You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NyxWGA

Forum Reorganization

73 comments in this topic

Members
415 posts
26 battles

Hiya folks!

KMaus and I are working on plans to reorganize and improve the forums. I already have a lot of ideas, and I've also seen some of you suggest good ideas in other places.

I'd like to ask everyone to think about what we can do organizationally to improve the forums. This is not a request for new features or functionality - the forums themselves will continue to operate in the same way they do now.

What I'd like from you is to know:

• Are there sections we don't have that we should?
  • Are there sections we DO have that are useless?
  • Are there things that should be consolidated, moved around, split into different categories?

As I said, I've already got some ideas based on what I've done on other forums in the past, but I'd really like to hear what YOU want to see :)

• Cool 7

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

We need individual sections for each class, and then have subforums for each nation within that class. Pretty much what WoT forums did.

• Cool 12

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Obviously: A section for Mods/Skins, and ones for clans.

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro
  • Cool 8

Beta Testers
141 posts
1,538 battles

A dedicated mod section would be nice to separate screenshots, and other game play art from custom ship skins and the likes. My 2 cents.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

I would like to see some form of indication that suggestions and problems have been noted. Perhaps a list of known bugs and a "commonly suggested ideas" list, although that's a lot of work and sounds more like a job for a community liaison than for a staffer. Wouldn't have to be lists, maybe some kind of "stamp" that says "Yes, WG is aware of this." But that would likely require either an upgrade to the forum software, or a hassle of a procedure every time.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,440 posts
2,164 battles

Can we take the *View new content* forum option out of the *profile tab* and give it it's own tab

• Cool 5

Alpha Tester
1,440 posts
2,164 battles

We also need a section dedicated to the sinking of the xTheCanadianx so players can post screen shots of them sinking him

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Clan Section as well as showing what clans people are in would be nice.

• Cool 5

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
588 posts

Possibly a CR/D also? :trollface:
  • Cool 1

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
4,343 posts
26,778 battles

hmmmmmm i got a few ideas.  once i hash them out ill send you and kmaus some screenies.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Technical PC and Technical game issues sections.  With a list made by a wargaming employee of do's and don'ts and common issues and fixes.

A section that has a long unbroken line of every patch done with details and known issues as with other forums.  Untouchable by us.

A section that has every post made by a wargaming employee in chronological order with a link to it's original context.  Untouchable by us.  Their post will still be where it was, in relations to it's context.

A new content tab for each section on the forum  Keep the spam threads out of game sections.  Actively shut down those "will there be wipes threads" and "I won't read WG announcements threads" Just lock it and slap it with a search box please.

Glad to see some order happening. Thanks.

Edited by Moksie
  • Cool 5

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Possibly a CR/D also? :trollface:

Yes. Just Yes.

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles

Technical PC and Technical game issues sections.

A section that has a long unbroken line of every patch done with details and known issues as with other forums.  Untouchable by us.

A section that has every post made by a wargaming employee in chronological order.  Untouchable by us.  Their post will still be where it was, in relations to it's context.

A new content tab for each section on the forum  Keep the spam threads out of game sections.  Actively shut down those "will there be wipes threads" and "I won't read WG announcements threads" Just lock it and slap it with a search box please.

Glad to see some order happening. Thanks.

This :great:

• Cool 1

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

^^ this.

• Cool 2

[BB_59]
Members
855 posts
3,396 battles

PIN a topic on the suggestions forum that lets new players know that submarines are not being considered for the game.

• Cool 2

[MWM]
Alpha Tester
1,704 posts
2,303 battles

Plase Nyx give us this and we will send you a Johnson Cheese cake.

Edited by White_Tiger117
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,719 posts

These have been mentioned already:

Clan section

Specific Nation and ship class sections, a'la WoT

Modding section

Bug section with a list of known bugs

Dev QA section

Also, Keep the Alpha and Beta forums as Read Only for those who have access to them, please do not remove them since they are no longer under NDA :)

Edited by redblurr
  • Cool 2

[MWM]
Alpha Tester
1,704 posts
2,303 battles

Clan section

Modding section

Dev QA section

Also, Keep the Alpha and Beta forums as Read Only for those who have access to them, please do not remove them since they are no longer under NDA :)

Or make a Secret super happy fun time Alpha only room! :teethhappy:
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
210 posts
655 battles

There used to be separate sections for guides and then newcomers q&a.  I think those need to be separated again or revise the subtitle in the current newcomers to reflect that all guides go there, not just the contest entries.  

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,719 posts

There used to be separate sections for guides and then newcomers q&a.  I think those need to be separated again or revise the subtitle in the current newcomers to reflect that all guides go there, not just the contest entries.  

THIS X 100 :great:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,072 posts
1,908 battles

We need individual sections for each class, and then have subforums for each nation within that class. Pretty much what WoT forums did.

Clan section

Modding section

Dev QA section

I shall second both of these. We need different sections for the ship classes. Maybe with three subforms. One for each nation and one for tips and how to play. 

Beta Testers
1,279 posts
333 battles

Although i would like a few previously mentioned ideas above, i have a different suggestion i would like to see added as well...

Create a new module below the "Recent Topics" module and call it the "Recent Reports" module. Pretty much, the last 5-10 created topics in the bugs/reports section of the site would be shown here. It would function the same way the "Recent Topics" module works, except it would only show threads from the bugs section of the forum.

Adding that would help decrease the amount of "repeat offenders" (people who keep creating new topics for issues that already have a dedicated thread and just don't care to search). Would make things a bit more convenient for everyone i think.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles

A guides section.

One for how to.

One for each ship.

One for what settings affect performance/aesthetics. 

0 posts

Indeed! that would be quite useful to have in the forums!