You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dstud208

Playing on a Mac - Dstud's Guides and Troubleshooting

1,408 comments in this topic

dstud208    47
Had to make a new version of this thread because the old thread is locked up in the closed beta archives :sceptic:

Direct download link: Dstud's Studly Utility

While using purchasing a copy of Windows and using Bootcamp to run all your "Windows Only" games is probably the best as far as support and performance goes, it is entirely possible to play all the Wargaming titles on your mac without emulation or virtualization. This is my page on everything that I know about running World of Warships on your Mac OS X. I am on a late 2013 rMBP running Yosemite 10.10.3. It is possible that you may have different bugs or issues depending on your model and operating system. For the majority of you though that shouldn't be the case.

Official Wrapper Download NA: Download Here
Official Wrapper Download EU: Download Here

For other servers than NA or EU: Email codeweavers for it: ports@codeweavers.com
  1. Please don't "share" your download with anyone (or ask for it from another player), codeweavers has been asked to track which/how many Mac players there are. My giving/getting it from another player you would be hurting us Mac users. We need the numbers to give WG incentive to keep supporting it
  2. I HIGHLY recommend that you disable torrenting when you run the wrapper and download the client. You do that by clicking on the little wrench in the top right, and uncheck "allow torrents"
  3. I can help solve issues, don't be afraid to ask!! It is possible however that your issue is "above me" in which case you should email codeweavers and ask them for help. You can also ask them in the first place if you want, I won't be offended. :(

I haven't figured out an "Elegant" way of doing this yet, but this method works, I've just tried it. Note: There are TWO ways of doing this, either follow all the steps below OR create a new user account on your computer and play on the test server in that separate account (so each server is on a different account), if you do this then you only need to do steps 1 - 5

1. Duplicate your World of Warships Wrapper and name the new one "World of Warships Test" or something like that (it doesn't really matter)
  2. Download this cfg file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7nsnX-moNryTzJCWktZZUNVQnM or watch this video to see how you can generate it yourself: 
     (if you don't trust me... which I understand :hmm: )
  3. Right click the Test Server Wrapper you just created and select "Show Package Contents"
  4. Navigate to: Contents/SharedSupport/worldofwarships/support/worldofwarships/drive_c/Games/World_of_Warships
  5. Replace the WoWsLauncher.cfg file with the one you downloaded from me, or generated yourself
    1. Note: if you downloaded mine, you need to make sure that its actually .cfg, sometimes it will add a .txt to the end, you need to remove that for it to work.
  6. Open a new finder window and navigate to: ~/Library/Application Support/ (you can get to the ~/Library folder by clicking "Go" in your menu bar at the top of the screen, hold the "option" key down and click on Library)
  7. Rename the folder "World of Warships" to "World of Warships Live"
  8. Open another new finder window and navigate to your documents folder
  9. Delete the WoWS folder (it should have a little arrow in the icon - this means its an alias, don't worry, your not deleting anything important)
  10. Run your Test server wrapper to install and play on the test server.

THIS IS NO LONGER NECESSARY!!!! Now they have wrappers on the download site for each server cluster. Just download the one you want. To switch servers however you will need to do more then get the right wrapper, you will also need to delete/rename your WoWS folder in your documents. 

If you want to use the official wrapper but you play on the Eu, Asia, or Ru servers then your gonna need to make one small tweak to it before you install the game - if you've already installed then game just go to your Documents folder and delete the World_of_Warships folder to "Uninstall" it

1. Right click the wrapper, select "Show Package Contents"
  2. Navigate to Contents/SharedSupport/worldofwarships/support/worldofwarships/drive_c/games/World_of_Warships
  3. Delete or Rename WoWsLauncher.cfg to something else (WoWsLauncher2.cfg for example)
  4. Download the proper cfg file for your server from HERE - If you don't trust me and would rather modify your own cfg file see below (if so then DON'T delete yours :))
  5. Place the newly downloaded cfg file in where you just removed/renamed your old one from (replace yours with the new one you downloaded)
  6. Go to your documents folder and delete the World_of_Warships folder if you have one
  7. Run the wrapper, let it download the 4.5 gig update, play the game, sink ships, win.

(This is currently recommended when upgrading the wrapper, regardless of issues as it still has issues/kinks that are being fixed)

1. If you haven't already at any point, open the game and change any graphics setting to something other than default. Then "apply" and close the game by hitting Esc and clicking "Exit Game"
  2. In your documents folder, open: World_of_Warships -> preferences.xml (using text edit)
  3. Scroll to the very bottom, copy and paste using the instructions in THIS POST from Wargaming (thanks Zed3!)
  4. Save and close text edit
  5. Open the game again and play a match, in your WoWS folder you will now see a "Replays" folder close the game and double click the replay files in that folder to watch them.
NOTE: Replays can only reliably be watched until the next patch as things change (maps, ship models, etc). If you want to watch your replays beyond one patch then I recommend screen recording and saving it as a video file. You can upload to YouTube if you don't want a bunch of videos filling up your hard drive (thats what I do).

Most of the time installing mods is the exact same on your Mac as it is on a PC, the exception to this rule however is when the mod comes in a setup executable (an exe file). Unfortunately those mods (usually modpacks) can not be run because your mac can not run exe files. Technically the wrapper could, but simply put, things just aren't in place to run it properly so its easier to just find another mod that does the same thing.

To install mods:

1. Download your favourite mod from whatever site its on (be careful about mods from "iffy" sites, they may contain malware)
  2. Unzip the mod files, place the folder on your desktop
  3. In a finder window, navigate to your documents folder and open World_of_Warships -> res_mods
  4. In the res mods folder you will see folders who's names are the game version numbers
  5. Open the mod folder, you will see similarly named folders
  6. Using 9.x as an example, place all the contents of the 9.x folder in your mod into the 9.x folder in your res_mods folder
  7. If there are other folders such as config or xvm in the mod that are located outside the 9.x folder, move them to your res_mods folder (DON'T put them inside the 9.x folder)
  8. Play your game, if it crashes epically then you either installed the mod wrong or your using an old mod that isn't compatible with the game any more.

- Using WINE to install on a normal, default mac (by default the hard drive is set to be case-insensitive). Produces a "can't find class avatar" error

- Using a World of Tanks wrapper, the game runs fine (after fixing the above issue) but you just can't see anything except for the GUI. I played a game, and even managed to land a shot on an enemy ship. But I was driving (sailing?) in the dark.

How I did it (optional 
):

Step 1: Download Paul The Tall's World of Warplanes wrapper HERE (his WoT wrapper doesn't work for reasons stated above). It doesn't matter which one you use (EU or NA) they will both work.

- Download the World of Warships installer from the website.

NOTE: By default your mac uses a case-insensitive file system. If you didn't do anything to it or don't know what I'm talking about than the next steps apply to you. If you switched your disk to a case-sensitive format then you can skip to the break line (World of Warships requires case-sensitivity).

- Open Disk Utility from the utilities folder (shift + command + u) or by using spotlight (command + spacebar)

- Click on the "New Image" button in the top of the disk utility window

- Fill out the pop up as follows:
              - Save As: World of Warships
              - Where: Desktop
              - Name: World of Warships
              - Size: Custom -> 30 or 35 Gb (if you have a HD 35, SSD 30, or 50+ is you want to ensure you never have issues for many years)
              - Format: Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)
              - Leave the last three things alone

- Click "Create", wait for it to finish

- Go to your desktop and mount the World of Warships image you just created by double clicking on it.

- Open the mounted image (looks like a USB that got plugged in), then click and drag the World of Warplanes wrapper into it (from now on you will use the wrapper located INSIDE the disk image, not the original one).

- Right click the World of Warplanes wrapper and select "Show Package Contents"

- Run the Wineskin application found there, select "Install Software", choose the World of Warships installer you downloaded earlier

- Click through the installer, the launcher will pop up and do a short update, then restart. You can choose to let it completely install the game or not, its up to you. I however recommend stopping it after the short update and saving the big one for the end, just incase you mess something up, so you only have to download and install the game once.

- In the finder window (the one containing the wineskin application) navigate to: drive_c -> Games

- Delete the World_of_Warplanes folder

- In the finder window, go back to the "top" of the folders (where the wineskin application is sitting) and open the Contents folder

- Right click "Info.plist" select: Open With -> Other -> Text Edit

- Use the Find function (command + F) and search for: <string>/Games/World_of_Warplanes/WoWpLauncher.exe</string>
   (if you want you can copy and paste that into the find bar, there will only be one match about 2/3rds of the way down)

- Change it to: <string>/Games/World_of_Warships/WoWSLauncher.exe</string>
   (for some reason using the wineskin app to change this didn't work for me, I had to edit the plist file manually)

- Save and close text edit.

- Run the wrapper to finish downloading and installing the game if you didn't already do that previously

The rest is optional, 100% aesthetic

- The game is now operable, and should run just fine. I will include a few more steps to make it run "nicer" for you though.

- Click and drag World of Warships.dmg to your applications folder

- Rename the wrapper to World of Warships (instead of World of Warplanes), then click and drag it to your dock
   (now if you eject the disk image or restart the computer you can just click the icon in your dock and it will mount the image and boot the game for you all at once)

- I found a nice Warships image and made it into an OS X icon that you can use to replace the warplanes one, find it HERE (100% optional)

- Replace the icon by selecting the wrapper and choosing "Get Info" (right click, get info), then drag and drop the new icon over top of the one located in the top left corner of the info window that just popped up. If you want you can do the same thing for the dmg that you just put into your applications folder, I did.

And thats it!!! Now you should have a nice pretty icon in your dock that says World of Warships over it when you go to click on it. The disk image will automatically mount and you can run the game all at once just by click it.

y59Cr5u.jpg

Final Notes: There will be a few glitches waiting for you, or at least there was for me. If you have ocean quality set to medium or higher than IN PORT the boats will be hovering above the water (or more correctly the water level will be lower). Also when you mouse over the in-game settings the screen glitches a little. In battle though I haven't had any issues, and so far I haven't had any crashes.

EDIT: Now after having played for a few hours it does freeze every now and again while leaving the battle (back to port)

This was surprisingly easy to set up. If you are using the official wrapper you only need to do the "Enabling the Replays" step, the others are for the PTT users only.

Optional: 

Enabling the Replays

Allowing the wrapper to run the replays

• Right click the wrapper, show package contents
  • Run the Wineskin application
  • Click "Advanced"
  • Under "Associated Extensions" click the "+" sign
    • In the top left there is a little extension box. In there type ".wowsreplay" without quotes
    • In the command to run box, change "WoWSLauncher.exe" to "WorldOfWarships.exe" leave the rest of the file path and the %1 alone, they are needed
    • Click Save

Making the Replays "easy" to use
  • Play a game of World of Warships
  • In the World_of_Warships folder there will appear a replays folder, in there will be a file with the extension .wowsreplay, right click it and select "Get Info"
  • In the 5th section called "Open with:" click the dropdown arrow and select other. Then find and select the World of Warships wrapper (inside the disk image) and pick it. Click OK
  • Back in the "Get Info" window click the "Change All..." button to permanently associate all your replay files with the WoWS wrapper we made.
  • OPTIONAL: Make an alias of the replays folder and move it so its sitting next to your World of Warships wrapper. This will give you quick access to your replay files.

Now you can watch the replay by simply double clicking the file. Piece of Plum cake! :medal:

Optional: 

For the vast majority of you I do NOT recommend doing this. PTT's custom built engine for World of Warplanes works really well with World of Warships and by following these steps you will remove his engine from your wrapper. Once its gone the only way to get it back is to download a new wrapper and transfer all the files from the old one to the new one (the plist and the World_of_Warships folder).

For the few of you however that are experiencing constant "Unhanded exception" errors or just having a hard time getting it to run after checking and re-checking that you've done everything right, this MAY be the solution for you. I have already played around with this and the game runs great for me with certain engines (I will list my recommended ones) except for a few objects on my ship where the textures are missing, instead they are a black checkery colour. If your ok with that then the possibility of this solving your problems may be worth trying.

• Download the Wineskin Winery. This is an extremely awesome bit of software that you can use to create your own wrappers from scratch if you want
  • Open the Winery, you should have a main area listing your "Installed Engines" which will probably be empty, and right below it will be a section for "Wrapper Version". You can choose to update the wrapper version if you want.
  • Click the + sign at the bottom of the engines window, there should be a message next to it saying "New Engines available"
  • With the dropdown arrow select the engine you wish to install
    • I recommend starting with 1.7.41 or 1.7.43, through trial and error you may find the one that works best for you
  • Click the blue button that says "Download and Install"
  • After installation is complete, you will notice that the Installed Engines area now contains your new engine
  • Close the Wineskin Winery
  • Navigate to your WoWS wrapper, right click it, select "Show Package Contents"
  • Run the Wineskin application you find in there
  • Select "Advanced", then "Tools", then "Change Engine Used"
  • The dropdown arrow contains all the available engines you installed in the Winery, select the one you wish to use and click OK
  • Wait for it to finish processing. Back in the tools section you will notice on the bottom it no longer lists Paulettetall World of Warplanes as the active engine but whatever you selected.
  • Close the wineskin application and run World of Warships again.
  • If it fails to run repeat this process with a different engine
    • If you want you can just install a bunch of engines with the winery. That way you have a bunch already available to pick from win the wineskin app. Its up to you, I would find it cluttery but you may decide its easier. 

Optional:

1. Delete the current disk image your WOWS installation is on

2. Re-download the both the PaulTheTall Wrapper and the WOWS Installer
Note: Verify that you have wineskin 2.6.0 or newer as well. If not update.

3. Build a new Disk Image using the video instructions(I used 40GB)

4. Transfer PaulTheTall's wrapper same as the video

5. Delete the World of Warplanes install

6. Using the Wineskin icon within the WOWP (Where you install wows) Download the (or switch) to using wrapper engine 1.7.44 under Advanced -> Tools

7. In the Wineskin program deselect "Force use of system installed XQuartz instead of using WineskinX11" and select "Force use of wrappers quartz-wm for window decorations and not what is on the system" under Options

8. In the Wineskin program navigate to Tools -> Screen options and deselect Use Mac Driver instead of X11

9. In the Wineskin program navigate to Options. In the field labeled 'Windows EXE' cut and paste the following /Games/World_of_Warships/WorldOfWarships.exe

9. Reinstall WOWS and allow the download and updates to proceed as normal. 

10. Allow game to run after the install is completed. After game has run you can change icons or whatever changes you would like to make.

(Thanks Chase)

Troubleshooting

Troubleshooting

Note: All of these are fixable by using my "Studly Utility" at the click of a button, if you want it, download link at the top of this post.

Codeweavers Guided Fixes (from the awesome Caron Wills)

Q1: I know a wrapper update has been released but my wrapper isn't checking for updates (Dstud: your wrapper only checks once a day, there are two ways to "force" it to check again though - pick your favourite)

• A1: Open your Mac's date and time settings, turn off "Automatically set date and time", then change the date to tomorrows. Run the wrapper.
  • A2: Close the game, open terminal, enter this command: command in Terminal: defaults write com.codeweavers.worldofwarships SULastCheckTime -date "2015-07-15 00:00:00 +0000". Run the wrapper.

Q2: Every time I try to run the game I get a black screen where the loading screen should be. Even if I leave if for a few minutes the black screen stays or the whole game just crashes.

- There is an incompatibility with your graphics card. Try downloading THIS XML FILE provided by Codeweavers and place it in your ~/Documents/World_of_Warships folder (replacing the one thats already in there.

Q3: I download the wrapper but when I try to run it I get a message saying that its damaged and needs to be deleted
- Open terminal, type "Sudo xattr -rc " without quotes and including the space at the end.
- Click and drag the wrapper (from inside the disk image) into the terminal window
- Hit the Enter key, type in your password and enter again (you won't be able to see your password as you type - it is invisible, just type and hit enter)

Q4: I'm trying to install the game (or a patch) but I keep getting a message that says it can't connect to the update service.
- Easy fix, simply disable torrenting by editing the WoWSLauncher.cfg file (Located in Documents/World_of_Warships). Edit the "Launcher Transport" line to be 2 instead of 3. 
 if you want.
- If that didn't work, in the same file change "update-v4r4h10x.worldofwarships.com" to "update.worldofwarships.com" (just delete the -v4r4h10x)
 and Codeweavers Instructions if you want them.

Q5: Every time it finishes downloading the update I get an error saying it can't extract the update
- Easy fix, simply disable torrenting by editing the WoWSLauncher.cfg file. Edit the "Launcher Transport" line to be 2 instead of 3.
if you want.
- Click ok to clear the error, then click the little blue retry button in the bottom right of the window (next to the greyed out play button). The one that looks like a round arrow. DON'T close the launcher. Click the retry button and let it do its thing. It will probably download the patch/update again, for me it downloaded it twice for some reason, but it will work the second time.

Q6: I have multiple displays and the game always launches on the wrong one, how can I force it to open in full screen on a specific display?
- Open your display preferences, select the arrangement tab, the white bar at the top of one of the displays (in the settings panel) indicates the primary display, click and drag it to whatever one you want the game to launch on.
- If it still doesn't work then align the top of the displays (again, in the arrangement tab of the display settings) so the secondary display (the one you DON'T want the game on) is flush (even with) or below (lower than) the primary display (the one you DO want the game on). Having the secondary display set higher than the primary is bad. You will still need the white bar on the display you wish the game to launch on.

Feedback/Problem Reporting

A message from the Codeweavers team:

If you are experiencing this problem or a problem with any of our official wrappers, you can always contact us by emailing ports@codeweavers.com. When you do this, please include some helpful information:

A good subject line (like "World of Warships has a black screen of death!")

From "About this Mac"

MacOS version (like 10.10.3)

GPU - click System Report, then find Graphics/Displays (like AMD Radeon R9 M370X/Intel Iris Pro)

Which game you're running and the version of the wrapper.

World of Tanks is currently 1.0.21 (find the launcher in Applications, do "Get Info")

World of Warships is labelled as 1.0 (but came from a download with 20150626 in the name). Once World of Warships goes live, it will get a more official version.

Then, a description of the problem you see. (like "when I launch World of Warships, I am greeted with a black screen and no place to sign in.)

And for your viewing pleasure:
(Thanks Sabrechien)
Edited by dstud208
  • Cool 7

dstud208    47

View PostFloating_Citadel, on 11 July 2015 - 12:18 AM, said:

In-game, my HUD is invisible save for an icon that is reloading... Any way to fix this?

http://postimg.org/image/62ndi608f/

I haven't found one yet, no. 

- I would try in the graphics menu (in game) to uncheck the reduce gui refresh rate

- Or opening up the wineskin engine and in the advanced -> options tab playing with the bottom two options (force use this, force use that) they are windowing options and it ~looks~ like a windowing issue. (if this doesn't fix it, then put it back the way it was with the bottom unchecked, and the second bottom checked as it ~could~ mess things up for you)

- You could try using different wineskin engines, updating the wineskin wrapper itself (both guides are at the top of the thread - both in the third "spoiler") 

I know a few players who have that issue. I would LOVE to find a solution so if any of that works for you please let me know.
Edited by dstud208

Grimzz    0

Black screen after launcher finishes. Have made sure that I've got current XQuartz. Have tried launching with all combos of 

• Use MAC driver instead of X11
  • Force use of wrappers quartz-wm for window decorations and not what is on screen
  • Force use of system-instllaed XQuartz instead of using built in Wineskin11

enabled and disabled.

I've rebuilt the Wineskin with a new copied over install and from scratch with a full client download. I've tried different Wineskin engines as well.

X11 log looks like everything is starting up fine. Hardware if you're interested:

[2238696.825] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0
[2238696.960] noPseudoramiXExtension=0, pseudoramiXNumScreens=1
Engine Used: Paulthetall World of Warplanes
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
      Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,4
      Processor Name: Intel Core i7
      Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
      Number of Processors: 1
      Total Number of Cores: 4
      L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
      L3 Cache: 6 MB
      Memory: 16 GB
      Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0172.B04
      SMC Version (system): 2.29f24

Graphics/Displays:

Intel Iris Pro:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro
      Type: GPU
      Bus: Built-In
      VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
      Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
      Device ID: 0x0d26
      Revision ID: 0x0008
      Displays:
        Color LCD:
          Display Type: Retina LCD
          Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina
          Retina: Yes
          Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
          Main Display: Yes
          Mirror: Off
          Online: Yes
          Built-In: Yes

Edited by Grimzz

737drvr    1

Running worldofwarships on a mac with Parrallels as a Windows emulater  Graphics are all screwey  what settins should i use?

• Cool 1

gap_gtn    55

Hello everyone

We have initial version of Mac OS installer from CodeWeavers. Is isn't QAed yet on our side, but you're welcome to try it

link updated

https://files.wargaming.net/public.php?service=files&t=7f7122de06707b9ce826b56693dfda86

If you'll face the trouble with the Unsigned developer issue, here's the temporary solution for it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Edited by gap_gtn
link updated
  • Cool 5

dstud208    47

Running worldofwarships on a mac with Parrallels as a Windows emulater  Graphics are all screwey  what settins should i use?

Honestly I don't know anyone that has been able to play WoWS on parallels and have it work fine. There is a bunch of 3D acceleration support and stuff that is needed and not there yet. Your better off (for now) to either bootcamp or use Wineskin.

Hello everyone

We have initial version of Mac OS installer from CodeWeavers. Is isn't QAed yet on our side, but you're welcome to try it

https://files.wargaming.net/public.php?service=files&t=3dc482eb81c3a825972bb56f6c43ae19

If you'll face the trouble with the Unsigned developer issue, here's the temporary solution for it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

LIKE THIS!!!!!!

dstud208    47

I tried the fixes for the rotating screen. But it still doesn't rotate all the way.

Black screen after launcher finishes. Have made sure that I've got current XQuartz. Have tried launching with all combos of 

• Use MAC driver instead of X11
  • Force use of wrappers quartz-wm for window decorations and not what is on screen
  • Force use of system-instllaed XQuartz instead of using built in Wineskin11

enabled and disabled.

Well, I was going to try to respond to you guys, but I would first recommend trying the new code weavers installer just posted by gap_gtn. That will probably be MUCH more stable than the concoction that we've been trying to play with.

Subject16    0

The CodeWeavers wrapper doesn't really work for me. Currently running mac 15 inch mid 2014 on OSX 10.9.5

dstud208    47

The CodeWeavers wrapper doesn't really work for me. Currently running mac 15 inch mid 2014 on OSX 10.9.5

First: is there a reason your not on Yosemite?
Second: By doesn't really, what do you mean?

PS: Do you have razor synapse on your computer? It totally busts up the wot wrapper so I'm assuming it would the wows as well.

dall89115    20

New problem and a minor complaint about some of the morons who seem to think they own the game. Did the new update today. Played a couple of games and when i started the third told me I was missing the worldofwarships.exe. That's a problem I fixed before by going to the game files and changing the caps in WorldOfWarships to lower case. Did it again and it started being recognized again. Just wanted the other Mac people to be aware. It will probably do the same every time they do an update.

Then I went into the chat room labeled Comments and Game problems to see if anyone was having the problem. Several people were in the room, who immediately told me that it couldn't be a WOWS problem as they didn't have that trouble. They were quite rude and basically told me to get out of THEIR chat room. I guess WOWS is going to be just like WOT in that the chat rooms have no representation by the company and another case of lip service to customer support with no real support.

BTW: When I finally quit the game to come here, according to the harbor screen, my battleship was still in a game. Interesting considering it wouldn't let me join because my software was wrong. Sure hope my team wins as there is no one at the helm of my battleship. (it told me it was still in a game, but wouldn't allow me to go to it.) At least when WOT glitches, it puts you into the tank when you finally get signed in.

dall89115    20

Honestly I don't know anyone that has been able to play WoWS on parallels and have it work fine. There is a bunch of 3D acceleration support and stuff that is needed and not there yet. Your better off (for now) to either bootcamp or use Wineskin.

LIKE THIS!!!!!!

I have to agree on that. I had the Windows version on parallels via Windows 8.1.1 and everything worked except no ships, or islands were visible. (kind of hard to play with all invisible ships and having to miss islands by watching the mini-map.)
  • Cool 1

dall89115    20

I'd do the update to Yosemite. takes a while to download and update, but it's as smooth as anything under Mavericks. (except for iPhoto being replaced by Photos, which is a castrated iPhotos from what I can see and Yahoo Instant messenger no longer working, but I haven't used that in ages.) Didn't lose any settings, nor data in the upgrade.The dock looks a little cheaper and cheesy to me compared to Mavericks, but everything works almost identically. (Dock preferences are moved to become part of the System Preferences from where they were under the Apple, but all other controls I've seen are the same.)

YeOldeFool    10

When I originally started with the Paul The Tall wrapper, I kept getting a black screen after the loading screen.  After going through the videos to fix it I finally managed to get it working and played a few matches just before the official wrapper came out.  I thought the official one would run better so I switched over and now I'm right back to getting a black screen after the loading screen every time I try to open the game.  Since the official wrapper is quite a bit different than Paul The Tall's I haven't the foggiest idea about how to fix this.

dall89115    20

When I originally started with the Paul The Tall wrapper, I kept getting a black screen after the loading screen.  After going through the videos to fix it I finally managed to get it working and played a few matches just before the official wrapper came out.  I thought the official one would run better so I switched over and now I'm right back to getting a black screen after the loading screen every time I try to open the game.  Since the official wrapper is quite a bit different than Paul The Tall's I haven't the foggiest idea about how to fix this.

Me too!!! Went through the entire download again and back to square one . Of course I also wonder about the text being in Russian for the events etc. The buttons converted to English when I clicked the language button, but not the messages. They also had a new update come out today that screwed up the WorldOFWarships.exe name again, so I had to find it and change the caps to lower case before the update would work in Wineskin. I'm hoping that the new wrapper eliminates that pesky cursor jumping away when you try to shoot that I never could cure in Wineskin.

Edited by dall89115

dstud208    47

Do you have xquartz up to date? If not then DEFINITELY update that.

If you moved the warships folder from your old disk image over to the documents folder then I would just put it back, and after you confirm xQuartz is up to date then just let the new wrapper install fresh. If that doesn't work then you might have to just stick with the old one.

The Codeweavers wrappers work WAY better IF they work (they usually do) but the thing is, the PTT wrappers will always work, or can always be finagled to work. The codeweavers ones are pretty much a finished package, no real modifying of it.

YeOldeFool    10

Do you have xquartz up to date? If not then DEFINITELY update that.

If you moved the warships folder from your old disk image over to the documents folder then I would just put it back, and after you confirm xQuartz is up to date then just let the new wrapper install fresh. If that doesn't work then you might have to just stick with the old one.

The Codeweavers wrappers work WAY better IF they work (they usually do) but the thing is, the PTT wrappers will always work, or can always be finagled to work. The codeweavers ones are pretty much a finished package, no real modifying of it.

Yes, I updated it when I was going through the process to get it working right the first time.  The simple methods didn't work for me so I had to use the more complex one you posted about going into wineskin and changing some of the settings around.  While I have enough space to run the game just fine, I didn't have enough to copy the warships file over from the disk image so I erased it and did a completely clean install.

How often does Codeweavers update their wrappers?  If possible, I'd like to avoid the headache of deleting and installing everything all over again.  It was bad enough doing that the three times I did just to get the PTT wrapper working in the first place.

• Cool 1

dstud208    47

Yes, I updated it when I was going through the process to get it working right the first time.  The simple methods didn't work for me so I had to use the more complex one you posted about going into wineskin and changing some of the settings around.  While I have enough space to run the game just fine, I didn't have enough to copy the warships file over from the disk image so I erased it and did a completely clean install.

How often does Codeweavers update their wrappers?  If possible, I'd like to avoid the headache of deleting and installing everything all over again.  It was bad enough doing that the three times I did just to get the PTT wrapper working in the first place.

Yaaaa... I'm super sorry dude, I thought for sure that an actual code weavers wrapper would fix the black screen issue. The way codeweavers update their wrapper is through that "checking for updates" that showed up before the launcher. It usually only happens when they are fixing a major issue that effects a lot of players (like this black screen). In order for them to be able to fix it though they need to know what to fix. If you would be so kind to report your operating system and computer specs (model, year, graphics card, processor) that would be super helpful (or go to the codeweavers site and report it there)

YeOldeFool    10

OSX Yosemite

Version 10.10.4 (14E46)

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor     2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory     8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics     Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Is that all you need?  Thanks for all the help you've been giving.

• Cool 1

dall89115    20

Yaaaa... I'm super sorry dude, I thought for sure that an actual code weavers wrapper would fix the black screen issue. The way codeweavers update their wrapper is through that "checking for updates" that showed up before the launcher. It usually only happens when they are fixing a major issue that effects a lot of players (like this black screen). In order for them to be able to fix it though they need to know what to fix. If you would be so kind to report your operating system and computer specs (model, year, graphics card, processor) that would be super helpful (or go to the codeweavers site and report it there)

I also posted that I had the black screen problem. I double checked and yes, I am running the latest version of  XQuartz (X11 / XQuartz 2.7.7) Mine was a direct download onto my primary SSD, with 100+ GB extra drive space available.

Specs: 12 core, dual 3.46 GHZ Intel Zeon (Westmere) / 64 GB RAM / 500 GB SSD (11 other TB on standard drives) / Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 w/2 GB VRAM / dual BenQ 24" gaming monitors. OS: 10.10.4 Yosemite, up to date. Internet: Cable modem (new) via WiFi using a latest generation Airport Extreme. The entire computer is 64 bit, if that makes any difference, as it looks like the WOWS software is 32 bit. (Windows is also 64 bit these days, so I can't see where it would matter, but....)

I went to the codeweavers site. The list of working wrappers listed

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?letter=w;curPos=450 said that WOT had a bronze medal, meaning works sometimes while WOW and WOWS both had red, signifying Known not to work. I wasn't sure where to send them a ticket. Only my Windows side WOW works. (through Parallels) The Mac version does not. WOT works fine in either version.

dstud208    47

I also posted that I had the black screen problem. I double checked and yes, I am running the latest version of  XQuartz (X11 / XQuartz 2.7.7) Mine was a direct download onto my primary SSD, with 100+ GB extra drive space available.

Specs: 12 core, dual 3.46 GHZ Intel Zeon (Westmere) / 64 GB RAM / 500 GB SSD (11 other TB on standard drives) / Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 w/2 GB VRAM / dual BenQ 24" gaming monitors. OS: 10.10.4 Yosemite, up to date. Internet: Cable modem (new) via WiFi using a latest generation Airport Extreme. The entire computer is 64 bit, if that makes any difference, as it looks like the WOWS software is 32 bit. (Windows is also 64 bit these days, so I can't see where it would matter, but....)

I went to the codeweavers site. The list of working wrappers listed

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?letter=w;curPos=450 said that WOT had a bronze medal, meaning works sometimes while WOW and WOWS both had red, signifying Known not to work. I wasn't sure where to send them a ticket. Only my Windows side WOW works. (through Parallels) The Mac version does not. WOT works fine in either version.

Is that a hackintosh? I'm beginning to think that is an issue in the video drivers. Related to the flickering screen in World of Tanks. The effected players seam to be using intel graphics cards or "unsupported". I could be completely wrong of course, just speculating.

YeOldeFool    10

If it was purely a graphics issue, wouldn't that mean that we couldn't get it to work at all?  I would assume that somewhere in the programming that there's a glitch or bug that prevents the program from working properly without a workaround being employed.

Then again, I'm not a computer expert so I may be misunderstanding what you are saying.

dstud208    47

If it was purely a graphics issue, wouldn't that mean that we couldn't get it to work at all?  I would assume that somewhere in the programming that there's a glitch or bug that prevents the program from working properly without a workaround being employed.

Then again, I'm not a computer expert so I may be misunderstanding what you are saying.

Haha me neither, I'm just speculating. Your probably right, I'm just thinking that basically what we did to get it to work with the PTT wrapper was over ride all the windowing and driver stuff. So it could be related. I'm not an expert either though, there are MUCH more qualified people to be assessing this. So we just pass on the info and hope they fix it :great: