Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Moon_Princess

0.4.0.3 update discussion

32 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
117 posts
1,333 battles

An official announcement had been added: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0403-notes-downtime/ .

0.4.0.3 is coming and Atlanta and Atago fan can buy them now.

There're plenty of new ships which only distribute to some special player for test purpose. Maybe they'll be premium in the future or a split from each tech tree.

After reading the note, this is what i see:

- No big and official announce of any event for OBT or 4th July

- The DD armament broken chance not change. I think they not gonna change it so we must adapt and survive.

- AA not change. Low tier match with 1 side have CV and 1 side not is a pain.

- MM not change. It can't be helped.

- Chance of fire after using repair not change. Cruisers still dominate the sea.

- If they gonna add more ships, I think they need to show all ppl the statistics of those ships. It's unfair for ppl when they know nothing about the opponent they're going to face. How's the AA, fire range, torp range, RoF,... Those're critical information that can make he battle very different.

- Many minor bug fixes, and I encounter none of them before.

- "Map selection for the server has been reworked", the only information that I concern about.

That's my conclusion on this new update. How about u?

Edited by Moon_Princess

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles

- Still no official announcement that say the game will come to OBT.

Game is in OBT.
  • Cool 2

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

There's been 0.0.2 of a change since the game went  to open beta, not everything's gonna be fixed in a week or so.

Also, I think this is official enough of an announcement for me.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

Atlanta is coming back ( I have Atago) That's good enough for me

I don't get it, the update notes say "Tier VII Japanese cruiser Atago". Is it being dropped one tier?

Alpha Tester
101 posts
3,683 battles

I don't get it, the update notes say "Tier VII Japanese cruiser Atago". Is it being dropped one tier?

It seems like it. So quick question; was the price different between the tier 7 Atlanta and the tier 8 Atago? I hope not, since it seems unfair you would spend more money on a tier 8 Atago vs the tier 7, then have the Atago dropped a tier, wasting a few bucks.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,222 battles

Having Atago back is good enough for me. I plan on unlocking Myoko over the weekend and will need a lot of premium ship credit grinding on my way to T8.

[R0FL]
Beta Testers
1,286 posts
4,086 battles

It seems like it. So quick question; was the price different between the tier 7 Atlanta and the tier 8 Atago? I hope not, since it seems unfair you would spend more money on a tier 8 Atago vs the tier 7, then have the Atago dropped a tier, wasting a few bucks.

They would refund the difference in price to you when they change a tier on a ship.  When the Independence got moved in it's tier, and the Essex went from T10 to T9 back in CBT, players were refunded the difference in credits and the XP costs that they had spent on the higher tier to obtain that ship.  They kept the ship but got refunded the overcharge as they bought it as a higher tier originally.  Same would happen with your gold I will assume.   They are not out there to just screw all of you who bought the ship early on.

8,843 posts
7,637 battles

I don't see why people expect an event. The game just went into obt. We don't need it yet. I wish some ship fixes or stats for the new ones were added though...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,425 posts
739 battles

nah it's because WGNA don't proofread, WGRU and WGEU both state VIII

Beta Testers
117 posts
1,333 battles

no announcement anywhere?

*sarcasm*

No big and official announce of any EVENT for OBT. They only have some like make shadow of the ships or Fireworks event that not many ppl know about.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

- No big and official announce of any event for OBT or 4th July

Soo, why should there be a 4th of July celebration on the week after it happened?

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

OP - Some of your points are quite moot given that the game is STILL IN BETA:

- First point already discussed so no point beating a dead horse.

- The DD armament broken chance not change. I think they not gonna change it so we must adapt and survive. - DD's are relatively weak in armor and protection because they are designed to sacrifice that for speed and high maneuverability so don't sail in a straight line and use those to avoid being hit in the first place.

- AA not change. Low tier match with no CV is a pain. - considering the lowest tier CV is tier 4, you have to expect some matches are not going to have CV's in lower tiers.

- MM not change. It can't be helped. - As it is I never really see anything more or less than 2 tiers from me which is the same as WoT, unless of course it is a fail platoon/division.

- Chance of fire after using repair not change. Cruisers still dominate the sea. - News flash: lot's of things on ships are combustible and start fires and BB's are huge targets that are hard to miss. They do need to make the damage control team a better managed system to allow reaction but you could learn how to mitigate your ships' weaknesses and play to your ships' strengths. Others have covered how to do this in great posts.  

- If they gonna add more ships, I think they need to show all ppl the statistics of those ships. It's unfair for ppl when they know nothing about the opponent they're going to face. How's the AA, fire range, torp range, RoF,... Those're critical information that can make he battle very different.- the ships they are adding are for supertesters only in order to determine if they are balanced. No point giving specifics until the specifics are actually defined. Oh and again -  the game is STILL IN BETA so everything can be changed and nothing is carved in stone.

- Many minor bug fixes, and I encounter none of them before. - Just because you haven't doesn't mean many other players haven't. Again,  the game is STILL IN BETA and some are actually playing as testers and reporting issues and these bug fixes are a result of player reports. 

- "Map selection for the server has been reworked", the only information that I concern about. - Well at least you are satisfied about something.

Beta Testers
1,031 posts
684 battles

I don't see why people expect an event. The game just went into obt. We don't need it yet. I wish some ship fixes or stats for the new ones were added though...

Events are a way to get more people to play the game. Exactly what you would want when going to OBT. Just like stores have grand opening sales. 

Beta Testers
1,198 posts
2,732 battles

Bacon!!!! WG seems to be not doing any major balancing changes besides nerfing recently. Apparently its to much to ask of WG to fix the joke that is majority of US BB's also  they broke US DD's in a sense a good way but never properly re tuned them to compensate for smoke changes. 

Beta Testers
435 posts

Not sure if serious or April fools prank.  Loader actually has a patch announcement before on Monday when it happens for NA server! I feel so non-second class citizen at the moment, like maybe they almost care about us :rolleyes:

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
474 posts
2,232 battles

I guarantee any patch that is a 0.0.0.1 type of change is going to have minor fixes and stuff. Changing game mechanics takes time and internal testing before they throw it at the server.  The game has been OBT for like two weeks. Give them time to gather data and go over it all and let think decide what to do. Just because you think something is broken doesn't mean it really is. Wait for a patch that'll have the number 4.1.x.x to expect any major changes.

EDIT: spelling cause I hate my phone sometimes or it hates me.

Beta Testers
117 posts
1,333 battles

OP - Some of your points are quite moot given that the game is STILL IN BETA:

- The DD armament broken chance not change. I think they not gonna change it so we must adapt and survive. - DD's are relatively weak in armor and protection because they are designed to sacrifice that for speed and high maneuverability so don't sail in a straight line and use those to avoid being hit in the first place.

- MM not change. It can't be helped. - As it is I never really see anything more or less than 2 tiers from me which is the same as WoT, unless of course it is a fail platoon/division.

- Chance of fire after using repair not change. Cruisers still dominate the sea. - News flash: lot's of things on ships are combustible and start fires and BB's are huge targets that are hard to miss. They do need to make the damage control team a better managed system to allow reaction but you could learn how to mitigate your ships' weaknesses and play to your ships' strengths. Others have covered how to do this in great posts.  

- If they gonna add more ships, I think they need to show all ppl the statistics of those ships. It's unfair for ppl when they know nothing about the opponent they're going to face. How's the AA, fire range, torp range, RoF,... Those're critical information that can make he battle very different.- the ships they are adding are for supertesters only in order to determine if they are balanced. No point giving specifics until the specifics are actually defined. Oh and again -  the game is STILL IN BETA so everything can be changed and nothing is carved in stone.

omg please dont say " the game is still in beta" everytime. I know it well already....

- About MM, that's the problem everyone complain about, not only me

- "You could learn how to mitigate your ships' weaknesses and play to your ships' strengths. Others have covered how to do this in great posts" 

That's why WG not fix the fire problem yet. They know u can deal with the problem after HUNDREDS of battles to know how to effectively use ur ship, which chase many newbies on the progress.

- "The ships they are adding are for supertesters only in order to determine if they are balanced. No point giving specifics until the specifics are actually defined" At least some information should be provided so ppl can have idea for the enemy the face. Everything can change, but some information better than none.

And one more time, STILL IN BETA is the easiest way to solve all the problem other player whining about....

Beta Testers
117 posts
1,333 battles

Do u like a game with no event.....? It always beter to have one, x2 exp is okay, little discount is okay, but we have none... Moe player will play and have more fun playing if there's any event then

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

I don't care that much about it, but if they cut the credit income for Atago I'll be pissed

Sign in to follow this