You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tank3rDude

Ishizuchi a good investment?

33 comments in this topic

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

Well I had all i could take of the Myogi and sold it. Actually, I accidentally sold my Kuma first, than sold the Myogi. And I LOVE my Kuma. It is a great cruiser. Anyway, I was thinking of getting the Ishizuchi to put my Myogi crew in and use it to train up my crew until I get enough free XP to unlock the Kongo as I know from CBT that it is where the IJN BB line starts to get fun and the Fuso is amazing. So I want to ask all the captains out there already playing the Ishizuchi how they are liking it and how does it compare to say the Arkansas and Wyoming? I am wanting a Japanese premium to train crews in so I am guessing it would be worth it regardless but I don't want to spend money on a ship if most rate it as "underwhelming". Thanks for any input. :izmena:

Edited by Tank3rDude

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,670 battles

Lack of AA and it doesn't earn as much as the higher tier premiums.

Beta Testers
824 posts
2,509 battles

Ishizuchi is a battlecruiser, not much of a battleship.

Pros:

+Turret 180 degree turn rate

+Maximum Speed

+Rudder Shift Time

Cons:

-Firing Range

-Max AP shell damage

-AA guns

Move with the group of Cruisers and try to assist your Cruiser attack/spearhead.  You have decent speed to keep up with them.  And you'll need the speed to close the range to get your shots on target.  The Ishizuchi can dodge torps fairly well, and the turn rate of the ship allows you to get your guns on target faster too.  It doesn't do as much damage as the other Tier IV BB's but it's not bad.  The Ishizuchi's AA is pretty weak so don't expect any miracles countering a CV.

Good luck!

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

Ishizuchi is a battlecruiser, not much of a battleship.

Pros:

+Turret 180 degree turn rate

+Maximum Speed

+Rudder Shift Time

Cons:

-Firing Range

-Max AP shell damage

-AA guns

Move with the group of Cruisers and try to assist your Cruiser attack/spearhead.  You have decent speed to keep up with them.  And you'll need the speed to close the range to get your shots on target.  The Ishizuchi can dodge torps fairly well, and the turn rate of the ship allows you to get your guns on target faster too.  It doesn't do as much damage as the other Tier IV BB's but it's not bad.  The Ishizuchi's AA is pretty weak so don't expect any miracles countering a CV.

Good luck!

Thanks for the detailed info mate!

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,831 battles

Lack of AA and it doesn't earn as much as the higher tier premiums.

lol, of course it doesn't earn as much. It's $14... what's that a small pizza? Yeah, it's worth it... and it makes decent creds. 

[SC]
Alpha Tester
233 posts
7,520 battles

But is it worth 13 bucks is the question.  I guess it has to be better then the yabari.

Members
328 posts

Well I had all i could take of the Myogi and sold it. Actually, I accidentally sold my Kuma first, than sold the Myogi. And I LOVE my Kuma. It is a great cruiser. Anyway, I was thinking of getting the Ishizuchi to put my Myogi crew in and use it to train up my crew until I get enough free XP to unlock the Kongo as I know from CBT that it is where the IJN BB line starts to get fun and the Fuso is amazing. So I want to ask all the captains out there already playing the Ishizuchi how they are liking it and how does it compare to say the Arkansas and Wyoming? I am wanting a Japanese premium to train crews in so I am guessing it would be worth it regardless but I don't want to spend money on a ship if most rate it as "underwhelming". Thanks for any input. :izmena:

Don't do it.. It's not very good.. Make WG put out REAL premiums before investing.
  • Cool 1

[SIMP]
Beta Testers
9 posts
14,018 battles

im on the fence about my purchase of this ship , seems like i can do very well, yet i cannot make it perfom yet.. rng or just bad luck , this game being so rng based , im waiting for that that game that will make me want to play it 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Don't do it.. It's not very good.. Make WG put out REAL premiums before investing.

They did, I have 5 of them. Called Atlanta, Warspite, Atago, Murmasnk, Gremlin.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

They did, I have 5 of them. Called Atlanta, Warspite, Atago, Murmasnk, Gremlin.

Bought the gold but they removed the Atlanta and Atago without warning so count buy.
  • Cool 1

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Bought the gold but they removed the Atlanta and Atago without warning so count buy.

Should of done it sooner. Second I patched OBT, first thing I did since I had enough gold was rebuy the Atlanta and get the Atago.

[TILLT]
[TILLT]
Beta Testers
1,108 posts
6,666 battles

I bought it and I have no real objections over it.  I believe it was worth the money.

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

I am really kicking myself for not buying the Warspite before they removed it. I also REALLY want the Atlanta because I love the light fast cruiser gameplay.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

I am really kicking myself for not buying the Warspite before they removed it. I also REALLY want the Atlanta because I love the light fast cruiser gameplay.

Just be prepared for the LOW gun range. 11.1KM is harsh to deal with at tier 7.

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

Just be prepared for the LOW gun range. 11.1KM is harsh to deal with at tier 7.

Wow it only has 11.1km range? That sucks. Can it at least mount the upgrade equipment that increases the range by 16%?

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Wow it only has 11.1km range? That sucks. Can it at least mount the upgrade equipment that increases the range by 16%?

Nope. Only the captain's skill that increases range of guns up to 155mm can increase your range and that's a tier 4 skill.

0 posts

It is definitely a good ship if used correctly, and well, the ship is quite pretty, so overall, its something I would invest it. 

Beta Testers
1,413 posts
454 battles

It's over priced but slightly better than the Myogi.  If they dropped the price to $6.99 it would be a good investment

Beta Testers
206 posts
1,870 battles

The guns are the same 5in guns used by US DDs with a long hangtime.  Hitting anything beyond 10km is as much luck as skill.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

At the moment, for me, the Ishizuchi is the best tier 4 Battleship of the game.

It's far from being perfect, but it fits so well with my playstyle.  The only thing it's missing is more armor (like put some on until my speed drops back to 24 kt, lol)

I've played 20 games with it, and been complimented in-game 4 times by ppl I did not even know, including a Tier 7 Atlanta player and 2 carrier captains ( I was threading the torpedoes, lol ).

The HE is strong with this ship (34% chance) and well worth using except if you are *sure* you will get to aim at a citadel in the upcoming 30sec. For once HE fires works in your favor.

The secondaries are really nice at close range... but It does not happen often (only 3.5km, no module upgrade possibility).

It has AA, and I've shut down planes, but don't count on it to save you.

I absolutely ADORE that thing...

I just wish it had the same number and type of module modifications the WarSpite has...  Really sad it does not.

Edited by Francois424

Beta Testers
435 posts

Should of done it sooner. Second I patched OBT, first thing I did since I had enough gold was rebuy the Atlanta and get the Atago.

1. Kitakami -->> Atago : weakness ??? 5 days open beta from that change, not much real info on it by the time of the pull.

2. Atlanta : sponge turrets, so was not really looking at that.

3. 4th of July coming expecting a sale if not premium at least ports so some of us like to be prudent how we spent our gold

4  ???

5.YOINK! PROFIT? They still have my money, which I cannot spend the gold on the premiums I want.  Their lack of communications twice in a short time period (The Fumble Bundle, even if corrected) and the pulling the premiums people want doesn't mean some of us will spend more money in the future.  Lack of trust from lack of effort to communicate, NA server isn't here to prop up European servers with our cash as we are all customers when we pay (even if you want to call it a FTP game...they don't run themselves and company screw ups chase off their first wave of customers for the long term).

As for premiums themselves, there are more than 5 if you actually looked and nobody cares what you actually own

Beta offers: Yubari, Sims, Gremyashchy

Alpha Ship: Iwaki Alpha

Beta Ship: Arkansas Beta

Premium Shop: Warspite, Ishizuchi, Murmansk, Aurora (St. Louis rip off?, looks and armament), Atago, and Atlanta

The last two being the most desirable (and greatest frustration from WG f-up) cause they print credits where as the others are what I call trainers, not quite as much credits but more experience which requires more gold to convert....hidden cost, funny that compared to the high end price of the two cruisers.  Warspite might print credits, but HE cruiser spam, fires, and the ability to get all over the map > massive floating hitpoint experience piñata. You decide which is better.

Note using WoT logic: Lowe/Type-59 $35/50 (original price way back for the first premiums, now 55)

Trainer ship; lower price

Credit ship; Higher price

WG seems to use some tiered scheme (prices vary by class such as medium vs heavy tank by a few bucks) where the credit printers are the highest at/above $50, some credit/trainers around $30, and some plain trainers that are $6-10 (M22 Locust, Ram, T-15) that are more fun to drive but limited to train crew (yet others just plain print out cash even on a loss, even if not as much) but will never ever be in the tech tree by design (cause where would the cash come from if they did?)

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

1. Kitakami -->> Atago : weakness ??? 5 days open beta from that change, not much real info on it by the time of the pull.

2. Atlanta : sponge turrets, so was not really looking at that.

3. 4th of July coming expecting a sale if not premium at least ports so some of us like to be prudent how we spent our gold

4  ???

5.YOINK! PROFIT? They still have my money, which I cannot spend the gold on the premiums I want.  Their lack of communications twice in a short time period (The Fumble Bundle, even if corrected) and the pulling the premiums people want doesn't mean some of us will spend more money in the future.  Lack of trust from lack of effort to communicate, NA server isn't here to prop up European servers with our cash as we are all customers when we pay (even if you want to call it a FTP game...they don't run themselves and company screw ups chase off their first wave of customers for the long term).

As for premiums themselves, there are more than 5 if you actually looked and nobody cares what you actually own

Beta offers: Yubari, Sims, Gremyashchy

Alpha Ship: Iwaki Alpha

Beta Ship: Arkansas Beta

Premium Shop: Warspite, Ishizuchi, Murmansk, Aurora (St. Louis rip off?, looks and armament), Atago, and Atlanta

The last two being the most desirable (and greatest frustration from WG f-up) cause they print credits where as the others are what I call trainers, not quite as much credits but more experience which requires more gold to convert....hidden cost, funny that compared to the high end price of the two cruisers.  Warspite might print credits, but HE cruiser spam, fires, and the ability to get all over the map > massive floating hitpoint experience piñata. You decide which is better.

Note using WoT logic: Lowe/Type-59 $35/50 (original price way back for the first premiums, now 55)

Trainer ship; lower price

Credit ship; Higher price

WG seems to use some tiered scheme (prices vary by class such as medium vs heavy tank by a few bucks) where the credit printers are the highest at/above $50, some credit/trainers around $30, and some plain trainers that are $6-10 (M22 Locust, Ram, T-15) that are more fun to drive but limited to train crew (yet others just plain print out cash even on a loss, even if not as much) but will never ever be in the tech tree by design (cause where would the cash come from if they did?)

There's more than 5 -gasp- no kidding! And out of all you mentioned only ones I don't have are the alpha ship, aurora and the new ijn bb. Got the CBT pack, got the Atago, Atlanta, Murmansk, beta ship.

Hell my poet is a premium parking lot. I just pointed out the 5 best.

Reason the Atlanta and Atago were pulled(and it was I. the patch notes had you bothered reading) was to keep the game from being flooded like tanks was back in the day with the type 59.  Probably a smart move till some got up the tiers some.

So thanks for the history lesson Captain Obvious.

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

I honestly haven't given it much of a chance, but the big 3 issues with it for me would be:

- Non-existent AA

- Low armor for a BB

-  AP shells aren't very reliable at penetrations

But overall its a nice ship, if you enjoy the Kongo you'll probably like it.  I just haven't taken the time to really learn how to play it just yet.