You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Slavnar

Controlling planes after sunk...

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9 posts
387 battles

How is it that the player Inveteratefury was able to send his fighters after my torpedo bombers, after he had sunk? And I don't mean immediately after he sunk they were engaged... I'm talking about five minutes later he was able to send his fighters to the opposite side of the map from where they were, to attack torpedo bombers I had sent to sink a battleship.

[RBW]
Beta Testers
237 posts
3,243 battles

If he had already commanded tehm to attack the TBs, I think the command would still go through, but no further commands can be given. Not for sure on that though.

[NNN]
Members
2 posts
794 battles

If he had already commanded tehm to attack the TBs, I think the command would still go through, but no further commands can be given. Not for sure on that though.

You are correct. They will carry out the last order they were given.

[-JEDI]
Beta Testers
58 posts
14,431 battles

Yup can confirm. If you give your aircraft orders they will carry them out.

[-GET-]
Beta Testers
670 posts
8,643 battles

^This

Beta Testers
9 posts
387 battles

No, he had not. My TB's hit him and were already half way back  before he was sunk. My bombers  flew all the way back to my ship and landed, refueled and rearmed, and I sent them to the other side of the map, at a new target. His fighters came flying in from the other side of the map, from where he had died.

He died being chased by a cruiser and destroyer, his deck was on fire. He had time, just before he died to launch two sets of fighters, before he was sunk.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

He died being chased by a cruiser and destroyer, his deck was on fire. He had time, just before he died to launch two sets of fighters, before he was sunk.

and give them final orders

Beta Testers
9 posts
387 battles

To give more background info. He was a fully upgraded bogue, and im using a stock bogue with zero upgrades. So he of course, destroyed me because he had two flights of superior fighters against my one, and my team didn't have any aa to speak of for me to use. I was down to three torpedo bombers when I saw he was running, on fire, and all his aircraft had landed so he was defenseless. I sent my three bombers across the map... when I was nearly there, his fire was out, and he launched a dive bomber, and two fighters, but not before I managed to hit him with a single torpedo. My bombers were half way back to my aircraft carrier, with his fighters and bomber circling him, as the destroyer and cruiser sank him. I landed my ONE remaining bomber (lost 2 to his aa) and refueled, and rearmed. I then launched, and sent it after a battleship, because hey, why not, it had no AA. Launched my torpedo, and was turning around to refuel when his fighters, from the other side of the map, mugged my last bomber and destroyed it.

It was obviously controlled, after death, as he couldnt have just sent them on a cruise over to where the battleship wasnt 5 minutes prior when he died... and if he had sent them right away they would have been there before I had rearmed and reloaded.

Beta Testers
9 posts
387 battles

And no, the second my bombers landed, his orders would have been cancelled and the fighters would just have stopped moving and wandered aroudn endlessly... OR they would have flown over my aircraft carrier and just sat there. They didn't. They altered course and went to the battleship after I relaunched.

Members
200 posts
947 battles

You can queue their actions. After planes land, selecting the groups hotkey and targeting something will automatically launch the planes as soon as they are ready and send them to attack.

Beta Testers
9 posts
387 battles

*sigh* Sir, how can he target something when dead? If he had sent them after my bombers, before he died, then how did they change course and engage my bombers after they had landed, and vanished off the map?

Yeah, im done with this game. Even for a beta, it's just broken.

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

There is no way he can control his aircraft after death. He had to have commanded his fighters to engage your bombers. They will disengage the second your bombers go out of range/view. Once they are spotted again, in the case from the BB, his fighters will re-engage from where they were.

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

And no, the second my bombers landed, his orders would have been cancelled and the fighters would just have stopped moving and wandered aroudn endlessly... OR they would have flown over my aircraft carrier and just sat there. They didn't. They altered course and went to the battleship after I relaunched.

Incorrect.

Beta Testers
108 posts
792 battles

If im about to die I always try to give my fighter groups there last command Iv gotten a few kills and airplane kills doing that after I have died...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
201 posts
1,171 battles

From playing CVs, I've noticed my fighters will randomly pick a target to guard or attack if I die.  I think it's a new feature.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

If im about to die I always try to give my fighter groups there last command Iv gotten a few kills and airplane kills doing that after I have died...

This^^

[VOORD]
Beta Testers
33 posts
5,882 battles

Its because your squadron wasn't spotted anymore. I can confirm (being the target) of a sunk carrier as a DD even if I hide in smoke if the carrier captain ordered any dive bomber or torpedo squadron to auto attack me and I'm hiding in smoke, the air group will engage me as soon as I get re spotted.

The same happens when Fighter air groups are ordered to attack a squadron. Even though your squadron was not seen and made it all the way back to your carrier to resupply the enemy fighter group still had standing orders to engage your squadron. Eventually when when you sent them to attack another ship the fighter air group enacted its final orders because your Squadron was again spotted.

Beta Testers
844 posts
382 battles

As far as I know when they get orders then the carriers dies they do their orders then time out due to the command diing so they just fly till they either die or run out of fuel.

Members
150 posts
14,367 battles

Some players can issue orders and control plans after they are sunk.  Some debate if it was last orders or not.

However, it has never worked for me.  I gave last orders before being sunk and the planes just circle.

If they gave us a vote.  I would say to allow it, but allow for everyone who plays CV.  Of course, once the ammo runs out the player loses any control of the planes.  

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,939 battles
On 7/10/2015 at 8:17 PM, Slavnar said:

*sigh* Sir, how can he target something when dead? If he had sent them after my bombers, before he died, then how did they change course and engage my bombers after they had landed, and vanished off the map?

Yeah, im done with this game. Even for a beta, it's just broken.

1. If your bombers are not spotted they linger until they see them again. No orders are accepted after death. I have had my planes do something 3 to 4 mins later, at low tier especially because they are so slow. A good cV will spent the last 30 secs marking targets to do the best for the team after death.

2. Its not beta, yes i know the numbering system is not western convention, but beta ended 8 or 9 years ago.

Although bugs appear with every patch, as a reault of new content and changes they are usually dealt with by the next patch...1 month intervals now.