Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
codextero

Bots are already here

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,102 posts
403 battles

To the suprise of absolutely no one, the slow pace and tough grind of WOWS has made the game very attractive to botting.

The low skill floor and toughness of battleships has made them the ship of choice for bots.

behold

g4mkYAB.png

This bot spent the entire game far far from any land, he autopiloted to cap points, always taking the open sea route, and not trying to take any shortcuts. Did not react when I dropped "friendly torps" in his path, did not type in chat, and spent the last 5 minutes of a game trying to shoot through a mountain.

remember, the only good bot is a banned bot.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

He killed someone? Impressive. Soon they're going to be Skynet!

he killed 2 in same battle --- bet he's selling that bot program on ebay :trollface:

Beta Testers
1,102 posts
403 battles

He killed someone? Impressive. Soon they're going to be Skynet!

It's not hard, cover is a lot harder to find and use in WOWS. In the open seas, with an aim assist, any bot is bound to get some kills sooner or later.

Beta Testers
1,102 posts
403 battles

Could just be a new player. Plus there isn't an aim assist... soo...

new players don't try to shoot through mountains for 3 minutes straight, he shouldn't even be able to see the target through the scope. Aim assist definitey exists, regular players just can't use it

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

sure he wasn't a bot? :)

works for me - got a 50-50 chance to be on red team

nice eats

and as a player

he will never improve if he's said bot

tasty tasty

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

new players don't try to shoot through mountains for 3 minutes straight, he shouldn't even be able to see the target through the scope. Aim assist definitey exists, regular players just can't use it

"regular players cant use it" well you think the creator wouldn't start handing out the programming?

and to shooting at islands, yea, new players do that. They don't realize their guns can't go over them, or just shoot them to shoot.

Beta Testers
177 posts
2,368 battles

honestly, it's not hard to get bots.

Commercial bots(like the ones in co-op, or in other games especially), are just more expensive, and more advanced versions.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some accounts with very good stats, who run bots. Bots can easily be better than human players.

edit: a bot would know exactly when to turn to miss an entire torp spread, where as a human may turn too soon or too late.

a bot would know how to time his shots to get the max efficiency and chance of shots hitting the target within a certain visibility window.

a bot wouldn't miss, it could easily calculate the exact position of the enemy ship after the shell flight time in-game, where as most humans simply guesstimate.

a bot could position itself more strategically based off statistic chance of where enemy ships will be, and when(humans are predictable).

Any semi-advanced AI could pull this off.

Edited by Monarchco

Beta Testers
1,102 posts
403 battles

"regular players cant use it" well you think the creator wouldn't start handing out the programming?

and to shooting at islands, yea, new players do that. They don't realize their guns can't go over them, or just shoot them to shoot.

You seriously overestimate how hard it is to make an aim assist in WOWS.

Also it's not a case of "shoot into mountains" the situation was that he can't even see the target, all you see is the red OTM behind the mountain, the ship wasn't visible at all. Yet the bot kept shooting it over and over.

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

The normal battleship requires four seconds from the time you press the key to the time its bow starts moving to one side or the other.. The warspite takes a bit longer than that.. Then too, some are like me. I know my battleship cant avoid those torps so screw it.. I absorb the damage..

[ACL]
[ACL]
Beta Testers
437 posts
4,819 battles

Bots, TK, and the lack of support/teamwork of the WoT is upon us all.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

While a bot is entirely possible,it is possible this could also be a physically / mentally handicapped player. Video games are good for eye-hand coordination, stimulating brain activity, etc. and some players do play this game with such conditions. some like tanks so they play there, and now ships are possible. considering it is F2P on the internet, this is just as likely. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this