Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gyarados

Please, For All That is Right, Remove Draws From Standard Battles.

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
101 posts
4,195 battles

You can't draw in Domination, which is great, since everything is really, really, really slow, you can't draw. However, in Standard Battles, you can tell by the 6 minute mark whether or not you're going to win, lose, or draw. 

What I am getting sick of is this:

UAyOuHn.jpg?1

How is that, in any way, anything other than a win? They had one ship left, we nearly had them capped out, and I knew we were going to draw when there was 7 minutes left simply due to the way our ships were positioned.

Please, make your game make f&%^ing sense and remove this. The game is simply too slow to have draws. I have a 10% draw rate, that's ridiculous. A few nights ago I was in a division that had four freaking draws in a row. I don't mind them in tanks because of the speed and scope of the game, but in WoWS the game play is simply too slow for them to be the outlier. In WoT you get draws typically when neither team can make a move due to HP, positioning, etc, etc. In WoWS it's simply because the ships are too slow. Awesome af.

I would propose, as a placeholder system since I have no idea what can be tracked in game, that whichever team has more kills (or assign a point value to kills/defense) to win the game, but only after a certain point. There are 12 people per team, if one team has 10 kills, they win unless the other team also has 10 kills, then I guess still a draw because it would probably actually be one at that point. In my screenshot above, that's not a freaking draw, that's a win.

Edited by Gyarados
  • Cool 7

Beta Testers
1,031 posts
684 battles

Draws are not a problem. If teams can not win the 20 minutes of alotted time, they don't deserve to win. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
101 posts
4,195 battles

Draws are not a problem. If teams can not win the 20 minutes of alotted time, they don't deserve to win. 

So the fact that we had them down by 5 ships, they had one remaining, and we had their base capped 90% and we didn't deserve to win? Give me a break. The game is simply too slow to allow for the amount of draws that I see. You can see my ribbons in that game, I didn't have an insane game, but I did more than pull my weight, so did the other cruiser with 3 kills. We fought hard, continuously pushed forward, and slow took ground (water?) until we could make the final push, if the game was 20 seconds longer, we would have won.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

So the fact that we had them down by 5 ships, they had one remaining, and we had their base capped 90% and we didn't deserve to win?

YES. How many threads do we have to say this in? Yes, you did not deserve to win. You know how long the match is. You should know how fast your ships are. If you don't know where the enemy ships are, that's your team's fault. Think ahead; the other team is. These threads are basically just saying "we're really good at tunnel vision shooting, we deserve the same rewards as people with equal skill and better awareness."

Beta Testers
9 posts
955 battles

Around the 6 min mark you have to make be by the enemy cap or otherwise it's game over. This is why I hate seeing BB's staying close to the edge of the map since they won't have enough time to get to enemy base or chase down a destroyer hiding the other end of the map. This is so frustrating on so many points when you have clearly overwhelmed your enemy, but don't have enough speed to carry out an ocean wide search for the last guy or make it to their base. This is one reason why I hate playing BB because if you break one side, you have no time to go to cap or the other so its pretty much a game over or a draw. Have to stay very close to middle or head to enemy cap immediately.

Beta Testers
1,031 posts
684 battles

So the fact that we had them down by 5 ships, they had one remaining, and we had their base capped 90% and we didn't deserve to win? Give me a break. The game is simply too slow to allow for the amount of draws that I see. You can see my ribbons in that game, I didn't have an insane game, but I did more than pull my weight, so did the other cruiser with 3 kills. We fought hard, continuously pushed forward, and slow took ground (water?) until we could make the final push, if the game was 20 seconds longer, we would have won.

Yes your team did not deserve to win. Your team failure to complete its stated objectives in the alotted time. Not a hard concept. 

Draws are not frequent, way less then 10% of battles. Nothing needs to be done about them. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

Draws are not frequent, way less then 10% of battles. Nothing needs to be done about them. 

Actually OP's draw rate is almost 10%. Is it just because I remind my team how long it takes to cap, that I never see draws? My CBT draw rate (when domination could tie) was about 8%, now it's less than 1%...
Edited by Special_Kay

Beta Testers
1,031 posts
684 battles

Actually OP's draw rate is almost 10%. Is it just because I remind my team how long it takes to cap, that I never see draws? My CBT draw rate (when domination could tie) was about 8%, now it's less than 1%...

I am talking globally. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

I am talking globally. 

Yeah, I'm sure they are well below 10%. I didn't mean to contradict you so much as point out something which I found to be rather surprising.

Beta Testers
1,031 posts
684 battles

Yeah, I'm sure they are well below 10%. I didn't mean to contradict you so much as point out something which I found to be rather surprising.

The OP does have a high draw percentage. Mine is around 3%, and most I seen on another player before now was 8%. 

Alpha Tester
475 posts
1,930 battles

How bout you cap before you complain about draws. I have 5 or 6 draws because i cap and try to encourage team work.

Alpha Tester
101 posts
4,195 battles

The OP does have a high draw percentage. Mine is around 3%, and most I seen on another player before now was 8%. 

I think you can understand my frustration at this point, then. Could just be that I get less domination than others, could be that I'm just seriously unlucky, but I don't feel like that 20 minutes allotted is enough time with the difference in scale and speed compared to the 15 that you're afforded in WoT.

Alpha Tester
250 posts
4,050 battles

Twenty minute max battles basically makes having any strategy impossible for a team, even though everyone working together is a unicorn case to begin with. 

If they added two extra minutes to the game time, I guarantee we would have 50% less draws.

Sign in to follow this