You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HaKartDA

this game in genaral

8 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,493 battles

i,ve found the game in genaral to be good and actualy have the ships at the time thy where use. this said i do belive that P.T boats,and subs should be here as well since thy did play a big role in the war . now im wait to see how the game will deal with the actual damge and range of these guns and how the skills rateing will be. my major trouble being is the stats reading for the player it dose need to be fixxed to be more actual than what it is now.                                                                                                               sing, HaKartDA                                                                                                                         

Beta Testers
958 posts
2,299 battles

As has been said many times in the past months, the developers said nothing smaller than destroyers and submarines won't work with this game. 

Side note, he's new guys, don't be too hard on him. 

Members
888 posts
761 battles

I stopped reading when you stated subs played a huge role.

Line, be fair. In reality, subs DID play a major role.

But subs do NOT belong in WoWS.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
312 posts
1,096 battles

I stopped reading when you stated subs played a huge role.

Depending on which reports you read, USN submarines in the pacific accounted for anywhere between 540,000 - 700,000 tons worth of IJN vessels, and between 4.9 and 7.7 million tons of Japanese merchant ships. 

In the other ocean, German U-boats were responsible for sinking 161 allied vessels (can't find numbers on tonnage, but it was significant), and approximately 2,800 allied merchant vessels, totaling approximately 14 million tons of allied shipping, which is roughly the size of the entire British merchant fleet in 1939. 

I'd say that was a pretty huge role in the war. 

That being said, to the OP: Patrol boats wouldn't stand a chance with how the game is played and balanced, they're far too light and under armed to be effective. Submarines are possible, but I wouldn't bet on them, because of the devs insistence on supporting very low-end and old hardware, modeling the additional water depth necessary for proper submarine action would be difficult to include.

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,640 posts
10,318 battles

Subs do not belong in WoWs.

Members
90 posts
1,521 battles

I think PT boats would be a blast - and I think it would have the benefit of forcing people to learn to play as teams.  Yeah, I know devs said they won't be added - just saying I think they would add an interesting element.

Subs wouldn't work though - way too many mechanics would have to be changed (add ASW detection, DDs have to carry depth charges, etc)