getting torched by all the HB complaints directed at him in the aftermath. A lot of threads and posts were directly aimed at him. A lot! 

Alpha Tester
1,472 posts
1,030 battles

Why do so many assume he was fired? He very well may have left of his own accord after getting torched by all the HB complaints directed at him in the aftermath. A lot of threads and posts were directly aimed at him. A lot! 

Yeah... that was what I feared the most at the time. People held it against Gunlion.
  • Cool 1

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Sadly Gunlion got thrown under the bus by WG because he was the one who started the post which confirmed WG would give back the humble bundle after OBT started. Undoubtedly he got the information from someone in management and just relayed it, but since he was the face of a promise made that WG probably miscommunicated, he was likely sacrificed for WG to save face. I'm not sure how many felt he was responsible, but I think most of us have enough sense to know he was only a messenger and didn't make the decision to approve or renege on the promise.

I hope he rebounds quickly as I'm sure Wg is not that great a company in which to be an employee. Given the whole debacle, I'll never trust any special or promo WG advertises and frankly I relish the irony that the last dollar I will ever spend on this game to get the bundle WG didn't even get a portion of it.

Fair winds and smooth seas Gunlion. WG screwed up big time but I know it's not your fault and I hope you find something even better!

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this