Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Do BB's need a nerf?

12 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

I saw a video on Youtube of a Nagato taking out a Mogami in one go, should BB's be nerfed

• Cool 1

[-TSF-]
Beta Testers
479 posts
4,815 battles

I think that the system of Rock paper scissors was working well, yes some tweaks need to be made. But the real issue came from the 50% nerf of DDs. They destroyed and ability reasonable chance a DD has to get away in open ocean by nerfing smoke by 70%(80% nerf to smoke density/hang time 60+% nerf to the duration of the smoke).

HE is splash is now critically hitting an important module almost every time. I think DDs were balanced well(yes i drive DDs primarily), and could use a tweak to the smoke.

It is now almost impossible to play mid range US DDs t6-t8(Benson pre-upgraded hull/torps).

Fix the DDs and BBs will have to worry about the ship that counters them again.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

I think he is a neg farmer.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,441 posts
509 battles

Nagato, unlike inaccurate ships such as Colorado or Fuso, have always been able to land high-damage salvoes on enemies foolish enough to show their side. It's hardly surprising that it was a Mogami that blew up, that thing is a floating citadel.

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

Troll thread.  Nothing to see here people.

Beta Testers
127 posts
5,918 battles

of course they should be nerf'd. They can one shot things! That is never going to be ok, think about those poor CV players who after 12 min of match are getting chased by a BB and he shoots them 1 time and they blow up.

[BANG_]
Beta Testers
493 posts
6,852 battles

Some folks just can't grasp the fact that a cruiser's armor isn't able to bounce 16" AP rounds it seems. As said before DETONATION crits happen and with all size shells, have seen single 6" AP rounds do the same thing. HMS. Hood was destroyed almost instantly by a plunging 15' AP round from the Bismark that went thru her thin deck armor and hit the magazine, it happens deal with it.

Beta Testers
208 posts
904 battles

I vote yes! Battleships in their current state are far too powerful. I propose the following changes:

1. Increase rudder shift time by an additional 3.5 seconds so they can't out turn those auto dropped torpedoes.

2. Since the Iowa has double mount bofors, all USN BB's should be fitted with double mount bofors in the name of balance.

3. Fire chance should be slightly increased, cuz' wood decks.

4. Battleships should have absolutely no warning indication of incoming torpedoes, cuz' auto aim assist for ship launched torps is fair. So is manual torpedo drops. Cuz.

5. Battleships heal too much, reduce their repair abilities to no more than 1.

6. Battleship 1 shot me! Remove detonation mechanic.

7. Montana has too many guns, remove 1 rear turret for balance.

8. Izumo is fine, just decrease max speed to 21 knots.

9. DD's should be able to 1v1 battleships, I propose a buff to DD armor and hit points.

10. Battleship AP too stronk! Remove from game and only allow HE.

11. Increase turret traverse time so battleships can't switch targets too effectively.

12. Increase loading time. Cuz balance.

13. Remove fighter scout! Battleship should not be able to shoot down my planes. Only CA and CV should get attack planes.

14. Kawachi is a perfect example of battleship balance.

15. Revert Yamato armor mechanics to 3.1 so DD's and CA's can take out it's turrets again.

I think this would fix most of the problems people see with battleships.

Members
113 posts
1,120 battles

I vote yes! Battleships in their current state are far too powerful. I propose the following changes:

1. Increase rudder shift time by an additional 3.5 seconds so they can't out turn those auto dropped torpedoes.

-snip-

15. Revert Yamato armor mechanics to 3.1 so DD's and CA's can take out it's turrets again.

I think this would fix most of the problems people see with battleships.

Nah, not going far enough. All battleships need to start the game with no damage control ability and existing torpedo damage from a submarine while sailing to the map. The torpedo flooding will sink the ship within a minute to ensure it doesn't fire at a thing.

[/joke]

Sign in to follow this