Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
James_lairanar

board edge

11 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,414 posts
38,095 battles

The board edge needs to collision and not just slide along and help getting turned. 

For sure.  Another captain suggested that any time you are on the edge you should get damage like you are on fire....which I think is a great suggestion since anyone using the edge running exploit should be penalized.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
108 posts
792 battles

I saw something on the EU next patch notes it said something about a border fix for some maps..

Members
1,383 posts
2,282 battles

Was in a game where 2 BB and a cruiser glide on the border, no one was able to hit them even tho they purposefully exposed themselves to everyone to shoot at.

[MSFTZ]
Beta Testers
100 posts
6,507 battles

i dont do it on purpose. I do get tunnel Vision from time to time when i am trying to escape and fire and it happens. If i make a mistake and hit an island i am done. But if i get the edge of the map i am fine. it is not right.

Beta Testers
3 posts
2,778 battles

The edge exploit really needs to be fixed, totally lame way to play and I see it all too often, maybe have the edge 1. as a hardwall, you take damage and bounce or 2. being jammed on the edge makes your ship a bullet sponge (everything even somewhat close hits you). That would stop the exploiters cold

[TCC]
Beta Testers
285 posts
9,467 battles

+1 for you Sir! 

It's your own fault if you lose situational awareness and hit the border.  

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

For sure.  Another captain suggested that any time you are on the edge you should get damage like you are on fire....which I think is a great suggestion since anyone using the edge running exploit should be penalized.

I agree with this much more than it being a collision mechanic. Plenty of stuff to collide with already in this game.

What should be done is: All Gunnery Control is Disabled while in contact with Edge of Map (This includes DD/CA torps and CV Aircraft Control).

You're able to move to get yourself away from edge but unable to fire/attack/defend.

Add a timer for those who simply want to run away when odds are against them and exploit map edge to throw off aim - "After 30 seconds you begin taking a DOT dealing X dmg/sec" much like the one I quoted.(ample time for even the slowest rudder shift/turning radius ships).

• As a soft penalty - This will teach non-exploiters to be much more aware by preventing them from being able to defend themselves for the few moments it takes to recover from their error.
  • As a hard penalty - This will make exploiters unable to defend themselves as well as take an increasing DOT & eventually cause them to commit suicide should they persist.

Edit - A different type of collision warning wouldn't be too bad either though it could get incredibly annoying when sailing parallel to the map edge.(Ocean map for instance)

Edited by Zyu

Sign in to follow this