You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
matthew9tws

Drive bomber help (Noob)

8 comments in this topic

[PYRMD]
[PYRMD]
Members
5 posts
6,123 battles

I am playing my 1st Aircraft Carrier. I have yet to be able to drop my first bomb. I can get bombers to the ship, then it says Awaiting instructions. How do I get it to bomb? I see where in the videos ths they put an oblong green circle around target ship. How is this done? Any help would be greatly valued.

• Cool 1

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

You just select the squadron you want to attack with, then click the ship you want to attack. Then adjust the green circle and you're set.

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,522 battles

first of all, the Hosho doesn't have Dive Bombers.  it only has torpedo bombers.  second, hold alt and click to manually drop torpedoes (or click on the target to set an auto drop).  also, your first squad on Hosho is fighters, so they won't attack ships anyways (make sure you don't try to attack ships with them).

some more info here: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/32520-how-to-carrier/

Beta Testers
108 posts
792 battles

There was a video explaing this stuff somewhere ...wasn't it a  Naval Academy video that WoWS did..

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,522 battles

There was a video explaing this stuff somewhere ...wasn't it a  Navel Academy video that WoWS did..

[PYRMD]
[PYRMD]
Members
5 posts
6,123 battles

Tedster59, Good point. Fighters don't bomb. Ok, Noob supreme on that one! lol Thank you for y'all s help. sonicmonkey I really learned from your video. Thanks.

Edited by matthew9tws
  • Cool 1